Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bury make first summer signing 15:28 - Jun 27 with 7530 viewsClivert

35 year old defender Gareth Roberts.

#buryareback
bury make first summer signing on 15:33 - Jun 27 with 5710 viewsTVOS1907

'Players from all over the globe, it's like the league of nations'

Including Wales.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

bury make first summer signing on 15:39 - Jun 27 with 5677 viewsDale_Pea

#REVOLUTION

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

bury make first summer signing on 15:44 - Jun 27 with 5637 viewsolympicdale

bury make first summer signing on 15:39 - Jun 27 by Dale_Pea

#REVOLUTION

it will be televised

Life is a game of fate.

bury make first summer signing on 15:51 - Jun 27 with 5606 viewsAtThePeake

bury make first summer signing on 15:44 - Jun 27 by olympicdale

it will be televised

... It probably won't...

Tangled up in blue.

bury make first summer signing on 16:06 - Jun 27 with 5535 viewsjudd

Poll: What is it to be then?

bury make first summer signing on 16:19 - Jun 27 with 5471 viewsRAFCBLUE

35 year old journeyman defender - who is 5 foot 6 inches tall - so small. old and slow.

Great move for him and capture for them.

As Corporal Jones would say:

DON'T PANIC, DON'T PANIC!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

bury make first summer signing on 16:23 - Jun 27 with 5434 viewsRAFCBLUE

Signing number 2: Euan Holden

Brother of Bolton player Stuart.

Played 30 games in the last 3 seasons - 2 appearances last season.

1 football leagae appearance in that 30 games. All other games were in Blue Square Premier.

#buryareback
#preparingforthefuture

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

bury make first summer signing on 16:25 - Jun 27 with 5429 viewsBigDaveMyCock

bury make first summer signing on 16:19 - Jun 27 by RAFCBLUE

35 year old journeyman defender - who is 5 foot 6 inches tall - so small. old and slow.

Great move for him and capture for them.

As Corporal Jones would say:

DON'T PANIC, DON'T PANIC!

That's a bit unfair. He's played 500 games, played in a League Cup final and was playing for Derby County in the Championship last season. Let's not get too arrogant - might just bite us on the bum.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

bury make first summer signing on 16:28 - Jun 27 with 5408 viewsjudd

bury make first summer signing on 16:25 - Jun 27 by BigDaveMyCock

That's a bit unfair. He's played 500 games, played in a League Cup final and was playing for Derby County in the Championship last season. Let's not get too arrogant - might just bite us on the bum.

That's fair comment.

He also remembers collecting at the time the cigarette cards featuring the pictures of the winning players of bury's FA Cup winning teams.

bury make first summer signing on 16:31 - Jun 27 with 5396 viewsSaxonDale

Agree, I this Roberts is a decent signing at this level. Stockport County fans don't seem to rate Holden though,

http://countyheaven.mxf.yuku.com/topic/11612899#.UcxZwfmkpd4
bury make first summer signing on 16:33 - Jun 27 with 5388 viewsClivert

bury make first summer signing on 16:28 - Jun 27 by judd

That's fair comment.

He also remembers collecting at the time the cigarette cards featuring the pictures of the winning players of bury's FA Cup winning teams.

He also made his international appearances for Wales in the 1958 World Cup.

One more signing promised before the end of the day, they might have a starting XI by the end of the week.

#buryareback
bury make first summer signing on 16:35 - Jun 27 with 5366 viewsBigDaveMyCock

bury make first summer signing on 16:28 - Jun 27 by judd

That's fair comment.

Name: Earnest Rumenthorpe

Position: Outside middle left

Transfer: 3d from Royal Engineers

Smokes: Ogden's Nut Gone Flake

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

bury make first summer signing on 16:39 - Jun 27 with 5345 viewsColDale

30 games in the Championship last year would suggest another season in League 2 is in him. Be a decent addition to the coaching staff. Not a player to build promotion teams around, but definitely a decent head to having in the dressing room.
bury make first summer signing on 16:42 - Jun 27 with 5320 viewsfitzochris

bury make first summer signing on 16:39 - Jun 27 by ColDale

30 games in the Championship last year would suggest another season in League 2 is in him. Be a decent addition to the coaching staff. Not a player to build promotion teams around, but definitely a decent head to having in the dressing room.

Put it this way, if we'd have signed him, I wouldn't have been disappointed.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

bury make first summer signing on 16:44 - Jun 27 with 5311 viewsAtThePeake

Agreed with regards to experience and being a decent head to have around the club, but I would also suggest he wouldn't have managed anywhere near that many appearances last season if it wasn't for necessity. Barker, O'Brien, Freeman and other Derby defenders have been plagued by injury all season. He's only played when 2-3 others have been injured at the back.

Tangled up in blue.

bury make first summer signing on 16:48 - Jun 27 with 5286 viewsClivert

Not the statement of intent signing that 'we' were all expecting though.

#buryareback.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
bury make first summer signing on 16:53 - Jun 27 with 5261 viewsaleanddale

bury make first summer signing on 16:42 - Jun 27 by fitzochris

Put it this way, if we'd have signed him, I wouldn't have been disappointed.

Agree Fitzo.

Not a bad signing on paper at all. Plenty of experience and a decent championship " pedigree ".

Not sure about the other fella but this lad from Derby looks like he could do a decent job for the shakers.
bury make first summer signing on 16:57 - Jun 27 with 5245 viewsBrierls

Based on the number of games he played in the Championship last year, I think Gareth Roberts is a decent signing. Not one to signal the start of a #revolution, but steady none the less. You need a bit of experience is the side, and he certainly brings that.

Euan Holden? If he's been signed as anything other than a squad player, on a very low wage, then I'd be worried if I was a bury fan. Spent four months at bury on non-contract terms and played one game on the last day of the season. He wasn't particularly popular at non-league relagation fodder Stockport. Again, not a signing that indicates a #revolution is upon us.

There is possibly one more signing to be announced today, and the rumour mill suggests it will be Ashley Grimes. He would be the pick of the bunch as far a 'quality' goes, but I'm not sure signing a player released by Dale will make people sit up and take notice. A very good player at this level if you play the way his game requires, but not a man to dig in and drive the #revolution forward.

bury make first summer signing on 17:05 - Jun 27 with 5207 viewsTVOS1907

bury make first summer signing on 16:57 - Jun 27 by Brierls

Based on the number of games he played in the Championship last year, I think Gareth Roberts is a decent signing. Not one to signal the start of a #revolution, but steady none the less. You need a bit of experience is the side, and he certainly brings that.

Euan Holden? If he's been signed as anything other than a squad player, on a very low wage, then I'd be worried if I was a bury fan. Spent four months at bury on non-contract terms and played one game on the last day of the season. He wasn't particularly popular at non-league relagation fodder Stockport. Again, not a signing that indicates a #revolution is upon us.

There is possibly one more signing to be announced today, and the rumour mill suggests it will be Ashley Grimes. He would be the pick of the bunch as far a 'quality' goes, but I'm not sure signing a player released by Dale will make people sit up and take notice. A very good player at this level if you play the way his game requires, but not a man to dig in and drive the #revolution forward.

Grimes signing confirmed.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

bury make first summer signing on 17:08 - Jun 27 with 5186 viewsClivert

bury make first summer signing on 16:57 - Jun 27 by Brierls

Grimes would be a good signing for any League2 team, despite his attitude he is a fantastic finisher and I was slightly disappointed that Hill didn't have the chance to get more out of him this coming season.
bury make first summer signing on 17:12 - Jun 27 with 5155 viewsColDale

bury make first summer signing on 17:08 - Jun 27 by Clivert

Grimes would be a good signing for any League2 team, despite his attitude he is a fantastic finisher and I was slightly disappointed that Hill didn't have the chance to get more out of him this coming season.

I always thought that the final nail in Grimes' coffin was when he tangled with Andy Manghan at Fleetwood. Needlessly got involved in an off the field incident which would have been a red card had it been seen. That sort of on field behaviour should be left behind in the Coleman era.

Grimes will undoubtedly get between 15 and 20 goals for them next season and will be an ideal replacement for Andy Bishop.
bury make first summer signing on 17:14 - Jun 27 with 5132 viewsjudd

bury make first summer signing on 17:12 - Jun 27 by ColDale

I always thought that the final nail in Grimes' coffin was when he tangled with Andy Manghan at Fleetwood. Needlessly got involved in an off the field incident which would have been a red card had it been seen. That sort of on field behaviour should be left behind in the Coleman era.

Grimes will undoubtedly get between 15 and 20 goals for them next season and will be an ideal replacement for Andy Bishop.

That's not a lot in 5 a -side, tbf.

bury make first summer signing on 17:20 - Jun 27 with 5098 viewsjudd

bury make first summer signing on 17:22 - Jun 27 with 5085 viewsaleanddale

WOW!!

will go one of two ways with Ashley.

He has all the quality - ability - he just cant be arsed*

*2 x games excepted next season!!!

Blackwell will play to his strengths and he could be a revelation.

or

Grimes will be asked to dig in and sacrifice his Ego for the good of the team and get his sleeves rolled up and get stuck in.

If the former and it works bURY have a player.

If not we all know what a lazy petulant fooker he is!!!!
bury make first summer signing on 17:37 - Jun 27 with 5016 views442Dale

You just know Bury fans will pick up on any negative comments and think we're all bitter etc. For the record, if any of them are reading, all the views in this thread are consistent with what has been said about Grimes for the last two years. He'll be a step ahead of anyone else in their squad for seeing situations and his ability is never in question.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024