Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Camps to leave? 09:24 - Jan 8 with 15664 viewsupthedale12

Heard from a fairly reliable source Camps is on his way & O'Grady is to return. Can't say I'm pleased about Camps if this does come true, however O'Grady returning might help, it's been a long time since he was last here though, so do people think he would be up to it these days?
Camps to leave? on 09:30 - Jan 8 with 7334 viewsdale4ever

Heard the same this morning, our midfield is already a lot weaker this season, losing Camps would be a blow! Always loved O'Grady last time he was here but like you've said that was a long time ago. Camps didn't appear even on the bench on Saturday so there could be some truth in this.
Camps to leave? on 09:46 - Jan 8 with 7287 viewsRAFCBLUE

Always on the cards in this transfer window. I think I posted somewhere last week that his agent has been very active.

Callum has watched Lund and Allen achieve more lucrative packages in the Championship and signed a new deal here with the knowledge that the right bid would get him a move up the pyramid.

When he goes, it's another blow to the relegation battle since the midfield area is already light this season. We need to sign a replacement player in the midfield.

O'Grady would be interesting - I'm not sure what his running is like but he definitely has the right footballing brain. Better than Davies? If he can play every game of the next 21 then almost certainly.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Camps to leave? on 09:49 - Jan 8 with 7271 viewsAtThePeake

With Davies & Andrew already in the squad a target man is not what we need.

Tangled up in blue.

Camps to leave? on 10:03 - Jan 8 with 7221 viewsDaleiLama

There were reports of him having a debilitating illness at the start of the season, and the hope was he'd return to last season's form given time. Joe Bunney appears to be close to that now, but Callum doesn't seem the same player to me (despite his recent motm award, which I can't say I agreed with). I really like him as a player, and his free kick abilties, long range shots and the goals he contributes are not to be sniffed at. That being said, I can't help the feeling that his contribution is still lacking something this year for whatever reason. I was rather hoping that that factor might put potential suitors off. If it deson't it will be a great pity, but there was always a certain inevitability about his exit eventually. It will certainly leave our weakest link (midfield) even weaker as a result.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2018 10:06]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Camps to leave? on 11:07 - Jan 8 with 7042 viewsRAFCBLUE

Camps to leave? on 10:03 - Jan 8 by DaleiLama

There were reports of him having a debilitating illness at the start of the season, and the hope was he'd return to last season's form given time. Joe Bunney appears to be close to that now, but Callum doesn't seem the same player to me (despite his recent motm award, which I can't say I agreed with). I really like him as a player, and his free kick abilties, long range shots and the goals he contributes are not to be sniffed at. That being said, I can't help the feeling that his contribution is still lacking something this year for whatever reason. I was rather hoping that that factor might put potential suitors off. If it deson't it will be a great pity, but there was always a certain inevitability about his exit eventually. It will certainly leave our weakest link (midfield) even weaker as a result.

It all depends on what the contract signed in Summer 2017 said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40432439

We know he is contracted to June 2020. I'd be amazed if there was not a trigger clause in his contract that allows him to talk to other clubs if a certain valuation is met.

He will leave before that though since he is available on a Bosman free from January 2020.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Camps to leave? on 11:08 - Jan 8 with 7027 viewsdingdangblue

Camps to leave? on 09:49 - Jan 8 by AtThePeake

With Davies & Andrew already in the squad a target man is not what we need.

I'm sorry but we can't rely on Davies to stay fit so I'd count him out of any squad reckoning - O'Grady was much much more than a target man - even if he is half the player he was last time he's a better option than Davies at the minute.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Camps to leave? on 11:22 - Jan 8 with 6990 viewsDaleiLama

Camps to leave? on 11:07 - Jan 8 by RAFCBLUE

It all depends on what the contract signed in Summer 2017 said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40432439

We know he is contracted to June 2020. I'd be amazed if there was not a trigger clause in his contract that allows him to talk to other clubs if a certain valuation is met.

He will leave before that though since he is available on a Bosman free from January 2020.

"I'd be amazed if there was not a trigger clause in his contract that allows him to talk to other clubs if a certain valuation is met. "

Ditto. I think that's why Jamie left too but correct me if I haven't remembered the details correctly. In today's world, there'll always be somone willing to offer that crazy valuation and those crazy wages.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Camps to leave? on 11:31 - Jan 8 with 6939 viewsD_Alien

And that's exactly how I see his season thus far too

If his head is elsewhere - and that could be the simplest explanation for what you describe - then our midfield won't be weakened but possibly strengthened if he goes, providing we can sign someone; preferably with experience to help bring through the next generation such as Adshead & Morley

Perkins would be ideal

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Camps to leave? on 11:52 - Jan 8 with 6856 viewsHopwoodblue

I wonder what Keith thinks about Camps possibly going ?
Financially yes we will be better off(so will he probably) but
with relagation a real possibility is it false economy with the money we would lose in div 2 ?
It’s very important we re invest as much as we can in revamping the squad for the second half of what’s turning out to be a pivotal season. Think we would find it hard to bounce back from div 2

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Camps to leave? on 12:03 - Jan 8 with 6796 viewsRAFCBLUE

Camps to leave? on 11:22 - Jan 8 by DaleiLama

"I'd be amazed if there was not a trigger clause in his contract that allows him to talk to other clubs if a certain valuation is met. "

Ditto. I think that's why Jamie left too but correct me if I haven't remembered the details correctly. In today's world, there'll always be somone willing to offer that crazy valuation and those crazy wages.

We don't know with Jamie Allen as the financial details were undisclosed and won't come out until the clubs next AGM when someone will inevitably ask the question.

We do know that Hill at the time said:

"Once Burton came back and agreed to our terms then I thought it was common sense to accept the deal. I’m true to my word - I promised Jamie, his representatives and Burton that if they were to match the fee then we would all be happy. So, we’ve stood firm and we’ve delivered financially and also to the player as well."

We'll be standing firm again no doubt and asking for our price, but Camps will have a price.

I covered valuation on another thread in the past weeks. When an average Premier League club takes £100m in TV money at League 1 or League 2 level should be able to take £1m to £2m per season by developing assets and selling them and with then a sell on in case the player continues to progress.

The issue for a club like us is having the permanent, not loan, replacement lined up.

Who would you sign if you were Keith Hill for our midfield?

Camps to leave? on 12:18 - Jan 8 with 6720 viewsrochdaleriddler

Camps to leave? on 12:03 - Jan 8 by RAFCBLUE

We don't know with Jamie Allen as the financial details were undisclosed and won't come out until the clubs next AGM when someone will inevitably ask the question.

"Once Burton came back and agreed to our terms then I thought it was common sense to accept the deal. I’m true to my word - I promised Jamie, his representatives and Burton that if they were to match the fee then we would all be happy. So, we’ve stood firm and we’ve delivered financially and also to the player as well."

We'll be standing firm again no doubt and asking for our price, but Camps will have a price.

I covered valuation on another thread in the past weeks. When an average Premier League club takes £100m in TV money at League 1 or League 2 level should be able to take £1m to £2m per season by developing assets and selling them and with then a sell on in case the player continues to progress.

The issue for a club like us is having the permanent, not loan, replacement lined up.

Someone doing well in league two, or not catching at a bigger club, maybe already been out on loan before Xmas

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Camps to leave? on 12:24 - Jan 8 with 6683 viewsrochdaleriddler

Camps to leave? on 11:31 - Jan 8 by D_Alien

And that's exactly how I see his season thus far too

If his head is elsewhere - and that could be the simplest explanation for what you describe - then our midfield won't be weakened but possibly strengthened if he goes, providing we can sign someone; preferably with experience to help bring through the next generation such as Adshead & Morley

Perkins would be ideal

He is nearly 36, it's 10 years since he's been here. I think we need someone younger, he last scored years ago. I get that we may just get him on loan though

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Camps to leave? on 12:48 - Jan 8 with 6541 viewsdingdangblue

Camps to leave? on 12:03 - Jan 8 by RAFCBLUE

Anthony Pilkington is available from Cardiff - rumoured to be looking for a move due to lack of game time - and more importantly - he played for Stockport against us at Wembley so that's one of Keith's boxes ticked! Seriously he's probably way out of our wage limit. Would be a great replacement for Camps though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Camps to leave? on 13:01 - Jan 8 with 6474 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Much like with Jamie, I think its perhaps the right time for Callum to leave, with both it just looked like their heart wasn't/isn't quite in it.

Also if we go down a £500K player becomes a £300K player and I doubt CC wants to play in L2.

We have talent in the squad, but need a couple of men with the gumption to see games out, so COG and Perkins (or similar type players) might be a decent short term option ala Redfearn and Jobson when Parkin came back.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Camps to leave? on 13:08 - Jan 8 with 6425 viewselectricblue

Camps to leave? on 11:22 - Jan 8 by DaleiLama

Im sure at the time of Allens departure that the figure was in excess of £300k plus the ususal..

As regards to OGrady at 36yrs does that go against hills over 30 policy !

Anthony Pilkington how old is he ! Now he might be worth a punt on loan if he is fit but Dale need 2 bolster the midfield if camps leaves and a striker who can hold up the ball similar in away to Ogrady....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Camps to leave? on 13:11 - Jan 8 with 6398 viewsupthedale

Camps to leave? on 13:08 - Jan 8 by electricblue

Im sure at the time of Allens departure that the figure was in excess of £300k plus the ususal..

Anthony Pilkington how old is he ! Now he might be worth a punt on loan if he is fit but Dale need 2 bolster the midfield if camps leaves and a striker who can hold up the ball similar in away to Ogrady....

O'Grady isn't that old, I think someone else was referring to Perkins as almost 36.

COG is 32 this month (as per Wiki!)
Camps to leave? on 13:11 - Jan 8 with 6395 viewsjudd

Pilkington is 29.

We are up against Ipswich, Barnsley & Bolton for him though.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2018 13:13]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Camps to leave? on 13:13 - Jan 8 with 6384 viewsDorsetDale

Perkins is 35, COG, 31

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Camps to leave? on 13:15 - Jan 8 with 6367 viewsEllDale

Funny, I was only thinking about Parkin signing Redfearn the other day. He signed Jeff Smith and Greg Heald as well to steady the ship and we stayed up.
Camps to leave? on 13:23 - Jan 8 with 6292 viewsdingdangblue

Camps to leave? on 13:11 - Jan 8 by judd

Pilkington is 29.

We are up against Ipswich, Barnsley & Bolton for him though.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2018 13:13]

Aye - dreaming about Pilkington really - got no chance. Cardiff want Madine too so can see a swap deal of some sort with Bolton.

Camps to leave? on 13:23 - Jan 8 with 6298 viewsBigDaveMyCock

O’Gradys is 46?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Camps to leave? on 13:26 - Jan 8 with 6276 viewsnordenblue

Heard about Camps going weeks ago,i posted something similar at the time on here,not surprised but wouldnt be overly bothered to be honest as long as the price is right and we replace sufficiently
Camps to leave? on 14:18 - Jan 8 with 6082 viewsShun

I'm not sure how I'd feel about this. He's been very poor this season, probably alongside Rathbone the player whose performances have dropped most from last season. He takes quite a good free kick but other than that I think he's been near enough a passenger all season. But I still don't want to lose him because we all know how good he can be - over the summer I would've put him in our top 2 players along with Henderson. Given that he's contracted until 2020 and he is certainly regarded as one of the best midfielders in League One, I'd be disappointed (although not surprised) if the fee wasn't at least approaching £1m.

As for COG, I'd be more intrigued than excited to see him return.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2018 14:20]
Camps to leave? on 14:36 - Jan 8 with 6006 viewsDaleFan7

I wouldn't be too bothered about Camps leaving tbh. I've always maintained, much to the dismay of some others that imo he's one of the most overrated players I've seen in a Rochdale shirt and I don't think he's done anything this season to change my mind, I'd rate Rathbone above him, 3 goals in 25 games and I'd guess no more than that in assists for a supposed creative midfielder isn't a good return. Though we would need someone in to replace him because it's not an area we have depth in after selling Lund and Allen too. It's certainly not a transfer to leave until deadline day like Allen if we can help it.

I'm not sure how I feel about O'Grady, I think when he was here last time he had an amazing partnership with Dagnall and made Dagnall a better player but I think that vice versa applied too. With our top goalscorer spending more time near the half way line than the opposition box and our 2nd top scorer spending more time on the physio table we do need to look at more options going forward though.
Camps to leave? on 15:10 - Jan 8 with 5894 viewsaleanddale

I agree 100%.

first of all he has tons of ability - a belting free kick in his locker and a good football brain. He has a decent engine and no doubt when the flicks and tricks come off he looks a VERY good player.

But

Flatters to deceive to much for my liking and is a bit of a show pony.

why make an incisive 10 yard forward pass when you can try to flick it 45 yards with the outside of your boot?.

Hope we make a few ££ whilst we can - and I do wish Camps all the luck in the world if he does move on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024