Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Delusional? (Not Bury) 12:42 - Dec 30 with 3201 viewsrod_leach

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Rochdale-2-Bristol-Rovers-0-match-analysis/story-20

According to their local paper, Rovers dominated the first half! No mention of us playing for 11 mins with ten men, then Lancashire still recovering once he came back on for a while. Shots on target for them in 90 mins was 3. Bizarre. I didn't once feel worried that they would win. My main concern was that we wouldn't score.
Delusional? (Not Bury) on 15:50 - Dec 30 with 2906 viewsboromat

Same story on their messageboards all of them say it was all them in the first half with no mention of us going down to ten men.

Their description of us is a very direct team and nothing special.

Funny how fans see games differently.

I didn't think Rovers were the worst team to come to Spotland this season but thought that they fit into the lower half of the league bracket. They had some standout players but as a team they weren't good enough, bit like us under Coleman in a way. First half we had a slow start that was made worse with Lancashire going off for what seemed like 20 mins but was probably more like 10 or 15. It then took him a bit of time to regain his confidence on the pitch. After we had settled back down we got into the swing of things and dominated. Bristols only chances from then on came off the back of our play and they never looked like scoring.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Delusional? (Not Bury) on 16:14 - Dec 30 with 2844 viewsArthurDaley

The bloke on GMR, when they went over to him on about 75/80 minutes.
Rovers are playing a bit better now that they are keeping the ball on the floor.
The first 75 minutes sounded like a typical John Ward team.

A large VAT Dave

Delusional? (Not Bury) on 16:17 - Dec 30 with 2832 viewsSuddenLad

If the Brizzle supporters think it was all them in the first half, they aren't being honest with themselves.

I can understand supporters wanting to 'take the positives' from a defeat and in that respect they were by no means the worst team to appear at Spotland this season, but they're 'over-egging the pudding' a bit to say they were dominating the game.

Anyway, they went home with nowt and we kept the three points and a clean sheet. That tells you all you need to know.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Delusional? (Not Bury) on 07:18 - Dec 31 with 2531 viewsDaley_Lama

After 30 minutes I pondered to myself, If I was an "in play" better then I would probably back Brizzle as they looked the more threatening. We didn't look at the races at all.

Whether we had 10 or 11 is irrelevant when saying who dominated, obviously it is a factor in defining who dominated. For example.

Argentina won the 1986 World Cup. True statement
Argentina won the 1986 World Cup partly aided by the hand of god goal.

At 30 mins Dale clicked into gear somewhat and I was more confident as we went to half time.

I've felt for a long time that Hilly teams work better in the second half in the main after both he and the players have worked out the opposition.

Poll: DF in or out

Delusional? (Not Bury) on 10:41 - Dec 31 with 2425 viewsmaybee

Delusional? (Not Bury) on 07:18 - Dec 31 by Daley_Lama

After 30 minutes I pondered to myself, If I was an "in play" better then I would probably back Brizzle as they looked the more threatening. We didn't look at the races at all.

Whether we had 10 or 11 is irrelevant when saying who dominated, obviously it is a factor in defining who dominated. For example.

Argentina won the 1986 World Cup. True statement
Argentina won the 1986 World Cup partly aided by the hand of god goal.

At 30 mins Dale clicked into gear somewhat and I was more confident as we went to half time.

I've felt for a long time that Hilly teams work better in the second half in the main after both he and the players have worked out the opposition.

Correct Lama. Bristol started the better without really looking like scoring. After about half an hour, we began to get the measure of them and from there onwards, we were quite comfortably better.
They are a bit of a puzzle...having half a dozen good players, and a budget that the likes of us can only dream about;. but they just don't seem to function as a team, which is the key to it all really. The lack of support for their lone striker summed them up, but I doubt that a Bristolian hack would dare to print that !!!
Delusional? (Not Bury) on 10:56 - Dec 31 with 2395 viewsD_Alien

Delusional? (Not Bury) on 10:41 - Dec 31 by maybee

Correct Lama. Bristol started the better without really looking like scoring. After about half an hour, we began to get the measure of them and from there onwards, we were quite comfortably better.
They are a bit of a puzzle...having half a dozen good players, and a budget that the likes of us can only dream about;. but they just don't seem to function as a team, which is the key to it all really. The lack of support for their lone striker summed them up, but I doubt that a Bristolian hack would dare to print that !!!

My take on our first half hour (even before Lancashire was sidelined) was that the "taking foot off gas" in the last half hour against Mansfield was being carried over.

It's an odd thing to do in many ways - taking the foot off gas during a sporting encounter. The margins between teams remain small and mindset is such a key factor that switching the "100%" button off can mean it can't readily be switched on again, even into the next game. No doubt sports psychologists would have something to say about this.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Delusional? (Not Bury) on 10:58 - Dec 31 with 2390 viewsDaley_Lama

Was really surprised it took them 80 mins to stick another striker up front with him. (Striker on loan there from Preston)

I'm kinda glad Brizzle is out of the way this season, they always seem to start slowly, have a billion injuries then finish strongly raising title hopes for the next season.

We also got Mansfield at the perfect time, Santa's little fixture planner has been very good to us and anything at Scunny has to be considered a bonus with 6/6 over Xmas. And Leeds on Sat.

But we owe them for the 4-0 and Keith Hill is our manager so i demand 3 points!

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024