Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Complete disregard for fans 15:17 - Jan 20 with 7616 viewsDalenet

Having just travelled for two and a half hours and another £60 in petrol I am furious. Surely they could have announced that a pitch inspection was likely at 10 am when the covers came off. It happens every bloody season.
Complete disregard for fans on 15:17 - Jan 20 with 5529 views442Dale

Maybe email the club, see what they offer as an explanation.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Complete disregard for fans on 15:21 - Jan 20 with 5493 viewsnordenblue

Complete disregard for fans on 15:17 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

Maybe email the club, see what they offer as an explanation.

Cant see how its taken the ref nearly 90mins to call the game off after arriving at 11am,someone at the club would have an idea its unplayable having briefly looked at the "surface" immediately after the covers came off surely
Complete disregard for fans on 15:22 - Jan 20 with 5489 viewsDaleiLama

Whilst you have my sympathy in spades Dalenet, never more truth in the old adage there is always someone worse off than you.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Complete disregard for fans on 15:22 - Jan 20 with 5481 viewsTVOS1907

Complete disregard for fans on 15:21 - Jan 20 by nordenblue

Cant see how its taken the ref nearly 90mins to call the game off after arriving at 11am,someone at the club would have an idea its unplayable having briefly looked at the "surface" immediately after the covers came off surely

... or why the ref wasn't asked to travel down on Friday evening or a local official called in first thing.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Complete disregard for fans on 15:27 - Jan 20 with 5448 views442Dale

Complete disregard for fans on 15:22 - Jan 20 by DaleiLama

Whilst you have my sympathy in spades Dalenet, never more truth in the old adage there is always someone worse off than you.

You really have to hope people at the club are taking a long, hard look at how they could do better.

Complete disregard for fans on 15:32 - Jan 20 with 5405 viewsDaleiLama

Complete disregard for fans on 15:27 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

You really have to hope people at the club are taking a long, hard look at how they could do better.

Twitter output since fixture called off

#headsuparses
#teamrochdale
#we'reallinthistogether

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Complete disregard for fans on 15:32 - Jan 20 with 5405 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Complete disregard for fans on 15:22 - Jan 20 by TVOS1907

... or why the ref wasn't asked to travel down on Friday evening or a local official called in first thing.

Oh come on. That makes complete sense, so it would be an impossibility. Who the hell is in charge of the club anyhow? Mr Dunphy seems conspicuous by his absence, as do the directors, or do they only appear when things are going well?
Complete disregard for fans on 15:34 - Jan 20 with 5385 viewsDale23years

Complete disregard for fans on 15:27 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

Bet the club doesn't give 2 hoops about the fans.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

Complete disregard for fans on 15:38 - Jan 20 with 5346 viewsrochdaleriddler

Complete disregard for fans on 15:32 - Jan 20 by RooleyMoorBlue

Oh come on. That makes complete sense, so it would be an impossibility. Who the hell is in charge of the club anyhow? Mr Dunphy seems conspicuous by his absence, as do the directors, or do they only appear when things are going well?

Dunphy taking a back seat this season I heard

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Complete disregard for fans on 15:38 - Jan 20 with 5351 viewsrobtheb

Complete disregard for fans on 15:32 - Jan 20 by RooleyMoorBlue

Won't be seeing much of them then!
Complete disregard for fans on 15:42 - Jan 20 with 5321 viewselectricblue

Complete disregard for fans on 15:34 - Jan 20 by Dale23years

Bet the club doesn't give 2 hoops about the fans.

Always been that way im affraid and will never change.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Complete disregard for fans on 15:42 - Jan 20 with 5317 viewsmacro

With the ref coming to the ground today the club can only act when he makes his decision. You can argue whether it would have been prudent for a local ref to check yesterday but the club can t put a message out saying it's off until the ref confirms it.
Complete disregard for fans on 15:46 - Jan 20 with 5294 views442Dale

Complete disregard for fans on 15:42 - Jan 20 by macro

With the ref coming to the ground today the club can only act when he makes his decision. You can argue whether it would have been prudent for a local ref to check yesterday but the club can t put a message out saying it's off until the ref confirms it.

No but they could have a clear plan in place around communicating information when a game is possibly in doubt. Looking at the pitch, that was the case as soon as the covers came off.

Complete disregard for fans on 15:49 - Jan 20 with 5265 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Since the chief executive and the groundsman left, the club seems to have taken a nose dive. There is no sense of enthusiasm around the place. Its as though the whole concern is being run by a bunch of Dr`s receptionists, who say well if you don`t like it go somewhere else. Despite being unwell, I have never felt so down about the club in 50 years and I`m getting to the stage where I feel I can`t even be bothered using my season ticket. I hope the feeling goes away, but it will take something more than the clubs reaction to today`s postponement to do it.
Complete disregard for fans on 15:55 - Jan 20 with 5208 viewsThe_Knightowl

Something is seriously wrong I feel , call it intuition, but communication from the Board to the fans (the paying customer) is sadly lacking and poor business.
I see parallels more and more ...... and this time it is with Tesco. Tesco had an issue with a poor product namely rancid turkeys, just this Xmas.. There was some backlash but very quickly it all died down...forgotten. Yesterdays news .
Recently they have had an issue with their Clubcard once again well publicised and such was the anger vented they backed down temporarily (till its yesterdays news ).
The parallel with The Dale is that on each of these occasions Tesco's CEO and UK Managing Director never said a public word , never issued an apology neither of them, no explanations, no apparent concern.
I feel that those that sit around the desk (they may well be the best for Dales longevity ) have forgotten the ingrained history.
The football is a product ....the what's happening enhances the product but in the Dale's case TEAM ROCHDALE is the REAL product.............have they lost sight of this? What do I know just my observations and feelings. (Don't crucify me please :) )
Complete disregard for fans on 16:03 - Jan 20 with 5144 views442Dale

A mention for Southend fans and their media team:

Complete disregard for fans on 16:06 - Jan 20 with 5111 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Complete disregard for fans on 15:38 - Jan 20 by rochdaleriddler

Dunphy taking a back seat this season I heard

So........who is running the show,anyone?
Complete disregard for fans on 16:14 - Jan 20 with 5038 viewssince58

Complete disregard for fans on 16:06 - Jan 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

So........who is running the show,anyone?

Fred Karno.?
Complete disregard for fans on 16:52 - Jan 20 with 4871 viewsDaleFan7

Whatever the club say, they don't care about the fans unless they need something from them. Like their money come season ticket time when they spout their usual 'Team Rochdale' and 'Winners together' b*llocks.
Complete disregard for fans on 17:09 - Jan 20 with 4722 viewssince58

Complete disregard for fans on 15:55 - Jan 20 by The_Knightowl

Something is seriously wrong I feel , call it intuition, but communication from the Board to the fans (the paying customer) is sadly lacking and poor business.
I see parallels more and more ...... and this time it is with Tesco. Tesco had an issue with a poor product namely rancid turkeys, just this Xmas.. There was some backlash but very quickly it all died down...forgotten. Yesterdays news .
Recently they have had an issue with their Clubcard once again well publicised and such was the anger vented they backed down temporarily (till its yesterdays news ).
The parallel with The Dale is that on each of these occasions Tesco's CEO and UK Managing Director never said a public word , never issued an apology neither of them, no explanations, no apparent concern.
I feel that those that sit around the desk (they may well be the best for Dales longevity ) have forgotten the ingrained history.
The football is a product ....the what's happening enhances the product but in the Dale's case TEAM ROCHDALE is the REAL product.............have they lost sight of this? What do I know just my observations and feelings. (Don't crucify me please :) )

Just wondering how many of these directors will still be around
at the end of the season. like you say something is seriously wrong.
Complete disregard for fans on 17:11 - Jan 20 with 4694 viewsdingdangblue

Imagine the poor fans who spent the morning clearing snow, ice and water off the covers only to uncover that shitpile underneath! Embarrassing for the club all round.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Complete disregard for fans on 17:22 - Jan 20 with 4630 viewsrochdaleriddler

Complete disregard for fans on 17:11 - Jan 20 by dingdangblue

Imagine the poor fans who spent the morning clearing snow, ice and water off the covers only to uncover that shitpile underneath! Embarrassing for the club all round.

Steaming ! The shitpile that is

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Complete disregard for fans on 20:46 - Jan 20 with 4303 viewskiwidale

Complete disregard for fans on 15:49 - Jan 20 by RooleyMoorBlue

Since the chief executive and the groundsman left, the club seems to have taken a nose dive. There is no sense of enthusiasm around the place. Its as though the whole concern is being run by a bunch of Dr`s receptionists, who say well if you don`t like it go somewhere else. Despite being unwell, I have never felt so down about the club in 50 years and I`m getting to the stage where I feel I can`t even be bothered using my season ticket. I hope the feeling goes away, but it will take something more than the clubs reaction to today`s postponement to do it.

Its not always wise to post when feeling like I do sleep on it would be good advise but like you I'm getting angry and wanting answers. What has happened to our club to cause this mess? things have never been perfect but we seemed to be heading in the right direction. I can point to two things that in my mind be reasons First Andy Kelly leaving and two Colin Garlick leaving. Might just be a coincidence but both were surprising and seemed strange at the time. AK was replaced by a directors who told the fans to F off CG was replaced by Russ Green its been downhill ever since. Garlick leaving was probably a carrear move Im certain his wages got a considerable boast but why would AK leave when every thing looked so rosy? I saw Kelly as a future chairman it was inexplicable that he would just leave mid season, has anybody got the answers?

This is not the time for bickering.

Complete disregard for fans on 22:40 - Jan 20 with 4048 viewsmacro

Complete disregard for fans on 15:46 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

No but they could have a clear plan in place around communicating information when a game is possibly in doubt. Looking at the pitch, that was the case as soon as the covers came off.

I can only assume that they waited for the referee. It wouldn't have taken a rocket scientist though to work out the game was going to be off.

I come back to the same point - check late Friday, with the forecast the pitch wasn't going to dry out.
Complete disregard for fans on 00:22 - Jan 21 with 3889 viewsTVOS1907

Complete disregard for fans on 20:46 - Jan 20 by kiwidale

Its not always wise to post when feeling like I do sleep on it would be good advise but like you I'm getting angry and wanting answers. What has happened to our club to cause this mess? things have never been perfect but we seemed to be heading in the right direction. I can point to two things that in my mind be reasons First Andy Kelly leaving and two Colin Garlick leaving. Might just be a coincidence but both were surprising and seemed strange at the time. AK was replaced by a directors who told the fans to F off CG was replaced by Russ Green its been downhill ever since. Garlick leaving was probably a carrear move Im certain his wages got a considerable boast but why would AK leave when every thing looked so rosy? I saw Kelly as a future chairman it was inexplicable that he would just leave mid season, has anybody got the answers?

Andrew Kelly wasn’t replaced by the director mentioned.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024