Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop critcising George Donnelly !! 19:24 - Jan 18 with 6714 viewsrobbowood

I cannot believe I am reading someone say "Donnelly only disappointment assist aside lots of running about with no end result"

We all know his strengths and weaknesses

Give the lad a break for god's sake

What 'end result' are you expecting when our tactics were to play him upfront all on his own especially in the first half after we went one up.

When he did get the ball (after chasing a long ball and more often than not and having more than one defender around him) there was nobody to for him to give it to. His ball to put Jamie Allen in for the first goal was superb

Our tactics and team selection were done in mind with our large number of games coming up in the next 2-3 weeks

We win 3-0 (an ugly win to my mind which will do very nicely against teams such as Plymouth) and people still moan about Donnelly !!!!
Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 19:26 - Jan 18 with 5146 viewsmacro

Football is a game of opinions and yours is wrong
Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 19:27 - Jan 18 with 5130 viewsboromat

I think the majority have said how well he played. I've always been a fan. I'm still not sure he's fully fit. But he was one of the standout players today, his hassling of the back four gave Henderson and Allen the space behind him to really cause problems.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 19:39 - Jan 18 with 5051 viewsToffeemanc

The injury layoff seems to have benefitted George.
I thought his ball control and lay off short passes today were a lot better than usual and he seemed to be very sharp early in the game. Given his pace and physical ability I think he is a better option than Cummins although I don't believe either will score double figures this season.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 19:49 - Jan 18 with 4988 viewsDaley_Lama

Good game today Georgie, put one over the bar in the first half under pressure but his bustling play and ball for Scholes for the first was ace.

Today was example number 94 whe we DONT need a big target man and we DO need a running, chasing, harrying man up top.

Reid was certainly big.

Poll: DF in or out

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 20:19 - Jan 18 with 4867 viewsfirgrovedale51

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 19:26 - Jan 18 by macro

Football is a game of opinions and yours is wrong

No yours is wrong
Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 21:32 - Jan 18 with 4711 viewsjudd

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 19:49 - Jan 18 by Daley_Lama

Good game today Georgie, put one over the bar in the first half under pressure but his bustling play and ball for Scholes for the first was ace.

Today was example number 94 whe we DONT need a big target man and we DO need a running, chasing, harrying man up top.

Reid was certainly big.

George Donnelly got a thoroughly deserved standing ovation when he left the pitch today. Again.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:31 - Jan 18 with 4619 viewsstuartcryer

no the standing ovation was for hogan staying donnelly is still our week link

wardle blue

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:33 - Jan 18 with 4607 viewsjudd

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:31 - Jan 18 by stuartcryer

Bollocks

Login to get fewer ads

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:36 - Jan 18 with 4597 viewsstuartcryer

so donnelly was that good ? dont think so

wardle blue

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:40 - Jan 18 with 4583 viewsTTNYear

You can't be too critical if Donnelly today. If you do then your taking his previous games into consideration. Give the lad credit for his performance today.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:42 - Jan 18 with 4575 viewsMoonyDale

And more bollox...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:43 - Jan 18 with 4570 viewsjudd

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:36 - Jan 18 by stuartcryer

so donnelly was that good ? dont think so

That good that the substitution got the standing ovation?

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:44 - Jan 18 with 4570 viewsstuartcryer

i never said donnelly was bad today but the standing ovation was not for him it was for hogan and what has gone on this january

wardle blue

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:47 - Jan 18 with 4544 viewsD_Alien

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:44 - Jan 18 by stuartcryer

i never said donnelly was bad today but the standing ovation was not for him it was for hogan and what has gone on this january

It was for both.

George got the good hand he deserved, then there was a renewed burst of applause as Hogan came on.

[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 22:48]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:47 - Jan 18 with 4556 viewsTTNYear

Quite

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:47 - Jan 18 with 4553 viewsroccydaleian

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:40 - Jan 18 by TTNYear

You can't be too critical if Donnelly today. If you do then your taking his previous games into consideration. Give the lad credit for his performance today.

Correct. Donnelly put in a good shift today. Stuart do one you moaning tw@t.
Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:48 - Jan 18 with 4541 viewsjudd

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:44 - Jan 18 by stuartcryer

Bollocks

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:49 - Jan 18 with 4535 viewsBobsAdaley

The ovation was for Donnelly, I was in the main stand and they stood to a man when the announcement was made.

Have your opinion on the man, your entitled, but don't invent things which did not happen.
Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:52 - Jan 18 with 4516 viewsRochdaleLeeds

As a player I love Donnelly, he does a lot for us in his position, when fully fit he always harrasses defenders and goalkeepers and albeit he isnt the best technical player, he has the heart and desire to do the best for the team and he does that in my eyes....

If it wasnt for Cummins last 3 or so appearances I would take Donnelly and start him every game without a second thought because I was under the impression Cummins was more a weak link due to him being lazy, never chasing down defenders and the keeper and quite frankly never put himself about like a striker should.
Since mid december though I do admit Cummins has been playing very well.

Different people see different things.
Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:53 - Jan 18 with 4508 viewsstuartcryer

you know what im saying ian he was ok today

wardle blue

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:56 - Jan 18 with 4498 viewsRochdaleLeeds

oh and I was stood clapping for Donnelly, he deserved it (as always).
Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:58 - Jan 18 with 4492 viewsstuartcryer

there is no invention who would you stand up for the loyalty that hogan has showed or the fact donnelly had a good game not excellent but steady that is what he is paid to do

wardle blue

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 23:03 - Jan 18 with 4468 viewsTTNYear

Ok you win.

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 23:04 - Jan 18 with 4465 viewsroccydaleian

Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 22:58 - Jan 18 by stuartcryer

there is no invention who would you stand up for the loyalty that hogan has showed or the fact donnelly had a good game not excellent but steady that is what he is paid to do

Stuart. Shut the fook up, or otherwise you'll be known as the new Tazbot...
Stop critcising George Donnelly !! on 23:05 - Jan 18 with 4455 viewsBeckWMG

Donnelly is a decent League 2 squad player. He did ok today but his first touch isn't the best and he has no football brain whatsoever. You can't fault him for effort though.

With Chesterfield and Wednesday to come, KH did well to use our squad against a team we expected to beat.

I'd be surprised if Donnelly started on Tues. And be more surprised if he was at our club if we got promoted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024