Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matty Lund .. 11:00 - Dec 21 with 3369 viewsMass_Debater

..looks a bit like Scott Hogan in today's ob. Bloody amateurs.
Matty Lund .. on 11:34 - Dec 21 with 3328 views442Dale

And in the review of the year there was a particularly asute observation about summer departures, especially replacing Ashley Grimes' goals from midfield.

Disappointed there was nothing about struggling without regular starter Ian Craney. Or maybe a little bit about the defensive reshuffle after Craig Dawson's departure. It was a good year for Dale though, especially when the biggest crowd to witness a sporting event this side of Mars turned up at Spotland. Only the combined forces of a Bradford and Rotherham invasion over Blackstone Edge (you know, near Norden) would have topped it.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2013 11:35]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matty Lund .. on 12:46 - Dec 21 with 3247 viewsTVOS1907

Matty Lund .. on 11:34 - Dec 21 by 442Dale

And in the review of the year there was a particularly asute observation about summer departures, especially replacing Ashley Grimes' goals from midfield.

Disappointed there was nothing about struggling without regular starter Ian Craney. Or maybe a little bit about the defensive reshuffle after Craig Dawson's departure. It was a good year for Dale though, especially when the biggest crowd to witness a sporting event this side of Mars turned up at Spotland. Only the combined forces of a Bradford and Rotherham invasion over Blackstone Edge (you know, near Norden) would have topped it.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2013 11:35]

And central midfielder Kevin McIntyre too.

Also, after losing to Chesterfield in the JPT, we were playing catch-up with our league fixtures!!!!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matty Lund .. on 13:03 - Dec 21 with 3233 viewsYouTubeDale

If it was a report on Man Utd or Man City the media would have got it spot on. But it's Rochdale and any shite will do. These people don't deserve jobs.

On a slightly different note,but media again, guess which team is being televised at the moment on the TV? I will give you one guess...of course it is Leicester City. They seem to be always on the TV. The title of the program on Sky Sports 1 is "FL72". Perhaps it should read "FL1". Nowt against Leicester but why, why, why can't the biased media spread the games out more to other teams in the Championship. And on a wider debate, there should be more games given to lower Leagues in order to feed the "have nots" as well.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Matty Lund .. on 13:49 - Dec 21 with 3183 viewsSalwaDale

Matty Lund .. on 13:03 - Dec 21 by YouTubeDale

If it was a report on Man Utd or Man City the media would have got it spot on. But it's Rochdale and any shite will do. These people don't deserve jobs.

On a slightly different note,but media again, guess which team is being televised at the moment on the TV? I will give you one guess...of course it is Leicester City. They seem to be always on the TV. The title of the program on Sky Sports 1 is "FL72". Perhaps it should read "FL1". Nowt against Leicester but why, why, why can't the biased media spread the games out more to other teams in the Championship. And on a wider debate, there should be more games given to lower Leagues in order to feed the "have nots" as well.

Fair point. Having said that, we seemed to become rather popular during the first KH spell - got far more than our 'fair share' of tv coverage.

TBBT

Matty Lund .. on 13:54 - Dec 21 with 3171 views442Dale

Matty Lund .. on 13:49 - Dec 21 by SalwaDale

Fair point. Having said that, we seemed to become rather popular during the first KH spell - got far more than our 'fair share' of tv coverage.

The first KH spell where we didn't really miss Adam Le Fondre's goals from midfield after he left.

Matty Lund .. on 15:04 - Dec 21 with 3101 viewsBartRowou

And I've just been reading Obs from early 1988 where John Moore is described variously as "exciting", "highly rated" and "the next Reg Jenkins". Sheesh.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Matty Lund .. on 16:41 - Dec 21 with 3013 views442Dale

Matty Lund .. on 15:04 - Dec 21 by BartRowou

And I've just been reading Obs from early 1988 where John Moore is described variously as "exciting", "highly rated" and "the next Reg Jenkins". Sheesh.

Did they construct such opinions using Soccerbase and Sky Sports?

Matty Lund .. on 16:59 - Dec 21 with 2995 viewsTVOS1907

Matty Lund .. on 16:41 - Dec 21 by 442Dale

Did they construct such opinions using Soccerbase and Sky Sports?

It's hard to write much when there aren't any new MASSIVE pictures available.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Matty Lund .. on 17:25 - Dec 21 with 2961 viewszxcvbnm

Ob has really gone downhill since the MEN took it over. How many more years will it exist?

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Matty Lund .. on 19:27 - Dec 21 with 2857 viewsdownunder

Matty Lund .. on 17:25 - Dec 21 by zxcvbnm

Ob has really gone downhill since the MEN took it over. How many more years will it exist?

For ever. The title will change though...مانچسٹر شام خبر
Matty Lund .. on 04:02 - Dec 22 with 2769 viewsDiddyDave

I sent them (MEN) an e-mail a couple of months ago asking them why I can`t access the Deaths column anymore on line Obby,but,needless to say,I never even got the courtesy of a reply. Which begs the question;does anybody know how I can access this,if is it at all possible? When it was the Rochdale Obby,I had no problems,but since those turkeys in Manchester took it over,they`ve either changed the format that I can`t work out,or they`ve completely taken it off. Either way.they`re a bunch of tossers.
Matty Lund .. on 09:39 - Dec 22 with 2710 viewsSuddenLad

Matty Lund .. on 04:02 - Dec 22 by DiddyDave

I sent them (MEN) an e-mail a couple of months ago asking them why I can`t access the Deaths column anymore on line Obby,but,needless to say,I never even got the courtesy of a reply. Which begs the question;does anybody know how I can access this,if is it at all possible? When it was the Rochdale Obby,I had no problems,but since those turkeys in Manchester took it over,they`ve either changed the format that I can`t work out,or they`ve completely taken it off. Either way.they`re a bunch of tossers.

The Obituaries are apparently now subscription only. I lost a relative last year and wanted to leave a few words on-line in remembrance. I was 'invited' to pay to access the relevant site in order to do so.

I didn't bother.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Matty Lund .. on 22:36 - Dec 22 with 2570 viewsDiddyDave

Ok,thanks for that Sudden Lad,at least I know it`s not dummy me who can`t work it out! By the way is Sudden Working Mens Club still open? I had my farewell there on 29,July,1972 and had some cracker nights in there early seventies with some reet good lads,John (Simmy) Simpson,Paul Shanks,Tommy Cryer,Bob Wild,Kenny Beasley,Dave Healey,Jack Horrocks and a load of others. Yep,happy days!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024