Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conditions 20:30 - Feb 2 with 1242 viewsmacro

Any coincidence that defeats at home have come in windy and stormy weather - Wimbledon, d&r and Sheffield wed. Maybe we need decent Weather for our style of football
Conditions on 20:40 - Feb 2 with 1213 viewsnordenblue

What about Scunthorpe,if were only decent in the nice weather id suggest we transport Rochdale to Spain.We need an alternative to Hillys footballing teams to death as sadly this wont always work when teams close us down fast and allow no time on the ball.
Conditions on 20:52 - Feb 2 with 1191 viewspioneer

Conditions on 20:40 - Feb 2 by nordenblue

What about Scunthorpe,if were only decent in the nice weather id suggest we transport Rochdale to Spain.We need an alternative to Hillys footballing teams to death as sadly this wont always work when teams close us down fast and allow no time on the ball.

You mean teams who play '19th century football'?
Conditions on 21:32 - Feb 2 with 1131 viewsnordenblue

Conditions on 20:52 - Feb 2 by pioneer

You mean teams who play '19th century football'?

Not really,I mean teams with a semi bright manager who does his homework on how we play and mark our key play makers and stop any flow of balls to the forwards,as we dont have a plan B target man we are out of ideas.
Conditions on 00:23 - Feb 3 with 971 viewsToffeemanc

Whilst the weather is a factor with our brand of football I think the more common factor in the three games listed is that the opposition. They were all big physical teams who caused problems from set plays and disrupted our flowing game with physical tactics that we don't seem to be able to compete with. I'd expect similar at Wimbledon next week and at home to Morecambe the week after which I fear will be another poor game to watch. Hopefully we can still pick up points from these games to maintain our promotion push.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Conditions on 12:07 - Feb 3 with 755 viewsD_Alien

I referred to this factor in the pre-match weather thread.

The main thing is to take the lead when we're on top - which we will be when we're playing with the wind in our favour as we were for most of the first half against D&R

Not doing so gives the opposition every advantage in the second half.

Unfortunately, this is what football in L2 in winter is often about. We have to deal with it or stay where we are.

[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 12:16]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Conditions on 15:25 - Feb 3 with 572 viewsSandyman

Conditions on 12:07 - Feb 3 by D_Alien

I referred to this factor in the pre-match weather thread.

The main thing is to take the lead when we're on top - which we will be when we're playing with the wind in our favour as we were for most of the first half against D&R

Not doing so gives the opposition every advantage in the second half.

Unfortunately, this is what football in L2 in winter is often about. We have to deal with it or stay where we are.

[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 12:16]

Agreed, D_Alien. Other teams (D & R , Wimbledon) have come here, coped and won in poor conditions when we could have done better with a change of game plan. As much as it goes against Mr Hill's splendid football ethos, sometimes conditions dictate hoofing it up to Vincenti and/or Bunney when the weather combined with the opposition nullifies quality football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024