Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough bid for Hogan 20:10 - Jan 7 with 49722 viewsoddjob007

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:12 - Jan 7 with 11663 viewsrochdale1987

Sorry but I think he is better than going there. 500k minimum with sell ons is what we should hold out for, or preferably not sell him at all.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:17 - Jan 7 with 11614 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:12 - Jan 7 by rochdale1987

Sorry but I think he is better than going there. 500k minimum with sell ons is what we should hold out for, or preferably not sell him at all.

Just Tweeted exactly that.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:41 - Jan 7 with 11465 viewslove_the_dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:12 - Jan 7 by rochdale1987

If it's Hogan's decision, would he rather be here or at Peterborough? Here, enjoying his football with a superb team on a high, great chance of progress on two fronts, manager and coaching staff he respects and who can advance his learning, excellent chance of playing in League One next season OR Peterborough, who are ten points off automatic promotion and could well be in League One with us next season, good manager and staff, but unknown quality as far as Hogan is concerned?

If it is The Dale's decision, are they better off with him or without him? With him, it increases our chances of advancement, we lose a reasonable sum of money, which may increase or decrease depending on what happens for the rest of the season. Without him, we have lost a proven goalscorer, but have a sum of money which may be used for.. what?

I am not expressing any opinion, just spewing out thoughts :)
[Post edited 7 Jan 2014 20:45]
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:48 - Jan 7 with 11411 viewsSuddenLad

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:41 - Jan 7 by love_the_dale

If it's Hogan's decision, would he rather be here or at Peterborough? Here, enjoying his football with a superb team on a high, great chance of progress on two fronts, manager and coaching staff he respects and who can advance his learning, excellent chance of playing in League One next season OR Peterborough, who are ten points off automatic promotion and could well be in League One with us next season, good manager and staff, but unknown quality as far as Hogan is concerned?

If it is The Dale's decision, are they better off with him or without him? With him, it increases our chances of advancement, we lose a reasonable sum of money, which may increase or decrease depending on what happens for the rest of the season. Without him, we have lost a proven goalscorer, but have a sum of money which may be used for.. what?

I am not expressing any opinion, just spewing out thoughts :)
[Post edited 7 Jan 2014 20:45]

I'd back Keith Hill to advance his career more successfully than Darren Ferguson would. That's all Scott Hogan needs to think about.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:58 - Jan 7 with 11341 viewssykeboy

as with all deals it will come down to money, if they offer silly money then the deal may be done, we don't currently need to sell and Scotty is under contract, Peterborough do have previous for buying similar players.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:02 - Jan 7 with 11303 viewsfitzochris

Lee Tomlin is no doubt about to move, so Posh are looking for a direct replacement. Celtic have been sniffing round Tomlin for ages.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:13 - Jan 7 with 11256 viewssandylaner1

saw on twitter few days back their chairman responded specifically to a question about hogan - wouldn't be surprised if the story came from it

posh chairman answered by saying he has a keen eye across the lower leagues for young talent but often the clubs dont want to sell etc

that goal and performance against leeds alone added a few hundred grand onto hulks value but thats all irrelevant anyway as hes staying at dale
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:14 - Jan 7 with 11244 viewslibertinedreamer

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:48 - Jan 7 by SuddenLad

I'd back Keith Hill to advance his career more successfully than Darren Ferguson would. That's all Scott Hogan needs to think about.

I think darren has helped as many players as hill as so this is a fallacy imo. I think they would be a good step up as lower championship upper league one, something which at this moment in time dale are a long long way off.
Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:20 - Jan 7 with 11197 viewsR17ALE

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:14 - Jan 7 by libertinedreamer

I think darren has helped as many players as hill as so this is a fallacy imo. I think they would be a good step up as lower championship upper league one, something which at this moment in time dale are a long long way off.

Can you list these players? You'll need at least half a dozen.

And we are nearer League one than Peterborough are to the Championship.

Other than that, I agree!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:21 - Jan 7 with 11189 viewsSuddenLad

Nice attempt. Try a different bait............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:27 - Jan 7 with 11146 viewssandylaner1

i feel so sorry for you
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:37 - Jan 7 with 11086 viewslibertinedreamer

Not trying to troll. Boyd, smith and mclean spring to mind. I just think it is a bit of a myth you lot create that only hill can develop players. Whilst im not arguing that you are closer to league one than they are the championship, if you go up this season next year you will be happy with 5th bottom. They expect a promotion challenge, it is a different sort of pressure and one im sure strikers love.

As an aside i think Wolves should be the team that come in for him. Possibly Bradford will bid for him if wells goes? Could be a good bidding war.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:55 - Jan 7 with 10979 viewsTVOS1907

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:37 - Jan 7 by libertinedreamer

Not trying to troll. Boyd, smith and mclean spring to mind. I just think it is a bit of a myth you lot create that only hill can develop players. Whilst im not arguing that you are closer to league one than they are the championship, if you go up this season next year you will be happy with 5th bottom. They expect a promotion challenge, it is a different sort of pressure and one im sure strikers love.

As an aside i think Wolves should be the team that come in for him. Possibly Bradford will bid for him if wells goes? Could be a good bidding war.

Le Fondre
Dagnall
Dawson
O'Grady
Perkins
Wiseman
Murray
Buckley.....

..... spring to mind.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:48 - Jan 7 with 10755 viewsR17ALE

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:55 - Jan 7 by TVOS1907

Le Fondre
Dagnall
Dawson
O'Grady
Perkins
Wiseman
Murray
Buckley.....

..... spring to mind.

I'm, sure LB will be back with a list longer than yours.

As we know, the buckets are famous with numbers. Always miscount.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:17 - Jan 7 with 10673 viewsDaleFan7

A Hogan-less Rochdale wouldn't finish in the play offs so it depends on what the club want to achieve this season IMO.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:27 - Jan 7 with 10655 viewsNotEyreClue

Unless it's a ridiculous sum of money OR Hogan himself wants to leave then he won't be going anywhere. Saying that, do you think Hill would try and stop him going even if he wanted to? I get the feeling he might think Hogan should repay the loyalty he showed by bringing him back in from the wilderness.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:36 - Jan 7 with 10627 viewsDaleFan7

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:27 - Jan 7 by NotEyreClue

Unless it's a ridiculous sum of money OR Hogan himself wants to leave then he won't be going anywhere. Saying that, do you think Hill would try and stop him going even if he wanted to? I get the feeling he might think Hogan should repay the loyalty he showed by bringing him back in from the wilderness.

Will Hogan feel theirs any loyalty when we let him go in the first place though?
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:50 - Jan 7 with 10585 viewsSwissdale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:36 - Jan 7 by DaleFan7

Will Hogan feel theirs any loyalty when we let him go in the first place though?

Exactly, we cannot expect loyalty from a player we released into the footballing wilderness. Nor should we expect loyalty from any player for that matter. These are human beings in a job with a limited career and will (rightly) want to climb as high as they can as quickly as they can.

When it comes to situations like this, it's the club's responsibility to negotiate the possible deal to financially allow the club to develop - be it with or without said player.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:54 - Jan 7 with 10572 viewsmikehunt

I think a Hogan-less Dale would finish in the play-offs but a Hogan-less Dale might not finish in auto places. It's the usual conundrum; next game could see him injured and we are without him anyway. I think this season, more than any, sees us with some strength in depth. Hogan is one of our stars and all I would say is don't let him go for peanuts. We have been shafted too many times in the past.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:57 - Jan 7 with 10567 viewsmikehunt

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:36 - Jan 7 by DaleFan7

We can't have done too much wrong first time round or why would he have bothered coming back to us?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 00:17 - Jan 8 with 10533 viewsDaleFan7

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:57 - Jan 7 by mikehunt

We can't have done too much wrong first time round or why would he have bothered coming back to us?

No other offers? Don't know just putting the possibilities out there, I just really hope we don't sell him. He's quite clearly our main source of goals and most of them are at home. Which in correlation, our home form is much better than away. I would fear a decline in form without him, unless we had someone like Dagnall lined up I wouldn't consider any offer south of £500k at the moment.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 04:30 - Jan 8 with 10420 viewsColDale

Hogan seems a level headed young lad, and he will have had conversations with Hill as to his future career. I don't think we would stand in the lad's way if it was in both the best interests of the club and the player. Thankfully, Hill's record as a manager is one of being able to bring sustained improvement to a player's career and will also act as a warning of making a move simply for the sake of it. Might just be in my head, but Posh seem to have a record of signing young strikers left, right and centre, and for a lad playing without a contract at Hyde a matter of months ago, it is vitally important for him that he doesn't find himself at the wrong club.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 07:26 - Jan 8 with 10323 viewsaleanddale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:02 - Jan 7 by fitzochris

Lee Tomlin is no doubt about to move, so Posh are looking for a direct replacement. Celtic have been sniffing round Tomlin for ages.

Celtic would be better off sniffing around Hogan!!!

Seriously if Tomlin could do a job there is no doubt Scott would do to with more scope for improvement.

whatever it needs to be right for any player and it needs to be right for us.

£500 000 + add ons minimum or any sniffing club can do one!!!

Hilly is a genius at player recruitment / developmnent.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:27 - Jan 8 with 10117 viewssandylaner1

people are talking as if they've made a firm offer or its anything more than speculation

hogan is a contracted rochdale player, playing for a superb man manager, in a team that has not only just beat leeds united but totally footballed them to death

and this news is recognition of that fact

everyone surmising what hogans value is is pointless, the bigger picture is that if we sold him now it would devalue everything hill is doing

how the club act on this will set a precedent in the future when teams come in again for hogan, matty lund, jamie allen etc

promotion is our aim this season, to do that we keep our best players

*issues hands off warning*
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:04 - Jan 8 with 9954 viewsdale1968

Totally Agree.

I know that sometimes we need to be a selling club to balance the books but surely this year should see a healthy balance sheet?

This is a great season to be a Dale Fan with the League Position and FA Cup exploits.

So my message to all the Vultures P==S Off and go take a running jump.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024