Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lund signs for Burton 15:03 - May 19 with 9444 viewssykeboy

No surprise
Lund signs for Burton on 15:09 - May 19 with 7888 viewsDaley_Lama

Farewell and good luck Matty, hope the step up to Championship level is successful and leads to further involvement at International level.

Poll: DF in or out

Lund signs for Burton on 15:14 - May 19 with 7857 viewsfitzochris

Giveth happiness with one hand and taketh away wi' t'other.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 15:18]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lund signs for Burton on 15:16 - May 19 with 7818 viewsdingdangblue

Good luck to him - decent club and the best training facilities around.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lund signs for Burton on 15:25 - May 19 with 7755 viewsD_Alien

Thanks for your contribution to Dale's success Matty, and best wishes for the future (except when you're playing against us)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lund signs for Burton on 15:26 - May 19 with 7740 viewsbazingadale

JUDAS
Lund signs for Burton on 15:32 - May 19 with 7691 viewsShun

Good luck Matty! Definitely capable of playing in The Championship. Well, two thirds of the season at least!
Lund signs for Burton on 15:38 - May 19 with 7622 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

Lund signs for Burton on 15:26 - May 19 by bazingadale

JUDAS

I agree
Lund signs for Burton on 15:40 - May 19 with 7605 viewsbazingadale

Lund signs for Burton on 15:38 - May 19 by PaulHeymanGuy

I agree

Thanks PHG
Login to get fewer ads

Lund signs for Burton on 15:41 - May 19 with 7600 viewsChaffRAFC

Said it before but for me, he'll go down as one of the best midfielders we've ever had. He's great in the tackle, very good passer of the ball and is a goalscoring midfielder. He's suffered with injuries as we know but he's been brilliant for us. Wish him all the very best in the Championship with Burton.

What I will say is that we're very lucky to be so well stocked in midfield that his departure won't hinder us as much as losing a player of his quality should do. We've got Keane, Camps, Allen, Rathbone, Cannon and even young Morley. All pushing for first team places meaning Lund doesn't need replacing. That money can go on signing a very good, big, strong centre half to play next to and help Harrison McGahey become the centre half we all hope he can be.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Lund signs for Burton on 15:43 - May 19 with 7591 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

Lund signs for Burton on 15:40 - May 19 by bazingadale

Thanks PHG

You're welcome. You post a lot of sense on here
Lund signs for Burton on 15:50 - May 19 with 7541 viewsSandyDrum

Lund signs for Burton on 15:43 - May 19 by PaulHeymanGuy

You're welcome. You post a lot of sense on here

It's almost as if.......you're the same person!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Lund signs for Burton on 16:05 - May 19 with 7438 viewsParkinsGimp

Amazed hes gone to that level, he really isnt that good boys!!
But good luck to the fella wish him all the best, how can you dog someone for wanting more money ( in a short career) and moving up a grade.
Lund signs for Burton on 16:10 - May 19 with 7415 viewsKnowlesy

A good player that misses chunks of the season and concedes too many fouls.

We're in a rare position where losing one of our better players simply gives others coming through a chance to go one better. I reckon our current crop of midfielders are more than capable of pushing on this season without Lund.

Cheers for the good work, Matty.
Lund signs for Burton on 16:12 - May 19 with 7396 viewsfitzochris

I still think we'll bring in another midfielder.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lund signs for Burton on 16:15 - May 19 with 7373 viewsShun

Lund signs for Burton on 15:41 - May 19 by ChaffRAFC

Said it before but for me, he'll go down as one of the best midfielders we've ever had. He's great in the tackle, very good passer of the ball and is a goalscoring midfielder. He's suffered with injuries as we know but he's been brilliant for us. Wish him all the very best in the Championship with Burton.

What I will say is that we're very lucky to be so well stocked in midfield that his departure won't hinder us as much as losing a player of his quality should do. We've got Keane, Camps, Allen, Rathbone, Cannon and even young Morley. All pushing for first team places meaning Lund doesn't need replacing. That money can go on signing a very good, big, strong centre half to play next to and help Harrison McGahey become the centre half we all hope he can be.

I agree with every word of that Chaff. He's definitely one of the best midfielders we've ever had in my eyes. I wouldn't look to replace him though due to all the other excellent options we have in midfield. If we do replace him it could hinder Morley's development.
Lund signs for Burton on 16:25 - May 19 with 7286 viewsSuddenLad

His leaving was predicted and I daresay his salary has increased immensely, but I have to say he is worthy of a better club than Burton. They struggled last season and only just escaped the drop. Given his injury and disciplinary record, his loss will be minimised by those other players that we already have. He's been a good player for us, but missed too many games to be dependable.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lund signs for Burton on 16:46 - May 19 with 7196 viewsDaleFan7

Our poor run of form after Christmas coincided with his injury, it was evident teams were just running through our midfield because we didn't have the physicality to stop them. He provided that massively as well as going forward.

If we are starting to play Keane permanently in a CDM role it might negate that.

He was our best CM imo and I'm a massive fan of Allen. But good luck to him he deserves to play at a higher level, just hope the injuries don't plague him.
Lund signs for Burton on 16:55 - May 19 with 7147 viewsYorkshire_Dale

We all knew this that ML was on his bike.....good luck to him. Just hope he's not a "bit-part" player for them and that he might just find his way back to San Spotty some day.
Lund signs for Burton on 17:16 - May 19 with 7052 viewsBrierls

Good luck to the lad. He's been great for us, one of the best all-round midfielders we've seen in a Dale shirt. An absolute master of the slide tackle and weighed in with more than his fair share of goals.

When JK left there was a bit of a panic on how we were going to replace him. Step forward, Matty Lund. Now Matty Lund is leaving, step forward...
Lund signs for Burton on 17:25 - May 19 with 7019 viewsDaleView

What surprises me is his choice of club. Burton have no pedigree. Their gates are the lowest in the Championship and unless they happen to have a rich uncle financing them, I would predict that within 3 or 4 years they will be experiencing financial problems, trying to avoid administration etc. etc. as well as relegation. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Lund signs for Burton on 17:36 - May 19 with 6947 viewsDaleiLama

Good luck Matt. Thanks for all you did for us! You'll be missed.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Lund signs for Burton on 17:40 - May 19 with 6918 viewsboromat

Lund signs for Burton on 17:25 - May 19 by DaleView

What surprises me is his choice of club. Burton have no pedigree. Their gates are the lowest in the Championship and unless they happen to have a rich uncle financing them, I would predict that within 3 or 4 years they will be experiencing financial problems, trying to avoid administration etc. etc. as well as relegation. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I should imagine it's one of the few clubs in the championship that he's got a good chance of playing regularly.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Lund signs for Burton on 18:48 - May 19 with 6684 viewskirbys

Been a real pleasure to watch Matty - he never let us down always giving his best.
Best of luck in your new club and thanks.
Lund signs for Burton on 21:26 - May 19 with 6306 viewsTVOS1907

Lund signs for Burton on 17:25 - May 19 by DaleView

On the contrary, I believe they are an extremely well-run club, with an excellent Chairman, access to superb training facilities and an apparently seamless transition from one promising young manager to the next.

They are always likely to struggle in the Championship, but I feel they are far better equipped and a lot more sensible and well-run than some of the other small clubs that have reached that level.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Lund signs for Burton on 22:12 - May 19 with 6203 viewsSussexdale

Disappointed at his choice of club. He was always leaving, but he has gone to a club who will struggle once again. I genuinely wish him well, but he jumped too soon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024