Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon and Wally Downes 16:40 - Dec 6 with 2131 viewssuffolkdale

A lot of coverage down here for Saturday’s game, a lot related to tweets new manager Downes made about gay rights in India.
Football related he is quoted as saying ‘we will look to get the ball forward and wide, I want to be on the front foot and take the game to them’ Fortunately he doesn’t mention set pieces .....
Might suit our counter attacking style- let’s hope so- the first few minutes might be ‘fun’ though!
Certainly as a new relatively inexperienced manager it will be difficult to ‘guess’ his team. The Exiles are there so be confident..........
Wimbledon and Wally Downes on 16:57 - Dec 6 with 2084 viewsEllDale

Wally Downes is very much old school Wimbledon like his mentor Dave Bassett.
I wouldn't be surprised if signs a long throw chap tomorrow!
Expect lots of aerial pressure on Saturday......
Wimbledon and Wally Downes on 17:02 - Dec 6 with 2071 viewsSheffdale

Assisted by Glyn Hodges as well. More old Wimbledon/Bassett connections. Hodges remembered pretty fondly in Sheffield.
Wimbledon and Wally Downes on 18:08 - Dec 6 with 1968 viewsjonahwhereru

Being an exile this will be only my second match of the season. While we don’t know what to expect from the new Wimbledon management, neither do we know what tactics Keith Hill will go with.

I hope he goes with what seems to be the preferred defensive set up of Lillis, Rafferty, Mcghey, Delaney and Hart.

In midfield I hope we perm any 4 from Dooley, Adshead, Rathbone, Camps, Cannon and Inman,

With Henderson in a free role and Andrew up top.

What we end up with god only knows.

Even with the impetus of new management in at the Don’s I like to think we can get at least a point on Saturday.
Wimbledon and Wally Downes on 20:27 - Dec 6 with 1805 viewsNigeriamark

Wimbledon and Wally Downes on 18:08 - Dec 6 by jonahwhereru

Being an exile this will be only my second match of the season. While we don’t know what to expect from the new Wimbledon management, neither do we know what tactics Keith Hill will go with.

I hope he goes with what seems to be the preferred defensive set up of Lillis, Rafferty, Mcghey, Delaney and Hart.

In midfield I hope we perm any 4 from Dooley, Adshead, Rathbone, Camps, Cannon and Inman,

With Henderson in a free role and Andrew up top.

What we end up with god only knows.

Even with the impetus of new management in at the Don’s I like to think we can get at least a point on Saturday.

Who knows what the tombola will throw up!!

Agree with your back 5 and front 2. The 4 midfielder's I would go for are Cannon, Dooley, Adshead and Camps ( the latter only because he seems to be showing something in recent games, but would be equally happy with Rathbone)

Key is to let Henderson get at let 4 shots away which won't be done by keeping him in midfield
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024