Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
taking a knee for Joe 21:04 - Oct 14 with 1689 viewskiwidale

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41623019

equality for Rafferty

This is not the time for bickering.

taking a knee for Joe on 21:26 - Oct 14 with 1630 viewsD_Alien

Joe got half a game today, that's pretty equal!

Nice of those guys to skip straight from the 18th to the 21st century on all our behalves, if only their more recent forebears could've done the same...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

taking a knee for Joe on 21:46 - Oct 14 with 1583 viewsKenBoon

I find this cringe-worthy. His original protest has lost all its original meaning and it's now just "grrr trump is bad, let us show everyone we think he's bad" for all. Considering the rise of the AfD, Germany has its own problems. Hashtags and empty gestures like this won't do anything. This is just bringing politics to Football grounds. Anyone who is okay with this and other things like "refugees welcome" banners, should equally be ok with whatever horrible - but legal - shite the AfD can come up with. There's not many PoC in that Hertha starting 11, bench or coaching staff either.
taking a knee for Joe on 21:50 - Oct 14 with 1569 viewskiwidale

taking a knee for Joe on 21:26 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

Joe got half a game today, that's pretty equal!

Nice of those guys to skip straight from the 18th to the 21st century on all our behalves, if only their more recent forebears could've done the same...

I find it hard to believe that all hertha berlin players and staff took a knee without some kind of coersion? not one of them thought this is just silly i'm just here to play a game of football hows this going to fix the world or I dont care I'm not doing it.

taking a knee for Joe on 21:52 - Oct 14 with 1564 viewskiwidale

taking a knee for Joe on 21:46 - Oct 14 by KenBoon

I find this cringe-worthy. His original protest has lost all its original meaning and it's now just "grrr trump is bad, let us show everyone we think he's bad" for all. Considering the rise of the AfD, Germany has its own problems. Hashtags and empty gestures like this won't do anything. This is just bringing politics to Football grounds. Anyone who is okay with this and other things like "refugees welcome" banners, should equally be ok with whatever horrible - but legal - shite the AfD can come up with. There's not many PoC in that Hertha starting 11, bench or coaching staff either.

agreed it cringe worthy

taking a knee for Joe on 23:09 - Oct 14 with 1468 viewsShun

They did a better job at bending the knee than Jon Snow.
taking a knee for Joe on 08:08 - Oct 15 with 1308 viewsroccydaleian

taking a knee for Joe on 21:46 - Oct 14 by KenBoon

Can't really argue against any of that.
taking a knee for Joe on 10:49 - Oct 15 with 1198 viewsD_Alien

taking a knee for Joe on 21:50 - Oct 14 by kiwidale

I find it hard to believe that all hertha berlin players and staff took a knee without some kind of coersion? not one of them thought this is just silly i'm just here to play a game of football hows this going to fix the world or I dont care I'm not doing it.

Woe betide anyone who dissents from the massed ranks of virtue signallers

Huge tongue-in-cheekness in "nice of those guys... on all our behalves" btw

[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 11:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

taking a knee for Joe on 12:37 - Oct 15 with 1102 viewsBartRowou

Same with minute's silences which have grown at an exponential rate and are presumably decided by some bigwig at the FA. Plus they always look ridiculous when the mascot joins in...

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/photos/179568/when-football-mascots-observe-the-m

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024