Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale / Tottenham Links 21:35 - Feb 12 with 4143 viewsmikehunt

Have Dale and Spurs had any kind of link in the past? i.e. any players who have played for both clubs and the like.
I seem to remember they loaned us a goalkeeper in the dim and distant past. Or am I dreaming?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:37 - Feb 12 with 4128 viewsClivert

Was it Kevin Dearden?? Early 90s I reckon.
Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:38 - Feb 12 with 4121 viewsDaleiLama

Mike Harding sang about spurs not fitting right or summat?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 21:40]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:42 - Feb 12 with 4095 viewsKnowlesy

Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:38 - Feb 12 by DaleiLama

Mike Harding sang about spurs not fitting right or summat?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 21:40]

It was David Button on loan from spurs ages ago now. Don't think he ever played for us but has gone on to have a decent career.

Didn't Harry Kane make his professional debut against Dale?
Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:45 - Feb 12 with 4076 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Don McAllister played a few games under Vic Halom I seem to remember and as previously mentioned Kevin Deardon was it 1 game on loan?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:47 - Feb 12 with 4067 viewsColDale

We had Andy Turner on loan a few years back
Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:52 - Feb 12 with 4033 viewsTVOS1907

There's quite a few, actually, although some of them were wartime/Lancashire Combination, YTS, etc..

Ted Birnie
Charlie Briggs
David Button
Herbert Chapman
David Colquhoun
Kevin Dearden
James Freeborough
John Hall
Syd Hoad
Archie Hughes
George Hunt
Sam Jennings
Don McAllister
Jimmy McCormick
Matthew Muir
Ciaran Toner
Andy Turner
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 21:55]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale / Tottenham Links on 08:13 - Feb 13 with 3805 viewsjudd

Jimmy Greaves

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dale / Tottenham Links on 08:26 - Feb 13 with 3791 viewsdavidab2202

Dale / Tottenham Links on 08:13 - Feb 13 by judd

Jimmy Greaves

Don't think the estate was named after Jimmy
Login to get fewer ads

Dale / Tottenham Links on 08:41 - Feb 13 with 3762 viewsmodelboydave

Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:37 - Feb 12 by Clivert

Was it Kevin Dearden?? Early 90s I reckon.

I still see Kevin Dearden around Luton, hes the goalie coach at LTFC i think. Often see him at my gym. Next time i see him i will ask him if he remembers his spell at Spotland.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Dale / Tottenham Links on 08:50 - Feb 13 with 3740 viewsjudd

Dale / Tottenham Links on 08:26 - Feb 13 by davidab2202

Don't think the estate was named after Jimmy

It's the other way round, isn't it?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dale / Tottenham Links on 14:09 - Feb 13 with 3545 viewsD_Alien

Dale / Tottenham Links on 08:50 - Feb 13 by judd

It's the other way round, isn't it?

Wouldn't that be a reverse ymmij?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:18 - Feb 14 with 3239 viewsfinberty

Dearden was in nets when the no back-pass rule first came in. Quite early on, a Dale player hammered it back to him and he was forced to chest the ball right on the line, doing a sort of keepy uppy before conceding a corner. Not a confident opening.
Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:43 - Feb 14 with 3197 views442Dale

Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:18 - Feb 14 by finberty

Dearden was in nets when the no back-pass rule first came in. Quite early on, a Dale player hammered it back to him and he was forced to chest the ball right on the line, doing a sort of keepy uppy before conceding a corner. Not a confident opening.

Dearden played for us a year before that rule came in. It was Kevin Rose in goal in the summer of 1992 when it was first used.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale / Tottenham Links on 11:10 - Feb 15 with 2950 viewsfinberty

Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:43 - Feb 14 by 442Dale

Dearden played for us a year before that rule came in. It was Kevin Rose in goal in the summer of 1992 when it was first used.

My memory’s playing-up then, because that was one of only two memories I had of Dearden — the other being the horrendous jersey he was kitted out in. I do remember Sutton glaring in disbelief — it was the opening moments of the first home game of the season, and happened at the Sandy Lane end.
So either it was Dearden ar*ing about (as a Division 1 player playing beneath his level), or it was Rose a year later when the back-pass rule was in, as you say.
Rose wouldn’t have been a Div 1/Prem player at that time would he? Didn’t he come on loan from Bolton? The Dearden memory was that I’d actually seen him on telly prior to playing for Dale, in the days when there was much less football on tv and was therefore a bona fide top drawer player. Therefore I couldn’t understand why he’d fooked up the basics. But as I say, my memory…
Dale / Tottenham Links on 12:27 - Feb 15 with 2905 views442Dale

Dale / Tottenham Links on 11:10 - Feb 15 by finberty

My memory’s playing-up then, because that was one of only two memories I had of Dearden — the other being the horrendous jersey he was kitted out in. I do remember Sutton glaring in disbelief — it was the opening moments of the first home game of the season, and happened at the Sandy Lane end.
So either it was Dearden ar*ing about (as a Division 1 player playing beneath his level), or it was Rose a year later when the back-pass rule was in, as you say.
Rose wouldn’t have been a Div 1/Prem player at that time would he? Didn’t he come on loan from Bolton? The Dearden memory was that I’d actually seen him on telly prior to playing for Dale, in the days when there was much less football on tv and was therefore a bona fide top drawer player. Therefore I couldn’t understand why he’d fooked up the basics. But as I say, my memory…

First game was York at home, we got a last minute OG equaliser. Dearden was kitted out in a purple goalkeeper’s shirt which, as keepers wore the same shorts and socks as the rest of the side back then, clashed horribly and you could barely pick him out at corners. The remainder of the season often saw whoever was in goal wearing the previous year’s Ribero keeper top.

Rose came in on loan in 91/92 then signed permanently for when the back pass rule came in.

Dale / Tottenham Links on 12:41 - Feb 15 with 2889 viewsJimmyRustler

Dale / Tottenham Links on 12:27 - Feb 15 by 442Dale

First game was York at home, we got a last minute OG equaliser. Dearden was kitted out in a purple goalkeeper’s shirt which, as keepers wore the same shorts and socks as the rest of the side back then, clashed horribly and you could barely pick him out at corners. The remainder of the season often saw whoever was in goal wearing the previous year’s Ribero keeper top.

Rose came in on loan in 91/92 then signed permanently for when the back pass rule came in.

Was this your first kit clash irking?
Dale / Tottenham Links on 13:19 - Feb 15 with 2818 views442Dale

Dale / Tottenham Links on 12:41 - Feb 15 by JimmyRustler

Was this your first kit clash irking?

Oh no. It’s always been there, can recall being particularly annoyed when Watford turned up at Old Trafford in 1984 with black socks, leading to United having to source some plain white ones.

Dale / Tottenham Links on 14:33 - Feb 15 with 2756 viewsdingdangblue

Dele Alli

Ali's Deli

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dale / Tottenham Links on 14:58 - Feb 15 with 2713 viewshammerdale

Dale / Tottenham Links on 21:42 - Feb 12 by Knowlesy

It was David Button on loan from spurs ages ago now. Don't think he ever played for us but has gone on to have a decent career.

Didn't Harry Kane make his professional debut against Dale?

Kane made his professional debut as a Sub for Leyton Orient at Spotland back in 2011.
Dale / Tottenham Links on 10:00 - Feb 16 with 2457 viewsInPeace

I think you've got most of the links already, but you might be interested in this piece on our website:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club-connections-spurs-and-rochdale-150218/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024