Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everybodies thoughts 20:38 - Feb 12 with 1954 viewselectricblue

Away from the pitch scenario what is everbodies thought on below.

Check out this story: PFA under pressure to address CEO Gordon Taylor’s 'absolutely scandalous' £2.3m salary and bonus http://flip.it/-Dx.I9 from Flipboard.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Everybodies thoughts on 20:44 - Feb 12 with 1915 viewsDalenet

Greedy and not justified. The issue for me is why anybody else responsible thinks it is acceptable. But the agents are the same. Why do some of them earn £1m+

Demonstrates to me that the game is completely out of hand at the top
Everybodies thoughts on 20:54 - Feb 12 with 1852 viewsColDale

In an industry where many of his members are on multi million pound salaries, I don't see a problem with their union leader receiving such a salary. I know many of his members will be on a pittance in comparison, as no doubt many of our players will be too, but this is not publicly funded - this is funded by his members, and if they are happy enough with it, then so be it.
Everybodies thoughts on 20:58 - Feb 12 with 1821 viewsDaley_Lama

Everybodies thoughts on 20:44 - Feb 12 by Dalenet

Greedy and not justified. The issue for me is why anybody else responsible thinks it is acceptable. But the agents are the same. Why do some of them earn £1m+

CEO of a multi-billion pound business 2.3 million
Premiership top earners. A blinking lot more.

His wage should obviously go pro-rata with Doris the tea lady just to make sure the FA complies with all sexism accusations.

Football in this country is a cash cow. I’m surprised that such a fuss is being made about the top man earning such money.

Edit: same as Col said basically
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 20:59]

Poll: DF in or out

Everybodies thoughts on 21:05 - Feb 12 with 1780 viewsDalenet

Everybodies thoughts on 20:54 - Feb 12 by ColDale

In an industry where many of his members are on multi million pound salaries, I don't see a problem with their union leader receiving such a salary. I know many of his members will be on a pittance in comparison, as no doubt many of our players will be too, but this is not publicly funded - this is funded by his members, and if they are happy enough with it, then so be it.

I get the free market principle - but there has to be a moral code somewhere. Certain players earn a stupid amount because they have a rare skill that is in demand. He is a simple union rep as you put it. I wonder whether Callum Camps or Jim McNulty would be happy if they knew?

Something is wrong when somebody is paid so much more than their respective worth. And I don't just mean football.
Everybodies thoughts on 21:20 - Feb 12 with 1731 viewssoulboy

Everybodies thoughts on 20:44 - Feb 12 by Dalenet

I agree with all that apart from one word, they dont "earn" it, they get paid it. On a slightly different topic, why do most people who are paid multi million pounds get a golden handshake when they make a total cock up of their job. Anyone else gets their p45 and whatever wages they are owned. Be interesting to see how much the deputy chief executive of Oxfam walks away with, thats assuming they make the figure public.
Everybodies thoughts on 21:35 - Feb 12 with 1667 viewsDalenet

Everybodies thoughts on 21:20 - Feb 12 by soulboy

I agree with all that apart from one word, they dont "earn" it, they get paid it. On a slightly different topic, why do most people who are paid multi million pounds get a golden handshake when they make a total cock up of their job. Anyone else gets their p45 and whatever wages they are owned. Be interesting to see how much the deputy chief executive of Oxfam walks away with, thats assuming they make the figure public.

I agree with that too. Include football managers in the same group.

As for Oxfam - the world may have changed - but a few years back I did some work with them and their CEO was paid a relatively low salary as they saw it as a vocation. They guy at the time was earning around 20% of what he had earned previously but wanted to make a difference. I guess he could afford to do that. So I would be surprised if the current team are on a big wage at all compared to big business and I doubt they have walked away with anything. Whilst some idiots on the ground have lost their moral compass I always saw the senior team in Oxford as being very principled and sound.
Everybodies thoughts on 22:18 - Feb 12 with 1566 viewsBobbyjoe

I don't have any problem with Taylor earning whatever amount as a trades union leader; what sticks in my craw is when he presents himself as the conscience of the game, on the Today programme, for example, following the FA's latest fiasco, say. Just take the money, Gordon, and skip the sanctimonious preaching!
Everybodies thoughts on 22:26 - Feb 12 with 1519 viewsrochdaleriddler

Everybodies thoughts on 21:05 - Feb 12 by Dalenet

I get the free market principle - but there has to be a moral code somewhere. Certain players earn a stupid amount because they have a rare skill that is in demand. He is a simple union rep as you put it. I wonder whether Callum Camps or Jim McNulty would be happy if they knew?

Something is wrong when somebody is paid so much more than their respective worth. And I don't just mean football.

Any player will know, and he isn't a simple union rep, his job is varied, can't stand him myself, but if he is offered that salary, and the PFA caan afford it, good for him. I read some years ago that it was some high end players that insisted he was paid more and wears given a better car so he looked the part when arriving at clubs

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024