Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Teams Pitches 18:28 - Mar 12 with 3615 viewsCanadaDale

From watching a few of the highlights from around the bottom two leagues it seems there are quite a few teams struggling pitch wise. Most notable are our next door neighbors Bury & Oldham. Southends was also awful on the highlights, I just hope our improved playing surface gives us the edge in the survival effort we are mounting.
Up The Dale!
Other Teams Pitches on 19:42 - Mar 12 with 3488 viewsdingdangblue

With 10 home games left and only 4 away it should really help us massively.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Other Teams Pitches on 20:12 - Mar 12 with 3445 viewsMoonyDale

Other Teams Pitches on 19:42 - Mar 12 by dingdangblue

With 10 home games left and only 4 away it should really help us massively.

Be interesting to see how the pitch is since the Spurs home game with the bloody awful weather we've had....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Other Teams Pitches on 20:38 - Mar 12 with 3410 viewsoff2div1

Bradford's pitch not much good Saturday no game playable.And they had a flood that damaged tickets for away game at Blackpool.
Other Teams Pitches on 21:00 - Mar 12 with 3373 viewsTVOS1907

Other Teams Pitches on 20:12 - Mar 12 by MoonyDale

Be interesting to see how the pitch is since the Spurs home game with the bloody awful weather we've had....

Well it was apparently playable for the Plymouth game...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Other Teams Pitches on 21:04 - Mar 12 with 3361 viewsMoonyDale

Other Teams Pitches on 21:00 - Mar 12 by TVOS1907

Well it was apparently playable for the Plymouth game...

Called off for convenience methinks?

Other Teams Pitches on 21:06 - Mar 12 with 3355 viewsTVOS1907

Other Teams Pitches on 21:04 - Mar 12 by MoonyDale

To be honest, I think the road conditions in getting here from Plymouth, plus the general state of Spotland and its surrounds, made it nigh on impossible to get the game on regardless.

Other Teams Pitches on 21:07 - Mar 12 with 3355 viewsSuddenLad

Other Teams Pitches on 21:04 - Mar 12 by MoonyDale

By the referee. How did it convenience him ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Other Teams Pitches on 21:10 - Mar 12 with 3339 viewsTVOS1907

Other Teams Pitches on 21:07 - Mar 12 by SuddenLad

The game wasn't called off by the match referee.

Login to get fewer ads

Other Teams Pitches on 21:19 - Mar 12 with 3327 viewsMoonyDale

Other Teams Pitches on 21:07 - Mar 12 by SuddenLad

Meaning it was convenient to us after the efforts in the cup, but of course you knew that before your post I'm guessing.

Other Teams Pitches on 21:45 - Mar 12 with 3255 viewsSuddenLad

Other Teams Pitches on 21:19 - Mar 12 by MoonyDale

Meaning it was convenient to us after the efforts in the cup, but of course you knew that before your post I'm guessing.

I didn't know who had called the game off. I assumed it was the match referee, as is normally the case. Given the travelling distance and the (then) weather conditions, it was a certainty to be called off, if only for the condition of the terraces and surrounding areas. It's not always about the pitch.

Is there some kind of conspiracy theory that has passed me by ?

Other Teams Pitches on 21:54 - Mar 12 with 3238 viewsTVOS1907

Other Teams Pitches on 21:45 - Mar 12 by SuddenLad

I didn't know who had called the game off. I assumed it was the match referee, as is normally the case. Given the travelling distance and the (then) weather conditions, it was a certainty to be called off, if only for the condition of the terraces and surrounding areas. It's not always about the pitch.

Is there some kind of conspiracy theory that has passed me by ?

The club will usually call in a local referee if there's a doubt the day before the game rather than have the actual match official - in this instance, Darren Drysdale - coming from Lincolnshire.

So, a Lancashire-based official of the same level would make the final decision, taking many factors into account and not just the condition of the pitch.

The same applies to early Saturday morning postponements, ahead of which the club may have asked the referee to stay overnight in a hotel or travel to be there early doors.

I doubt there was ever any chance of the Plymouth game happening because of the surrounds and potential travelling issues for Plymouth. The fact almost every other EFL game was postponed backs this up.

Other Teams Pitches on 22:00 - Mar 12 with 3220 viewsSuddenLad

Other Teams Pitches on 21:54 - Mar 12 by TVOS1907

The club will usually call in a local referee if there's a doubt the day before the game rather than have the actual match official - in this instance, Darren Drysdale - coming from Lincolnshire.

So, a Lancashire-based official of the same level would make the final decision, taking many factors into account and not just the condition of the pitch.

The same applies to early Saturday morning postponements, ahead of which the club may have asked the referee to stay overnight in a hotel or travel to be there early doors.

I doubt there was ever any chance of the Plymouth game happening because of the surrounds and potential travelling issues for Plymouth. The fact almost every other EFL game was postponed backs this up.

Agreed. The 'inference' that the game was 'postponed by arrangement' is ridiculous for the reasons you point out..

Other Teams Pitches on 22:16 - Mar 12 with 3178 viewsDaleiLama

Other Teams Pitches on 22:00 - Mar 12 by SuddenLad

Agreed. The 'inference' that the game was 'postponed by arrangement' is ridiculous for the reasons you point out..

Dale might have been able to get XI men to the COA on Saturday but I can't imagine for a second our pitch wasn't frozen hard. Not to mention almost everything (factories, schools, roads etc) were shut all Thursday and Friday down there. The Plymouth players weren't even getting to their team coach, let alone it getting up here on Friday. There are no conspiracy theories to see here.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Other Teams Pitches on 23:55 - Mar 12 with 3061 viewsDalenet

Hornets have played on it a couple of times since our Spurs game and so it must be fine.

I too saw the match highlights on Channel 5 on Saturday and thought Southends pitch was abysmal as was Gigg Lane. Must be all the cars they have parked on it during the week. Our pitch will help both teams when we play - just need to play the ball on the ground and do what has served us well in past seasons
Other Teams Pitches on 00:16 - Mar 13 with 3044 viewsdingdangblue

The pitch on Sunday just gone. Looks amazing - compared to some others in our division.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Other Teams Pitches on 19:21 - Mar 13 with 2561 views1mark1

Other Teams Pitches on 00:16 - Mar 13 by dingdangblue

The pitch on Sunday just gone. Looks amazing - compared to some others in our division.

The ball is bobbling about a lot though. 😀

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024