Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds fans 00:48 - Jan 5 with 4664 viewsMattbdale

I must say a massive congrats to all of the Leeds fans I have spoken with today.

They have taken defeat as best you can and have been respectful of what an achievement this was for the Dale.

Thank you

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leeds fans on 10:53 - Jan 5 with 4444 viewsZac_Leeds_LS6

Well we will never be everyones cup of tea.. but hopefully showed that despite stories to the contrary Leeds supporters are mainly well behaved these days and to be honest any thing other than congratulations would be sour grapes on our part..

Heard that a few fans of ours were dotted around in home ends , but again didnt see anything untoward só if anything just more coinage in the coffers for you guys..

Sure today will be one of those where you buy every sunday paper instead of 1 or 2.. ha..

only postive to come out of it for us is the obvious need to.improve our squad asap.

regards
Leeds fans on 10:59 - Jan 5 with 4404 viewsR17ALE

Leeds fans on 10:53 - Jan 5 by Zac_Leeds_LS6

Well we will never be everyones cup of tea.. but hopefully showed that despite stories to the contrary Leeds supporters are mainly well behaved these days and to be honest any thing other than congratulations would be sour grapes on our part..

Heard that a few fans of ours were dotted around in home ends , but again didnt see anything untoward só if anything just more coinage in the coffers for you guys..

Sure today will be one of those where you buy every sunday paper instead of 1 or 2.. ha..

only postive to come out of it for us is the obvious need to.improve our squad asap.

regards

I'd echo the OP too. There were a few Leeds fans in the Sandy, but there were far more folk who had come to support us to see Leeds lose imho. I detected several unusual accents - Manc and Southern - who seemed more concerned with shouting abuse at the travelling fans.

The Leeds fans were easily identifiable. They were the only people leaving the home stands in the 85th minute.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Leeds fans on 12:39 - Jan 5 with 4275 viewsaleanddale

I would like to add something to this thread. I thought the Leeds fans were fantastic.

Never saw a hint of trouble or felt in any way threateded.

Spoke to a couple before the game who were good lads enjoying another footy day out.

I saw plenty applauding hendo's goal and plenty aplauding both the players and our fans before they turned on there own. A lot was said pre game but to host them was a pleasure, they game in numbers and spent a lot of money doing so.

There efforts are appreciated and the gestures of a few who are complimentary in defeat speaks volumes.

To be fair they are a class above what we experienced in the Man united friendly a couple of years ago - now they were classless muppets of the highest order.

If any Leeds fans read this - Thanks again and despite the result I hope you could enjoy the day and see what a day like yesterday means to us all here at the Dale.

I also now hope there season improves and they go onto better things.
Leeds fans on 13:28 - Jan 5 with 4162 viewsmaybee

The Leeds fans in the Ratcliffe before the game were a credit to their club. Plentiful, keen to drink and very humble towards us.

Funnily enough, I sat in my usual seat in the Main Stand, next to 2 Asian lads from Rochdale, who had come to support Leeds. They had never been to Spotland before, and when I enquired as to why, the answer was that we were rubbish...they only like big clubs.

In fairness, they did give us some praise, but left as our second goal went in...before I had the chance to ask them back

In the players lounge after the match, the Leeds fans present were also superbly behaved, and full of compliments towards us. It was a pleasure to chat with them throughout the day, and I'd welcome them back any time. Exactly the opposite of the scum who followed FCUM.
Leeds fans on 13:53 - Jan 5 with 4073 viewsThe_DJ

Leeds fans on 13:28 - Jan 5 by maybee

The Leeds fans in the Ratcliffe before the game were a credit to their club. Plentiful, keen to drink and very humble towards us.

Funnily enough, I sat in my usual seat in the Main Stand, next to 2 Asian lads from Rochdale, who had come to support Leeds. They had never been to Spotland before, and when I enquired as to why, the answer was that we were rubbish...they only like big clubs.

In fairness, they did give us some praise, but left as our second goal went in...before I had the chance to ask them back

In the players lounge after the match, the Leeds fans present were also superbly behaved, and full of compliments towards us. It was a pleasure to chat with them throughout the day, and I'd welcome them back any time. Exactly the opposite of the scum who followed FCUM.

Pity you didn't tell me they were rubbishing our club

Would have been a lively discussion that followed.

Leeds fans on 14:34 - Jan 5 with 3957 viewskirbys

Leeds fans on 13:28 - Jan 5 by maybee

Agree that Leeds fans were very magnanimous in defeat.
What chance of such behavour if Wednesday get through the replay.
Batton down the hatches if the last visit was anything to go by.
Leeds fans on 17:03 - Jan 6 with 3580 viewstony_roch975

The Yorkshire Evening Post comments section from yesterday has a stream of disaffected LUFC fans complaining about their team's lack of fight, how the Cup doesn't matter, how hard it is being a LUFC fan & who they need to buy to save their season but respect is due to RadderWhite who posted:
"Lets swap the whole of the Leeds team with Rochdale's team. That would be an improvement...A lot has been made of Leeds losing against Rochdale, calling it a disgrace etc but I was at the match and I was also at the match against Blackburn. iMHO, Rochdale played better than Blackburn did against Leeds. problem with everybody posting on YEP is that they think we should walk over anybody in divisions below us and its not the case. Rochdale would have beaten quite a number of championship teams. Maybe some of the people writing such negative comments should start watching some football in the lower leagues. There are some gems of footballers in the lower leagues, lets not forget jermaine beckford. As for Rochdale, they have had the likes of Ricky lambert, grant holt, le Fondra playing for them in the past and guess what, how many of you lot would want them at Leeds now ???"
Now that's a knowledgeable football fan!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Leeds fans on 18:32 - Jan 6 with 3445 viewsjokerthief

I sat in a bar in Pattaya Thailand, watching the game live..the only Rochdale fan..surrounded by maybe 60 Leeds fans..Could not help cheering when we scored..At the end I thought I may be in trouble..The leeds fans were moaning and furious at their team..So it was quite a shock when at least 5 of them came up to me after the match, shook my hand and said Rochdale played fantastic, for a lower league club...Just hope the same happens when we play the rougher lot from Sheffield.....
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds fans on 12:38 - Jan 7 with 3079 viewsjav14

If it does end up being the Wendies, lets hope the ground staff, nail, screw and weld everything down to stop those idiots from ripping them down and throwing them.
Leeds fans on 13:02 - Jan 7 with 3035 viewsoff2div1

I even got The Pulse of West Yorkshire to play the Leeds fans Wonderwall and I dedicated it to them & Keith
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024