Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daily mail - Charlie sale 10:32 - Jul 6 with 6593 viewsmodelboydave

Has a little dig at our Keith today !!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5922931/

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 10:39 - Jul 6 with 6568 viewsIOMDale

Even looking at this generally, it's an unfair comment to make, given there must be plenty of other players in that squad who haven't been deemed good enough by managers throughout the football league.

However, when you take into account the fact that Keith played a part in blooding John Stones, in conjunction with his general record of developing players, Charles Sale ends up looking like a bit of a cock.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 10:39]

UTDNFS

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 10:47 - Jul 6 with 6539 viewsColDale

Trippier was there the season before Hill went there
Daily mail - Charlie sale on 10:48 - Jul 6 with 6536 viewsIOMDale

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 10:47 - Jul 6 by ColDale

Well that's that. Also, what evidence is there to suggest that Hill thought Trippier wasn't not good enough for us?

UTDNFS

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 11:02 - Jul 6 with 6502 viewsThe_Knightowl

Indeed he was and its very poor journalism and if anything one could say defamation of Keith's talents. At the very least a public apology would be the least I would expect. Keith's tenure at Barnsley was June 2011 to late 2012. Trippier was at Barnsley and moved on to Burnley before Keith took the reigns.
Daily mail - Charlie sale on 11:04 - Jul 6 with 6486 viewsdingdangblue

Yes Trippier played under Mark Robins not Keith Hill!
The same Keith Hill who gave John Stones his debut at 17 and said back then he would captain England one day?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 11:11 - Jul 6 with 6459 viewsDaleiLama

Daily mail

A link to this thread ought to be posted in the comments section and e-mailed to the "journalist" (I use the term loosely)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 11:14 - Jul 6 with 6447 viewsBlueDales

Trippier played 39 times for Barnsley the season before Hill went there. It'd seem like their previous manager rated him more than the Daily Mail bizarrely suggests Hill does. Indeed, Trippier made his debut that season in our 1-0 League Cup victory at Oakwell.
Daily mail - Charlie sale on 11:36 - Jul 6 with 6363 viewsdingdangblue

It was reported that Robins left Barnsley because he wasn't able to sign players - Trippier had won young player of the season there whilst on loan so it's probable that not being allowed to sign Trippier permanently was one of the reasons Robins left? Trippier signed for Burnley for a rumoured £500k which I very much doubt Barnsley would have spent at the time. Hill's budget allowed him to sign Wiseman and Done from Dale and a host of free transfers and loan deals.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 12:00 - Jul 6 with 6297 viewsdavidab2202

And even if it had been true it would have put him in the same company as that 'waste of space as a Manager '--Jose Mourinho who obviously hasn't had a clue by not recognising the talents of Salah and De Bruyne when they were young players
Daily mail - Charlie sale on 12:14 - Jul 6 with 6260 viewsLaveritty

What an absolute w%nk piece of 'journalism':

Extract from the article: 'Kieran Trippier’s World Cup heroics don’t say much for Rochdale manager Keith Hill’s judgment. When Barnsley boss in 2011, he decided that Trippier, only behind Neymar and Kevin De Bruyne in tournament chances created, wasn’t good enough for the then Championship side, having gone there on loan from Manchester City'

is then followed by a picture of Keith with the caption 'Keith Hill once made the judgement that Kieran Trippier wasn't good enough for Rochdale'. Erm - no he didn't, if he made any judgement at all (which is questionable!) about whether Kieran Trippier was good enough to play for him then surely it was whilst he was Barnsley manager as it states in the paragraph above the picture?

What a pathetic story that really is but I suppose it is only to be expected from that odious rag! Makes my blood boil and it frightens me how many people read the sh1t that it publishes and believe it to be true and accurate reporting!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 12:25 - Jul 6 with 6214 viewsThe_Knightowl

This article has really hacked me off............" don’t say much for Rochdale manager Keith Hill’s judgment."................."Keith Hill once made the judgement that Kieran Trippier wasn't good enough for Rochdale"

It is an assassination no mention of John Stones then again there wouldn't be .

The randomness which it is in my opinion suggests some insidious agenda.

I hope Keith and the club sues the rag for the stress and inconvenience !
Daily mail - Charlie sale on 12:30 - Jul 6 with 6184 viewsSalwaDale

I didn't know Trippier's brother used to play for us - Kelvin Lomax.

TBBT

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 12:45 - Jul 6 with 6138 viewsrochdaleriddler

The daily Fail is awful in all aspects, so this should come as no surprise , but even if true , it’s a non story . The very best managers have not fancied players who have then gone to shine elsewhere

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 14:47 - Jul 6 with 5910 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Best thing to do is not patronise these newspapers.....like the Obby,waste of space/money.

Ban yourself from them.
Daily mail - Charlie sale on 15:20 - Jul 6 with 5835 viewsEllDale

Do the Mail not have address inside to where you can send corrections and ask for an apology? I'm sure I've seen it towards the back somewhere?
Daily mail - Charlie sale on 16:23 - Jul 6 with 5699 viewsoddjob007

Very bizarre link, considering the squad is full of players who haven’t necessarily come through the premier league academy route. Can only think there is some act to grind somewhere.

What is even more bizarre is the Stones and Hill link has been completely ignored. I’m sure I’ve read an article where Stones is highly complimentary towards hill.
Daily mail - Charlie sale on 16:33 - Jul 6 with 5667 viewsrochdaleriddler

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 15:20 - Jul 6 by EllDale

Do the Mail not have address inside to where you can send corrections and ask for an apology? I'm sure I've seen it towards the back somewhere?

Well Hill would have to complain, and any correction is usually in minute print on page 1073

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:34 - Jul 6 with 5661 viewsJimmyRustler

If anyone wants to tweet this bellend and put him right then here you go:

https://twitter.com/charliesale
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 16:40]
Daily mail - Charlie sale on 17:04 - Jul 6 with 5577 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Joined Twitter just to give him some grief the tool. Don’t really understand it though lol

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 19:18 - Jul 6 with 5396 viewsD_Dale

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 12:45 - Jul 6 by rochdaleriddler

The daily Fail is awful in all aspects, so this should come as no surprise , but even if true , it’s a non story . The very best managers have not fancied players who have then gone to shine elsewhere

And the caption below the photo of Hill:

"Keith Hill once made the judgement that Kieran Trippier wasn't good enough for Rochdale"

Sports journalism at its finest.
Daily mail - Charlie sale on 22:22 - Jul 6 with 5222 viewsmodelboydave

I sent him an email pointing out his failings...

No response yet

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 17:11 - Jul 9 with 4757 viewsThe_Knightowl

They still haven't changed it though !

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email regarding Kieran Trippier .

You are correct in stating that Keith Hill was not the manager of Barnsley at the time and I am sorry that this mistake was not spotted and corrected before publication.

We shall endeavour to intensify our checking system to ensure such errors do not occur in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Jim Mansell

Consultant Sports Editor
Daily mail - Charlie sale on 18:55 - Jul 9 with 4617 viewsBartRowou

Does anyone else's name rhyme with their employer's?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 09:26 - Jul 10 with 4345 viewsmodelboydave

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 17:11 - Jul 9 by The_Knightowl

They still haven't changed it though !

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email regarding Kieran Trippier .

You are correct in stating that Keith Hill was not the manager of Barnsley at the time and I am sorry that this mistake was not spotted and corrected before publication.

We shall endeavour to intensify our checking system to ensure such errors do not occur in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Jim Mansell

Consultant Sports Editor

or what about an apology in his Column? That would appear the normal thing to do. We all make mistakes. I have no problem with someone who holds their hands up and puts the record straight.

Daily mail - Charlie sale on 12:15 - Jul 10 with 4187 viewsEllDale

Talking of Trippier, and I was belatedly reading a piece in last Friday's "Sun" in which he's effusive in his praise of FRMSE.
He attributes his crossing ability to hours spent on the training ground in the afternoons with Eyre when he was a youngster at Manchester City and playing on the right wing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024