Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on these proposals? 20:05 - Nov 22 with 1834 viewsJames1980

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46311379

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Thoughts on these proposals? on 20:24 - Nov 22 with 1812 viewssoulboy

Strangley enough, thats a perfectly sensible idea for footballs governing bodies. One idea i would really like to see happen is if a trainer has to go on the pitch to treat an injured player, once fit to resume, that player should have to leave the pitch for the same number of minutes that the trainer was on. That would cut out a lot of time wasting and the sickening acting by so called injured players.
Thoughts on these proposals? on 21:05 - Nov 22 with 1732 viewsrochdaleriddler

Read about these a few weeks ago, the game definately needs speeding up, and more minutes of actual footy

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Thoughts on these proposals? on 21:12 - Nov 22 with 1721 viewsJames1980

Which teams in lg1 would 'suffer' if the sub rule was brought in

Thoughts on these proposals? on 21:20 - Nov 22 with 1699 viewsTVOS1907

Thoughts on these proposals? on 21:12 - Nov 22 by James1980

All of them, I would imagine.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Thoughts on these proposals? on 21:20 - Nov 22 with 1699 viewsrochdale_ranger

Thoughts on these proposals? on 21:12 - Nov 22 by James1980

Any managed by Fergie junior. About time the FA/football rule makers came up with some good ideas.
Thoughts on these proposals? on 21:31 - Nov 22 with 1673 viewsDaleiLama

I would advocate the use of police Alsatians to get time wasters off the pitch. Let's bring a bit of urgency back into it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Thoughts on these proposals? on 22:00 - Nov 22 with 1633 viewsisitme

For years I have thought the idea of a match clock visible in the ground and controlled by an independent official would help to reduce some of the time wasting. As in Rugby when the game is stopped and a player is receiving treatment the clock is stopped. The same for a substitution. Obviously this would not stop the gamesmanship of breaking up play etc caused by 'tactical injuries' or late substitutions.

It would not be expensive to do and would create transparency regarding how long is left in the game. I would like the six second rule to actually be enforced.
Thoughts on these proposals? on 22:01 - Nov 22 with 1632 viewsJames1980

Thoughts on these proposals? on 21:20 - Nov 22 by TVOS1907

All of them, I would imagine.

Should have included, the most, in my previous message

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on these proposals? on 07:55 - Nov 23 with 1459 viewsEllDale

They're going to stop the clock in rugby league if you exceed a certain time for doing something ie 30 seconds for a drop out.
I'd give keepers a maximum of 60 seconds to take a goalkick.
And the player who first picks up the ball for a throw-in should actually take it, not ponce about for a minute and then hand it to a team mate.
Thoughts on these proposals? on 11:09 - Nov 23 with 1340 viewsrod_leach

I haven't got a problem with players taking ages to come off when subbed as long as the ref adds the same amount of time on. If someone leaves the field on the opposite touchline to the technical areas, he will be walking round half the pitch with the same colour shirt on as the rest of the team, and could be a distraction
Thoughts on these proposals? on 11:19 - Nov 23 with 1329 viewsDaleiLama

Thoughts on these proposals? on 11:09 - Nov 23 by rod_leach

I haven't got a problem with players taking ages to come off when subbed as long as the ref adds the same amount of time on. If someone leaves the field on the opposite touchline to the technical areas, he will be walking round half the pitch with the same colour shirt on as the rest of the team, and could be a distraction

It isn't just the number of seconds wasted though Rod - it's the disruption to the game and the momentum. When a team is chasing the game, this can ramp up the frustration which can boil over into bad tackles etc. I know it's gamesmanship and we are guilty of it too. I just don't like it.

Thoughts on these proposals? on 12:22 - Nov 23 with 1280 viewsrod_leach

Thoughts on these proposals? on 11:19 - Nov 23 by DaleiLama

It isn't just the number of seconds wasted though Rod - it's the disruption to the game and the momentum. When a team is chasing the game, this can ramp up the frustration which can boil over into bad tackles etc. I know it's gamesmanship and we are guilty of it too. I just don't like it.

I think that players pretending to be injured creates more frustration than substitutions. You can have a maximum of three subs but there's potentially no limit on the number of pretend injuries if the ref isn't that capable
Thoughts on these proposals? on 12:25 - Nov 23 with 1275 viewsDaleiLama

Thoughts on these proposals? on 12:22 - Nov 23 by rod_leach

I think that players pretending to be injured creates more frustration than substitutions. You can have a maximum of three subs but there's potentially no limit on the number of pretend injuries if the ref isn't that capable

That too!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024