Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow 21:55 - Jan 3 with 3819 viewsrochdaleriddler

City v Liverpool , what pace and skill for 95 mins.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wow on 22:03 - Jan 3 with 2149 viewsalderleydale

Fantastic
Wow on 22:25 - Jan 3 with 2067 viewsboromat

Great game! So tense.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Wow on 22:46 - Jan 3 with 2022 viewsrochdale_ranger

Thread should be titled “city fans with Rochdale as their second team”
Wow on 23:01 - Jan 3 with 1983 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Wow on 22:46 - Jan 3 by rochdale_ranger

With arsey response from Liverpool fan with Rochdale as his second team.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Wow on 23:04 - Jan 3 with 1966 viewsrochdale_ranger

Wow on 23:01 - Jan 3 by BigDaveMyCock

With arsey response from Liverpool fan with Rochdale as his second team.

Calm down.
Wow on 03:05 - Jan 4 with 1851 viewskiwidale

Wow on 23:04 - Jan 3 by rochdale_ranger

Calm down.

It was a fantastic game of football. My opinion is, if I'm allowed one as I wasn't at the game (see what I've done there) is Liverpool were fantastic for the first 15 mins, Kompany should have seen red for his tackle on Salah and the disallowed goal should have stood. After the first 15 mins City's masterclass showed Liverpool up, they lost composure and resorted to long ball to nobody their passing was awful and their ball control was also awful. Only one team looked genuine class and it wasn't Liverpool.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 3:07]

This is not the time for bickering.

Wow on 07:34 - Jan 4 with 1773 viewsTappers

Top of league 4 points clear Liverpool fans start of season would of bitten your hand off for that.Calm Down
Wow on 07:35 - Jan 4 with 1771 viewssmaclad1

Hadn't realised they were playing. Was it an important game?
Login to get fewer ads

Wow on 08:40 - Jan 4 with 1717 viewskiwidale

Wow on 07:34 - Jan 4 by Tappers

Top of league 4 points clear Liverpool fans start of season would of bitten your hand off for that.Calm Down

Of course they would however they had the chance to all but sew up the title and were not good enough to take it.

Wow on 08:49 - Jan 4 with 1695 viewsdingdangblue

Wow on 08:40 - Jan 4 by kiwidale

Of course they would however they had the chance to all but sew up the title and were not good enough to take it.

If only they'd wrongly been given a goal where the ball wasn't over the line.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wow on 09:03 - Jan 4 with 1668 viewskiwidale

Wow on 08:49 - Jan 4 by dingdangblue

If only they'd wrongly been given a goal where the ball wasn't over the line.

Whether the ball was over the line or would have altered the outcome is mute but from that point on City dominated the game and were worthy winners the only surprise was the Liverpool equaliser.

Wow on 09:10 - Jan 4 with 1641 viewsdingdangblue

Wow on 09:03 - Jan 4 by kiwidale

Whether the ball was over the line or would have altered the outcome is mute but from that point on City dominated the game and were worthy winners the only surprise was the Liverpool equaliser.

You said it should have been allowed though?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Wow on 09:42 - Jan 4 with 1595 viewskiwidale

Wow on 09:10 - Jan 4 by dingdangblue

You said it should have been allowed though?

I haven't changed my opinion that the goal should have stood. I watched the game on an American feed that showed a graph of the ball at least 90% over the line so unless the rule has changed and that now the whole ball has to be over the line? then I believe the goal should have been given. I'm happy to be corrected on that however the better team bar far on the day won.

Wow on 09:47 - Jan 4 with 1579 viewsscooby

Wow on 09:42 - Jan 4 by kiwidale

I haven't changed my opinion that the goal should have stood. I watched the game on an American feed that showed a graph of the ball at least 90% over the line so unless the rule has changed and that now the whole ball has to be over the line? then I believe the goal should have been given. I'm happy to be corrected on that however the better team bar far on the day won.

90%?? hasn't it always been "whole" therefore 100%?
Wow on 09:48 - Jan 4 with 1576 viewsnordenblue

It's not a goal, it's not down to opinions. The whole ball has to cross the line,which it didn't... I'm sure Liverpool fans will be preparing a petition though as we speak,how unfair the rule is
Wow on 09:52 - Jan 4 with 1560 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wow on 22:46 - Jan 3 by rochdale_ranger

WEll as I’ve seen Rochdale play hundreds of times, and city about 20 I’m sure you may have that arse about face

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wow on 10:00 - Jan 4 with 1529 viewsBartRowou

Wow on 09:03 - Jan 4 by kiwidale

Instead of having it on mute, turn the sound on and you'll hear them explaining why it wasn't a goal.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Wow on 10:19 - Jan 4 with 1500 viewskiwidale

I'm happy to admit I am wrong. the screen shot on the video link is exactly what was shown on my internet feed. the video is worth a watch for those like me who did not know the rules... I hate goal line technology.

[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 10:22]

Wow on 10:21 - Jan 4 with 1496 viewssweetcorn

Fkin hell this post is brilliant

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Wow on 10:23 - Jan 4 with 1482 viewskiwidale

Wow on 10:21 - Jan 4 by sweetcorn

Fkin hell this post is brilliant

A bit late Sweetcorn but carry on

Wow on 10:38 - Jan 4 with 1446 viewsnordenblue

Wow on 10:19 - Jan 4 by kiwidale

I'm happy to admit I am wrong. the screen shot on the video link is exactly what was shown on my internet feed. the video is worth a watch for those like me who did not know the rules... I hate goal line technology.

Why do you hate technology that's in place to make sure a correct and honest decision can be made?
Wow on 10:40 - Jan 4 with 1438 viewsdingdangblue

Wow on 10:19 - Jan 4 by kiwidale

Why would you hate goal line technology? Do you not want correct decisions given?
Goal line technology is the one black or white area which should 100% be used as it's not a matter of opinion - the ball is either fully over the line or not. The 'goal' last night wasn't disallowed - it was never ever given - as the officials are buzzed immediately if the ball has gone over the line these days. Last night they reported that 1.12 cm of the 22cm diameter failed to cross the line - that's even more than you stated (around 95%) - it's most probably going to be one of the closest decisions ever - unlucky on Liverpool and lucky for City as you are talking about John Stones hooking it away 100th of a second later and it's a goal. It's a correct decision at the end if the day and why the technology was brought in to save these discussions! (they didn't reckon on you though Kiwi)

Wow on 10:43 - Jan 4 with 1432 viewsColDale

My only concern with goalline technology is the lack of consistency. Fully get the whole of the ball as the entire 80's seemed to be spent by told that by Jimmy Hill, but would seem to be they don't use the same criteria when it comes to the ball being out of play anywhere else on the pitch. "Most of the ball" seems good enough to award a corner / goal kick / throw in but not a goal, unless its just my head playing tricks on me.
Wow on 10:49 - Jan 4 with 1409 viewsDaleFan7

Wow on 10:43 - Jan 4 by ColDale

My only concern with goalline technology is the lack of consistency. Fully get the whole of the ball as the entire 80's seemed to be spent by told that by Jimmy Hill, but would seem to be they don't use the same criteria when it comes to the ball being out of play anywhere else on the pitch. "Most of the ball" seems good enough to award a corner / goal kick / throw in but not a goal, unless its just my head playing tricks on me.

The whole ball has to be over the line in any case when to deem the ball out of play. Whether the officials see it as over or not is down to their own reactions at the time which are never going to be 100% accurate.

The rules that seem to be contradictory to this is to get the ball back into play. The ball can just be touching the line just a bit off a goal kick or a corner, the ball doesn't have to fully be in them areas. Same as a throw-in, you can touch the line with your boot but can't go any over it.
Wow on 10:50 - Jan 4 with 1404 viewsdingdangblue

Wow on 10:43 - Jan 4 by ColDale

They don't use the technology for throw ins or corners - that's still down to the officials. And as Dalefan7 said - that's never going to be 100% correct - had the officials not had goal line technology last night there is a very good chance Liverpool would have gone 1-0 up.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 10:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024