Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom relegated 22:14 - May 8 with 17590 viewsdingdangblue

Despite their recent heroic performances.
Craig Dawson will be sold and we will be due another substantial windfall.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

West Brom relegated on 22:25 - May 8 with 9354 viewsBlueDales

I feel sorry for them. "Big Dave" has done a fantastic job since he came in. He must be given it permanently.
West Brom relegated on 23:46 - May 8 with 9198 viewsBrierls

I don’t feel sorry for them at all. They deserved everything they got when they appointed Pardew. If the board want to get back on side with the fans they should appoint Moore and back him.

Great news for Dale, Dawson must be going for £10M+
West Brom relegated on 23:48 - May 8 with 9194 viewsKoober1974

Not being funny but Hogans sell on is on Andrew Kelly's bank so I'm pretty sure if Dawson gets sold that will float away into never never land.
West Brom relegated on 23:49 - May 8 with 9192 viewsBrierls

West Brom relegated on 23:48 - May 8 by Koober1974

Not being funny but Hogans sell on is on Andrew Kelly's bank so I'm pretty sure if Dawson gets sold that will float away into never never land.

You’re right.

You’re not being funny.
West Brom relegated on 23:51 - May 8 with 9183 viewsdingdangblue

[Post edited 8 May 2018 23:55]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

West Brom relegated on 06:44 - May 9 with 9022 viewsTVOS1907

Ah, the same nonsense you were posting in January.

Must do better.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

West Brom relegated on 07:29 - May 9 with 8954 viewsFalingeParka

Paper talk but the price tag quoted (15M) is surely there or thereabouts.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/05/newcastle-plotting-move-west-brom-star-now-rele

ColonelHall

West Brom relegated on 07:48 - May 9 with 8909 viewsaleanddale

West Brom relegated on 07:29 - May 9 by FalingeParka

Paper talk but the price tag quoted (15M) is surely there or thereabouts.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/05/newcastle-plotting-move-west-brom-star-now-rele

25% of that would do very nicely thank you!
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom relegated on 08:10 - May 9 with 8852 viewsrod_leach

West Brom relegated on 07:48 - May 9 by aleanddale

25% of that would do very nicely thank you!

Do we know for certain that's what we are due to get?
West Brom relegated on 08:55 - May 9 with 8771 viewsKnowlesy

West Brom relegated on 08:10 - May 9 by rod_leach

Do we know for certain that's what we are due to get?

Seen 15% of profit mentioned lots of places. Think we got around 650k for him upfront, presumably we've had some appearance money since then so let's called it a million for ease of calculation.

If he goes for 15m we should get around 2.1m (15% of 14m ish) which really would secure us financially for years and years to come. Our bank balance won't know what to do with itself.
West Brom relegated on 09:31 - May 9 with 8705 viewsdingdangblue

He'll be hoping Aston Villa will get promoted then! There will be more money on its way!!

West Brom relegated on 09:31 - May 9 with 8704 viewsCockneyDale

Dawson has been there a while, surely longer than the original contract he signed when he joined them, so it is perhaps possible that the sell-on expired (or reduced) with the end of the original contract?
West Brom relegated on 09:39 - May 9 with 8690 viewsdingdangblue

West Brom relegated on 09:31 - May 9 by CockneyDale

Dawson has been there a while, surely longer than the original contract he signed when he joined them, so it is perhaps possible that the sell-on expired (or reduced) with the end of the original contract?

No that is just his personal contract i.e. Wages.
Any terms in the transfer he made from Dale to West Brom will still be in place.

West Brom relegated on 09:44 - May 9 with 8675 viewsParkinsGimp

West Brom relegated on 08:55 - May 9 by Knowlesy

Seen 15% of profit mentioned lots of places. Think we got around 650k for him upfront, presumably we've had some appearance money since then so let's called it a million for ease of calculation.

If he goes for 15m we should get around 2.1m (15% of 14m ish) which really would secure us financially for years and years to come. Our bank balance won't know what to do with itself.

And what will we spend it on? Extending contracts and offering new contracts to sub standard players...now the dust has settled let us not forget we only just stayed in this league by the skin of our teeth so we obviously need to improve and bring better players to the club, not another rash of has beens or broken toys or freebies.
West Brom relegated on 09:48 - May 9 with 8660 viewsfitzochris

West Brom relegated on 09:44 - May 9 by ParkinsGimp

And what will we spend it on? Extending contracts and offering new contracts to sub standard players...now the dust has settled let us not forget we only just stayed in this league by the skin of our teeth so we obviously need to improve and bring better players to the club, not another rash of has beens or broken toys or freebies.

While I agree that recruitment needs to be better this season, we won’t be competing in an arms race with the other clubs of League One. That just isn’t our way.

I reckon Hill will get it right this time and still on his terms.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

West Brom relegated on 10:11 - May 9 with 8612 viewsTVOS1907

Whoever we sign, you’ll say they are crap... like that Premier League player Mendez-Laing.

Perhaps we should go for some of the unwanted Stoke and WBA players.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

West Brom relegated on 10:11 - May 9 with 8612 viewsdingdangblue

Yeah they need to get rid of that Joe Thompson! What's he ever done for this club?

West Brom relegated on 10:28 - May 9 with 8558 viewsnordenblue

West Brom relegated on 10:11 - May 9 by TVOS1907

Whoever we sign, you’ll say they are crap... like that Premier League player Mendez-Laing.

Perhaps we should go for some of the unwanted Stoke and WBA players.

Craig Dawson wouldn't be a bad shout maybe at centre half for us,tbf he'd probably still call him substandard/crap anyway....
West Brom relegated on 11:07 - May 9 with 8465 viewssweetcorn

West Brom relegated on 10:11 - May 9 by dingdangblue

Yeah they need to get rid of that Joe Thompson! What's he ever done for this club?

Of all the players to pick to call out parkinsgimp you chose one who actually should be released..

Saturday was wonderful and he’s wrote himself into rochdales history, but lets not let that paper over the cracks. If we want to progress thompson has to go.

Theres no room in football for sentiment.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

West Brom relegated on 11:14 - May 9 with 8447 viewsrod_leach

Apart from the fact that out last 10 games put us in the top half of the table, so the potential is already there in most of the squad.
West Brom relegated on 11:35 - May 9 with 8387 viewsNigeriamark

West Brom relegated on 11:14 - May 9 by rod_leach

Apart from the fact that out last 10 games put us in the top half of the table, so the potential is already there in most of the squad.

I agree

Did we finish in the bottom five because we have a bottom 5 squad, or was it because the manager had a poor season? I think it was the latter. After relative success every year in both spells, KH has had a "Mare" this year, which will happen to any manager. However whatever happened on Saturday I would have wanted him to start next season. If he can learn from what happened this season and reflect on why he has been successful previously then that will be the biggest factor in any improvement next year - And the good thing is it won't cost a penny

Of course there will be the usual ins and outs of players where we hope there will be a net gain in quality and the overall cost of salaries i would assume will rise. But as you say I believe there is a decent squad there but they were not managed to get the best performances out of them to often. I don't think we had one of the worst 4 squads this season and I don't think we will next season either. Its about Keith Hill getting it right.
West Brom relegated on 11:46 - May 9 with 8369 viewsfitzochris

West Brom relegated on 11:35 - May 9 by Nigeriamark

I agree

Did we finish in the bottom five because we have a bottom 5 squad, or was it because the manager had a poor season? I think it was the latter. After relative success every year in both spells, KH has had a "Mare" this year, which will happen to any manager. However whatever happened on Saturday I would have wanted him to start next season. If he can learn from what happened this season and reflect on why he has been successful previously then that will be the biggest factor in any improvement next year - And the good thing is it won't cost a penny

Of course there will be the usual ins and outs of players where we hope there will be a net gain in quality and the overall cost of salaries i would assume will rise. But as you say I believe there is a decent squad there but they were not managed to get the best performances out of them to often. I don't think we had one of the worst 4 squads this season and I don't think we will next season either. Its about Keith Hill getting it right.

I think we will see quite a few ins and outs. One of Hill’s more honest statements during this season was his admission that he overestimated the ability of the current squad to deliver what he asked and that not enough of them chipped in with goals.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

West Brom relegated on 11:46 - May 9 with 8369 viewsdingdangblue

West Brom relegated on 11:07 - May 9 by sweetcorn

Of all the players to pick to call out parkinsgimp you chose one who actually should be released..

Saturday was wonderful and he’s wrote himself into rochdales history, but lets not let that paper over the cracks. If we want to progress thompson has to go.

Theres no room in football for sentiment.

Typical response.
Having a squad is more than having a team full of so called 'superstar players' - at least Hill recognises this. You only have to look down the road at bury and the players they signed. Dawson - better than Thompson, Bunn - better than Thompson, O'Shea - better than Thompson, Beckford - better than Thompson...
They finished rock bottom and bury fans will tell you they were an awful team full of mercenaries who didn't give a toss about bury.
Joe Thompson is everything I love about Rochdale AFC and if you think they should get rid of him after what he's done for this club then more fool you.
That's why Joe Thompson scored his goal on Saturday and Calvin Andrew was voted Players Player of the year.

West Brom relegated on 12:10 - May 9 with 8320 viewsaleanddale

West Brom relegated on 08:55 - May 9 by Knowlesy

Less the cut for Hill?.

was the Craig Dawson sale Pre Hill coming back I cant remember.

I suspect the Hill clause is only for players Hill signs / develops / sanctions the selling of?.
West Brom relegated on 12:15 - May 9 with 8305 viewsdingdangblue

West Brom relegated on 12:10 - May 9 by aleanddale

Less the cut for Hill?.

was the Craig Dawson sale Pre Hill coming back I cant remember.

I suspect the Hill clause is only for players Hill signs / develops / sanctions the selling of?.

We sold Dawson straight after promotion under Hill - then he came back on loan in Lge 1 still under Hill.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024