Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Rose signs 12:45 - May 15 with 5603 viewsfermin

Two-year deal:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rose-agrees-823245.aspx
Michael Rose signs on 12:51 - May 15 with 5571 viewsdebbiesfella

Pleased with this.
Michael Rose signs on 12:51 - May 15 with 5547 viewsolympicdale

good to finally have a decent free-kick taker for once. He was certainly was getting better in the team the more he played, very happy with this.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Michael Rose signs on 12:58 - May 15 with 5502 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Another piece in the jigsaw. Wonderful.

It fills me with a lot more confidence that we seem to be sorting the squad out early. Hopefully this planning will pay dividends next season and we hit the ground running.
Michael Rose signs on 13:34 - May 15 with 5372 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Took time to bed into the team and caught out a couple of times but was growing in confidence...chipped in with the odd goal too.

Hopefully,the team will be drilled and gelled together for the new campaign and I'm sure MR will be a more than useful player.
Michael Rose signs on 13:45 - May 15 with 5333 viewsBigKindo

Will it tempt his ex Colchester club mate Ian Henderson to sign?
Michael Rose signs on 13:47 - May 15 with 5326 viewsolympicdale

Michael Rose signs on 13:45 - May 15 by BigKindo

Will it tempt his ex Colchester club mate Ian Henderson to sign?

heres hoping, along with JK and possibly Phil Edwards.

Life is a game of fate.

Michael Rose signs on 14:29 - May 15 with 5215 viewsAtThePeake

Rose's set pieces are deadly, no doubt about that, but I've got a feeling he's gonna be the next Simon Ramsden on here.

Solid enough no doubt, but over-rated. Everyone seemed to love Ramsden on here, whereas I felt as decent as he was defensively, going forward he was so frustrating.

He even does the exact same aimless pump down the line! Won't help if Hilly is still into his ball retention.

At least he can take a decent set piece mind - and I'm more than willing to have my mind changed.

Tangled up in blue.

Michael Rose signs on 14:46 - May 15 with 5160 viewsolympicdale

Michael Rose signs on 14:29 - May 15 by AtThePeake

Rose's set pieces are deadly, no doubt about that, but I've got a feeling he's gonna be the next Simon Ramsden on here.

Solid enough no doubt, but over-rated. Everyone seemed to love Ramsden on here, whereas I felt as decent as he was defensively, going forward he was so frustrating.

He even does the exact same aimless pump down the line! Won't help if Hilly is still into his ball retention.

At least he can take a decent set piece mind - and I'm more than willing to have my mind changed.

I remember when defenders merely had to concentrate on just defending, now they seem to have to act as wing backs nowadays.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Rose signs on 14:47 - May 15 with 5158 views49thseason

For me, along with Kennedy this is one signing KH had to complete. I have been impressed by Rose, he has decent pace, gets forward well, defends well and has good distribution an excellent free kick and crosses well. His experience will also be of huge benefit to a young squad.
I do hope Henderson decides to join but there will be plenty of alternatives if he doesn't. Well done KH so far - fingers crossed for more to come and maybe a surprise or two.
Michael Rose signs on 14:50 - May 15 with 5140 viewsmacro

Judging by rafferty's tweets he's agreed another deal too
Michael Rose signs on 14:57 - May 15 with 5122 viewsD_Alien

Agree with most of that

A good addition to the squad and Hilly has faith in him, but not a signature I'm slavering over

On another note, can't help thinking what'd have become of Championship player Scott Wiseman after Hilly released him but Rambo then signed for Bradford!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Michael Rose signs on 14:59 - May 15 with 5110 viewslurker

Michael Rose signs on 14:50 - May 15 by macro

Judging by rafferty's tweets he's agreed another deal too

Young Rafferty's twitter account is a belter it has to be said.
At times it reads like a parody. Just a taster after he had finished a gym session with Joe Bunney....

Joe Rafferty ‏@JoeRafferty5 13 May @bunney_93 me and bunney guna be beasts soon! How is your legs arms back an ass lad?

Michael Rose signs on 15:16 - May 15 with 5058 viewsAtThePeake

Michael Rose signs on 14:46 - May 15 by olympicdale

I remember when defenders merely had to concentrate on just defending, now they seem to have to act as wing backs nowadays.

That can surely only be a good thing?

Tangled up in blue.

Michael Rose signs on 15:39 - May 15 with 4993 viewsolympicdale

Michael Rose signs on 15:16 - May 15 by AtThePeake

That can surely only be a good thing?

I am not saying I'm totally against wing backs in the modern game, but i do not like how defenders are marked down for being solid defenders, but not having that same ability going forward.

Life is a game of fate.

Michael Rose signs on 15:54 - May 15 with 4941 viewsStAnnesDale

I would have said Rose's strengths are going forward. Not necessarily in terms of over-lapping but definitely uses the ball well and his crosses are good. Not sure he is the best when defending one against one and he is not the quickest but neither was Kennedy.

Mind you if he had everything he would not be signing for us at 28.

We can all agree though that he can shoot, take a free kick, and he improved as the season progressed.
Michael Rose signs on 16:20 - May 15 with 4873 viewsAtThePeake

Michael Rose signs on 15:39 - May 15 by olympicdale

I am not saying I'm totally against wing backs in the modern game, but i do not like how defenders are marked down for being solid defenders, but not having that same ability going forward.

There's a difference between being able to attack as proficiently as you can defend, and being able to make a difference when you join an attack from full-back.

The number one priority for a full-back is that he is defensively sound, but the game as developed in such a way where players who play left or right back will be left behind if they cannot help join the attack as well.

I really can't get my head around what you're saying. Are you saying that if a full-back can defend, we shouldn't bother looking at whether he can attack too? Surely they should be marked down in comparison to another player who has the ability to attack as well?

Tangled up in blue.

Michael Rose signs on 16:25 - May 15 with 4857 viewsChaffRAFC

Great news this. He was a standout performer after his first couple of games. Great delivery on him and a threat with set pieces. It's like having Lee Todd back!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Michael Rose signs on 17:09 - May 15 with 4756 viewsSaxonDale

'He even does the exact same aimless pump down the line! Won't help if Hilly is still into his ball retention.'

Funnily enough Hill completely contradicts this statement in his DalePlayer interview today. Constantly calls Rose a 'passer' and 'creator' says he's key for ball retention.

'He even does the exact same aimless pump down the line'

Hill also said on DalePlayer a few weeks ago how important Rose was in an attacking sense to the team, stating how with Donnelly stretching play it enables Rose to pick out passes to other players who are further up the field and in space.
There's an interview from a few weeks ago with Hill with him saying how important Rose's distribution is to Rochdale's game plan. I think Hill's game plan over the last few months of the campaign was to use Rose as the attacking outlet to help swiftly move defence into attack, much how Dawson did with his diagonal balls.
Michael Rose signs on 17:30 - May 15 with 4692 viewsolympicdale

Michael Rose signs on 16:20 - May 15 by AtThePeake

There's a difference between being able to attack as proficiently as you can defend, and being able to make a difference when you join an attack from full-back.

The number one priority for a full-back is that he is defensively sound, but the game as developed in such a way where players who play left or right back will be left behind if they cannot help join the attack as well.

I really can't get my head around what you're saying. Are you saying that if a full-back can defend, we shouldn't bother looking at whether he can attack too? Surely they should be marked down in comparison to another player who has the ability to attack as well?

Your second paragraph sums up what i was saying, that defenders who can just defend and not attack are being left behind, for more attack minded full backs, and I just find that a bit sad in the modern game.

There used to be talk on here that Wiseman was not a hugely solid out and out defender, not that he was bad, but he was seen as better going forward than being a good full back.

Call me old fashioned but i would much prefer to have just a solid defender who can be relied on to defend, but thats just me.

Life is a game of fate.

Michael Rose signs on 18:11 - May 15 with 4622 viewssandylaner1

Does he even right foot?

good news hopefully he will get his best bud Hendo to sign

Was one of our best players in the run in
Michael Rose signs on 20:33 - May 15 with 4459 viewsoff2div1

Michael Rose signs on 20:46 - May 15 with 4430 viewsShun

Pleased with this. Now for Henderson.
Michael Rose signs on 20:55 - May 15 with 4408 viewsPDIDDY

Always liked him, good signing

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising