Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Credit to Slough 23:06 - Dec 4 with 4270 viewsRAFCBLUE

I'm sure I'll be the first of many tonight to say credit to Slough as a football club.

Really enjoyed my trip there. Free parking behind the away end, people from the club were friendly and there was absolutely no doubt they wanted to enjoy their evening.

In the end the difference between the clubs showed an the score was comprehensive, but football as it should be.

I hope they continue to do well.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Credit to Slough on 23:23 - Dec 4 with 4211 viewswijit99

Thank you for the kind words.

Personally felt 4-0 wasn't a fair reflection of the game but there was no doubt you deserved the victory. It was a shame we couldn't get our goal but it just wasn't to be.

As others have said on another thread the second goal was key and it put Rochdale firmly in the driving seat.

Have to say though we were quite disappointed by how quiet your fans were. Understandable it is a horrible long journey but you should have been behind your team more.

A I said before you deserved to win the match and I wish you all the best in the next round and hopefully you can pull clear of those relegation places.

P.s. Thank you for indulging us on our big night out on the télé.
Credit to Slough on 23:44 - Dec 4 with 4158 viewsRebel73

Slough fan here, just wanted to say congratulations to Rochdale and wish you well. Always nice to play a club that we haven't faced before and to make new footballing friends. Hope you enjoyed our hospitality and had a safe journey home.
Credit to Slough on 00:08 - Dec 5 with 4097 viewsrich_dale

Was impressed with your managers and the lad who was interviewed before the game who's going to the Ashes! Decent club and wish you all the best. Will look for your results now.
Credit to Slough on 00:24 - Dec 5 with 4067 viewsSandyDrum

Absolutely credit where credit is due, Slough played very well today. Very disciplined and organised.

I think if the game was played on a Saturday afternoon and not on the TV the scoreline would have been a little less one sided, obviously the cameras got to the Slough players for the first 35 mins and allowed us to.control the game.

After 35 mins, they really came into the game and really looked like scoring! All the best for the future Rebels, will keep an eye out for your results

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Credit to Slough on 02:02 - Dec 5 with 3991 viewspioneer

Credit to Slough on 00:08 - Dec 5 by rich_dale

Was impressed with your managers and the lad who was interviewed before the game who's going to the Ashes! Decent club and wish you all the best. Will look for your results now.

Can he bat...we need someone who can.
Credit to Slough on 17:15 - Dec 5 with 3237 viewsGHPhotography

Thanks for the kind comments.

I was there taking photos for Slough, and would like to share them with you, as they are from a Rochdale defensive point of view, and a head on view of your goals.

There's some behind the scene photos in the album as well

Best of luck in the next round.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/horshamrebel/albums/72157690556324615
Credit to Slough on 18:02 - Dec 5 with 3156 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Credit to Slough on 17:15 - Dec 5 by GHPhotography

I was there taking photos for Slough, and would like to share them with you, as they are from a Rochdale defensive point of view, and a head on view of your goals.

Great stuff Gaz....... the galleries really give us lot who missed it, a true insight into what was obviously a great night for both Clubs.

Arbour Park looks like a place with plenty of future potential......we will watch on with interest

Good Luck!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 16:43]
Credit to Slough on 18:12 - Dec 5 with 3136 viewsfermin

Two close-ups of me in there, I see!

Overall, while it was clear we were the better side I thought you did well given the difference in league places. I was disappointed we didn't show enough of the difference in quality we should have in our movement etc, which it looked like we might from the first goal, and too often seemed to boot the ball upfield. It did not give me much optimism for the league campaign ahead to be honest, but the result was the main thing.

It was almost impossible to work out what was going on at the far end, but my main impression on the day and from the brief highlights I have seen was that you seemed to be good at putting dangerous balls into the box, such as the diving header in the first half and at least a couple of close shaves in the second half. You were certainly a lot better than Bromley, who gave us acres of space and should have lost by 10 if we had been able to finish.

Should also add that it is good to see you back in Slough after many years of wandering. Never good to see clubs forced to relocate out of their local area.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 18:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Credit to Slough on 16:38 - Dec 6 with 2764 viewsMark44stfc

Credit to Slough on 18:12 - Dec 5 by fermin

Two close-ups of me in there, I see!

Overall, while it was clear we were the better side I thought you did well given the difference in league places. I was disappointed we didn't show enough of the difference in quality we should have in our movement etc, which it looked like we might from the first goal, and too often seemed to boot the ball upfield. It did not give me much optimism for the league campaign ahead to be honest, but the result was the main thing.

It was almost impossible to work out what was going on at the far end, but my main impression on the day and from the brief highlights I have seen was that you seemed to be good at putting dangerous balls into the box, such as the diving header in the first half and at least a couple of close shaves in the second half. You were certainly a lot better than Bromley, who gave us acres of space and should have lost by 10 if we had been able to finish.

Should also add that it is good to see you back in Slough after many years of wandering. Never good to see clubs forced to relocate out of their local area.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 18:15]

Thanks for the kind words.....it really is great to be home after 13 years of playing outside of the town and you can really feel the buz we have at the moment.....

Great that we played better than Bromley who are two leagues higher than us......I must say I was so impressed with the attitude of Rochdale, didn't come with a big ego attitude and as a result put in a thoroughly professional performance......Calvin Andrew was particularly impressive with his physical presence......Also great that your corner taker had some good (Ed Sheeran based) banter (god did i just use that word) with some of our fans.....All good natured and what you want to see

I for one am very proud of our team and the club as a whole. I know we had many volunteers who were at the ground at 09:00 just to organise and make sure the game went ahead and it was a great occassion......
Credit to Slough on 18:33 - Dec 6 with 2634 viewsdogboy

Excellent set of Photos really captured the atmosphere and the magic of the FAC which is sadly overlooked keep up the great work l
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024