Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? 19:32 - May 16 with 5232 viewsmeeee

Arsenal vs Hull or Barca vs Atletico. With them both kicking of at the same time im not to sure which one to watch. Which one will you be watching if any?
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 19:33 - May 16 with 3090 viewsAtThePeake

Sky+ing the La Liga decider, banning all internet-receiving devices from the front room, watching the cup final live and then straight over to Spain at FT.

Tangled up in blue.

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 19:50 - May 16 with 3055 viewsStudiousDale

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 19:33 - May 16 by AtThePeake

Sky+ing the La Liga decider, banning all internet-receiving devices from the front room, watching the cup final live and then straight over to Spain at FT.

But then when are you going to watch the German cup final? That kicks off at 7!

FA Cup final for me
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 19:51 - May 16 with 3047 viewsAtThePeake

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 19:50 - May 16 by StudiousDale

But then when are you going to watch the German cup final? That kicks off at 7!

FA Cup final for me

NEVER.

Tangled up in blue.

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 20:09 - May 16 with 3022 viewsSwissdale

Can't believe this is even a quandary for some people. Since when did everyone become so arsed about the Spanish league? It's the FA cup final for gods sake!

Goes to show how crap the FA are that genuine football fans aren't that bothered about their premium cup competition. Would really love to see the winner of the FA Cup get a champions league spot - that would spice it up a bit. They'll never do it though, for fear of disturbing the status quo.
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 20:50 - May 16 with 2963 viewsSuddenLad

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 20:09 - May 16 by Swissdale

Can't believe this is even a quandary for some people. Since when did everyone become so arsed about the Spanish league? It's the FA cup final for gods sake!

Goes to show how crap the FA are that genuine football fans aren't that bothered about their premium cup competition. Would really love to see the winner of the FA Cup get a champions league spot - that would spice it up a bit. They'll never do it though, for fear of disturbing the status quo.

Watching the FA Cup final has never been the same since they stopped 'all day coverage' of the event on both main channels, starting from about 11.am. It was a national event eagerly anticipated by millions of families up and down the country.

It usually had teams from competing towns taking part in "It's a Knockout FA Cup special", players from both teams competing at special editions of Question of Sport and Superstars and even 'tug-o-war' on more than occasion.

It used to be a family day when everyone got together to watch, having bought the match programme from Finnerty's newsagents at the end of the Walk in the town centre.

Helicopters would follow both team coaches from their hotels to the stadium, TV cameras were on each coach to record the events along Wembley Way and everyone was glued to the goggle-box for the community singing event from 2.30 pm accompanied by the massed Guards Band, culminating in 'Abide with Me' at 2.50.

As it is, tomorrows' coverage begins at 2.45 pm for a 5 o'clock kick-off and I'll guarantee there will be at least one commercial break every 15 minutes before we see a ball kicked. Pretty crap by comparison.

Not everything about sports coverage is better than it used to be.

As for foreign games - why ?
[Post edited 16 May 2014 20:53]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 20:50 - May 16 with 2963 viewspioneer

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 20:09 - May 16 by Swissdale

Yes that really would change the priorities of Premier league clubs.

Lets not forget - we wouldn't be faced with the quandry of which game to watch if the FA hadn't switched the kick off time to 5pm adding further nails to the coffin of one of the country's most loved competitions and trophies.

Ill be watching the FA Cup final - adopted yorkshireman for one day only.
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 20:55 - May 16 with 2944 viewsdownunder

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 20:50 - May 16 by SuddenLad

Watching the FA Cup final has never been the same since they stopped 'all day coverage' of the event on both main channels, starting from about 11.am. It was a national event eagerly anticipated by millions of families up and down the country.

It usually had teams from competing towns taking part in "It's a Knockout FA Cup special", players from both teams competing at special editions of Question of Sport and Superstars and even 'tug-o-war' on more than occasion.

It used to be a family day when everyone got together to watch, having bought the match programme from Finnerty's newsagents at the end of the Walk in the town centre.

Helicopters would follow both team coaches from their hotels to the stadium, TV cameras were on each coach to record the events along Wembley Way and everyone was glued to the goggle-box for the community singing event from 2.30 pm accompanied by the massed Guards Band, culminating in 'Abide with Me' at 2.50.

As it is, tomorrows' coverage begins at 2.45 pm for a 5 o'clock kick-off and I'll guarantee there will be at least one commercial break every 15 minutes before we see a ball kicked. Pretty crap by comparison.

and we had real Hovis for tea!
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 23:18 - May 16 with 2831 viewsD_Alien

FA cup final, but I'm not exactly enthralled by the prospect.

Let's face it, how many of us would pay to watch Arsenal v Hull, or tune in for their premiership fixture?

The only interest for me will be watching Wenger squirm if Hull make a real game of it - the semi-final against Wigan was worth watching for that alone. I suspect Arsenal will be 2-0 up not long into the second half, in which case we can all fall asleep.

[Post edited 16 May 2014 23:20]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 00:30 - May 17 with 2780 viewsdingdangblue

Watching the F.A.Cup and hoping ITV do a goal of the season - Hendo's gotta be in with a shout.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 13:02 - May 17 with 2627 viewsdebbiesfella

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 20:55 - May 16 by downunder

and we had real Hovis for tea!

We had Turog!
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 13:52 - May 17 with 2595 viewsolympicdale

FA Cup final for me, followed by Bayern v Dortmund, but I will be cheering on Athletico!

Life is a game of fate.

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 16:32 - May 17 with 2521 viewsTVOS1907

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 20:50 - May 16 by SuddenLad

Perhaps they'll wheel Stuart Hall out for 'It's a Knockout'.

Then again....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 16:37 - May 17 with 2512 viewsSuddenLad

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 16:32 - May 17 by TVOS1907

Perhaps they'll wheel Stuart Hall out for 'It's a Knockout'.

Then again....

He should be available this time next year. 😢

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 16:55 - May 17 with 2480 viewsDomDale

Just watching this makes me think I'd love for us to get to Wembley again.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 17:10 - May 17 with 2452 viewsTVOS1907

Well, what a start to t'cup final.

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 17:13 - May 17 with 2446 viewsmacro

Arsenal pre planning there parade might have upset the Fgs
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 17:15 - May 17 with 2445 viewsmacro

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 17:13 - May 17 by macro

Arsenal pre planning there parade might have upset the Fgs

Doubly upset them!

Piers Morgan will be very upset
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 17:18 - May 17 with 2440 viewsTVOS1907

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 17:15 - May 17 by macro

Doubly upset them!

Piers Morgan will be very upset

1-2 now

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 17:18 - May 17 with 2439 viewsmacro

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 17:18 - May 17 by TVOS1907

1-2 now

What a game!
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 17:32 - May 17 with 2421 viewsDaleaholic

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 16:55 - May 17 by DomDale

Just watching this makes me think I'd love for us to get to Wembley again.

In a cup final, yes. Play offs? Never.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 17:45 - May 17 with 2395 viewsmeeee

Im glad I decided to watch the fa cup. What a final so far
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 18:09 - May 17 with 2355 viewsDaley_Lama

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 17:32 - May 17 by Daleaholic

In a cup final, yes. Play offs? Never.

Would you take a ticket for Dale v Whoever in the 2014/2015 League 1 Playoff final right now?

Poll: DF in or out

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 18:13 - May 17 with 2351 viewsDomDale

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 18:09 - May 17 by Daley_Lama

Would you take a ticket for Dale v Whoever in the 2014/2015 League 1 Playoff final right now?

Yes.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 19:24 - May 17 with 2273 viewsmacro

Piers goes mad
Fa cup final or La Liga title decider? on 20:04 - May 17 with 2226 viewsnordenblue

When did wearing odd boots on each foot become cool?Counted about 4 Arsenal players with 1 red and 1 blue boot on,you'd have been laughed out of school for a trick like that in my day!
[Post edited 17 May 2014 20:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024