Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lowe favourite for Luton Job 18:53 - Jan 17 with 7061 viewsscarrow

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/favourite-lowe-is-relaxed

Poll: Final position

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 19:09 - Jan 17 with 4971 viewsrochdaleriddler

What odds for Hill?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 19:30 - Jan 17 with 4910 viewsDaleFan7

It does say something that he's literally never linked to any other jobs, despite his resume here.

Do other clubs see how he is in interviews and know what he's like with fans and it puts them off?
Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 19:32 - Jan 17 with 4904 viewsSuddenLad

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 19:30 - Jan 17 by DaleFan7

It does say something that he's literally never linked to any other jobs, despite his resume here.

Do other clubs see how he is in interviews and know what he's like with fans and it puts them off?

They know the length of his deal and won't pay the compensation. Thankfully.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 19:36 - Jan 17 with 4888 viewsDaleFan7

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 19:32 - Jan 17 by SuddenLad

Fair point now but what about before he signed the deal? We'd have a few good seasons in League One. Surely some lower end Championship teams/high end League One teams could afford the Compo?
Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 19:43 - Jan 17 with 4869 viewsSuddenLad

The simple fact is, if KH wants to leave, he will do so. We have no idea about which clubs may have enquired about his services or indeed, which jobs he may have (unsuccessfully) applied for.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 19:56 - Jan 17 with 4838 viewswatford_dale

Finances are tight at Luton and compo would be a big thing. Luton have just received planning permission for a 17,500 town centre stadium
Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 20:11 - Jan 17 with 4807 viewsrochdaleriddler

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 19:32 - Jan 17 by SuddenLad

A Manager on a v poor run, for the second time in two seasons , whose team hovers above the drop must be in great demand

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 21:00 - Jan 17 with 4726 viewsblackdogblue

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 20:11 - Jan 17 by rochdaleriddler

A Manager on a v poor run, for the second time in two seasons , whose team hovers above the drop must be in great demand

Yes, unfortunately we seem stuck with him

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 00:05 - Jan 18 with 4475 viewsKenBoon

Lowe might want to have a chat with Alan Knill before jumping elsewhere. Bury seem to have been pretty good to him as well.
Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 08:30 - Jan 18 with 4291 viewschalky_ncfc

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 19:56 - Jan 17 by watford_dale

Finances are tight at Luton and compo would be a big thing. Luton have just received planning permission for a 17,500 town centre stadium

Why are finances right at Luton when they are planning a new stadium in the town centre?

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 08:50 - Jan 18 with 4265 viewsBarryStrange

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 00:05 - Jan 18 by KenBoon

Lowe might want to have a chat with Alan Knill before jumping elsewhere. Bury seem to have been pretty good to him as well.

I don't think anyone who has seen our Ryan in operation is expecting, if offered, he will do anything other than what's best for himself and his family. Mind you the Luton CEO has said they're not planning on poaching other people's managers just now.

Professionally, Luton is a more attractive proposition than staying put.Bigger club, new stadium round the corner, Championship potential. However, it's a long way away from his family and he moved back north because he found that hard when playing for MK.

Ironically, he was as big a factor as anyone (something acknowledged by Barker, the other big factor in it) in getting the team over the line when Knill ran off with the entire coaching staff. So he'll be very mindful of what happens when you take the jump and mess it up.

Thing is though, the place is absolutely f*****g buzzing right now. Like it hasn't in years. That's hard to walk away from and into the uncertainty of life as a football manager.

Also on the point about Hill - I have long suspected the fact he is such an difficult bloke to warm to must have given him a reputation within football, and that's why he diesn't get bigger offers - because the job he has done at Rochdale is very impressive overall (however the last couple of months have gone).
Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 09:21 - Jan 18 with 4206 viewsJames1980

In the recent Hill interview I thought was good bar the mention of sacrifices. Hill mentioned those sacrifices were forgoing moves to other clubs, due to how he feels about Rochdale.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 09:36 - Jan 18 with 4175 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 08:50 - Jan 18 by BarryStrange

I don't think anyone who has seen our Ryan in operation is expecting, if offered, he will do anything other than what's best for himself and his family. Mind you the Luton CEO has said they're not planning on poaching other people's managers just now.

Professionally, Luton is a more attractive proposition than staying put.Bigger club, new stadium round the corner, Championship potential. However, it's a long way away from his family and he moved back north because he found that hard when playing for MK.

Ironically, he was as big a factor as anyone (something acknowledged by Barker, the other big factor in it) in getting the team over the line when Knill ran off with the entire coaching staff. So he'll be very mindful of what happens when you take the jump and mess it up.

Thing is though, the place is absolutely f*****g buzzing right now. Like it hasn't in years. That's hard to walk away from and into the uncertainty of life as a football manager.

Also on the point about Hill - I have long suspected the fact he is such an difficult bloke to warm to must have given him a reputation within football, and that's why he diesn't get bigger offers - because the job he has done at Rochdale is very impressive overall (however the last couple of months have gone).

With you now having a Chairman who talks good sense (from the bits I have seen) I'd have thought a 2.5 year contract would see off any potential interest in RL. As you say Barry, there is something special going on at Gigg at the minute, so why not see how far you can take that?

You are spot on with Hill, when he left for Barnsley, it was almost a relief as for the want of a better word, he was just being a knob. We seem to be at that point again, which really is a shame.

We all want to love him, but he just doesn't seem to want us to for some reason. Especially as when he did leave, we really missed him and him us. Hopefully someone or something will spark him back in to the ChurcHillian Keith Hill that is a bloody good football manager, not his alter ego Benny Hill, who is like Mike Bassett on speed!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 09:41 - Jan 18 with 4160 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 09:21 - Jan 18 by James1980

In the recent Hill interview I thought was good bar the mention of sacrifices. Hill mentioned those sacrifices were forgoing moves to other clubs, due to how he feels about Rochdale.

He cant help himself James, he has never done a day at Dale that he hasn't been paid for, also he needs to learn the difference between a choice and a sacrifice, as they are very different things.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 09:50 - Jan 18 with 4139 viewsJames1980

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 09:41 - Jan 18 by SteTsGoldenBoot

He cant help himself James, he has never done a day at Dale that he hasn't been paid for, also he needs to learn the difference between a choice and a sacrifice, as they are very different things.

I get the impression he thinks it shows how much he cares about the Rochdale, but unfortunately it gets fans backs up.

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 10:11 - Jan 18 with 4103 viewsnordenblue

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 09:50 - Jan 18 by James1980

I get the impression he thinks it shows how much he cares about the Rochdale, but unfortunately it gets fans backs up.

Making a "sacrifice" for something doesn't automatically equate to a feeling of fondness, he's always spoke about fans like he's some sort of god and we know nothing about the game,the current mess we find ourselves sat in is purely and simply down to one man,it hardly puts him down as a shining light of knowledge on all things football, nor this terrific manager he somehow believes he still is......
Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 10:31 - Jan 18 with 4060 viewsJames1980

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 10:11 - Jan 18 by nordenblue

Making a "sacrifice" for something doesn't automatically equate to a feeling of fondness, he's always spoke about fans like he's some sort of god and we know nothing about the game,the current mess we find ourselves sat in is purely and simply down to one man,it hardly puts him down as a shining light of knowledge on all things football, nor this terrific manager he somehow believes he still is......

I guess it is all down to interpretation. One person might think Hill talks about sacrifices to show he wants to stay at Rochdale. Another might read between the lines, he his saying, you unappreciative fools I given up fantastic opportunities to stay here.

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 11:35 - Jan 18 with 3959 viewsnordenblue

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 10:31 - Jan 18 by James1980

I guess it is all down to interpretation. One person might think Hill talks about sacrifices to show he wants to stay at Rochdale. Another might read between the lines, he his saying, you unappreciative fools I given up fantastic opportunities to stay here.

The simple fact is he's given up not very much to be here and like in the past if he wants to bugger off he will do anyway,he's currently being paid a ridiculous salary for not a great deal in return...

If he wants to know about sacrifices he should step out of the self centred football bubble they all live in and get a normal job earning an average salary for silly hours a week, or if he fancies he can spend a couple of weeks with folk like me getting up at 3am most mornings for work, then we'll talk about some sacrifices in the name of "work", absolute joker
Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 11:54 - Jan 18 with 3922 viewsDaleiLama

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 10:11 - Jan 18 by nordenblue

On the flip side it's debatable whether we'd be in a L1 "mess" (which is far from irretreivable) without Keith. Furthermore, no one gets it right every time. Keith's successes still outnumber his failures. What he has done is alienate a lot of fans due to his comments/attitude and team selections to the point that when we're going through a rough patch he has fans who go against him rather than for him. To some extent you reap what you sow. It's all so unnecessary.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 11:58 - Jan 18 with 3911 viewsBarryStrange

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 09:36 - Jan 18 by SteTsGoldenBoot

With you now having a Chairman who talks good sense (from the bits I have seen) I'd have thought a 2.5 year contract would see off any potential interest in RL. As you say Barry, there is something special going on at Gigg at the minute, so why not see how far you can take that?

You are spot on with Hill, when he left for Barnsley, it was almost a relief as for the want of a better word, he was just being a knob. We seem to be at that point again, which really is a shame.

We all want to love him, but he just doesn't seem to want us to for some reason. Especially as when he did leave, we really missed him and him us. Hopefully someone or something will spark him back in to the ChurcHillian Keith Hill that is a bloody good football manager, not his alter ego Benny Hill, who is like Mike Bassett on speed!

I see your point but I'm not sure a lengthier contract with Ryan works. He spent the whole summer of 2011 trying to engineer a move to Tranmere after signing a new contract and after failing he had left for Sheff Weds before the transfer window shut.

Mind you he's the only person I'd be happy with the offer of a longer contract - by thunder we have enough players we can't shift who were signed on bloody 3 year deals. Do hope he sticks around though - last week was amazing from 2 goals down twice, scoring 4 twice against a higher division team then destroying the best away defence in the division in 20 minutes. If we can get out of FGR with a point we feel like we could beat anyone at Gigg at the moment. So so different to 12 months ago it is unreal.

My problem with Hill is his incessant insistence that he is doing Rochdale a favour just by being there. And you can't be scared of life without him just because FRMSE and Coleman didn't work out. You have a few quid at the moment and a history of producing decent young players - there's no reason another manager couldn't churn out better than you are seeing currently without constantly telling you they are too good for your club. For all he has done wonders twice, it is worth remembering that he was doing nothing but gardening as a failed Barnsley manager before Rochdale took him back. He seems to have forgotten Rochdale has been very good for him too.
Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 12:54 - Jan 18 with 3781 viewspioneer

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 11:58 - Jan 18 by BarryStrange

I see your point but I'm not sure a lengthier contract with Ryan works. He spent the whole summer of 2011 trying to engineer a move to Tranmere after signing a new contract and after failing he had left for Sheff Weds before the transfer window shut.

Mind you he's the only person I'd be happy with the offer of a longer contract - by thunder we have enough players we can't shift who were signed on bloody 3 year deals. Do hope he sticks around though - last week was amazing from 2 goals down twice, scoring 4 twice against a higher division team then destroying the best away defence in the division in 20 minutes. If we can get out of FGR with a point we feel like we could beat anyone at Gigg at the moment. So so different to 12 months ago it is unreal.

My problem with Hill is his incessant insistence that he is doing Rochdale a favour just by being there. And you can't be scared of life without him just because FRMSE and Coleman didn't work out. You have a few quid at the moment and a history of producing decent young players - there's no reason another manager couldn't churn out better than you are seeing currently without constantly telling you they are too good for your club. For all he has done wonders twice, it is worth remembering that he was doing nothing but gardening as a failed Barnsley manager before Rochdale took him back. He seems to have forgotten Rochdale has been very good for him too.

Excellent analysis of the managerial situation at Spotland, even if it does come from t'other side of Heywood.
Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 13:38 - Jan 18 with 3689 viewsnordenblue

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 11:54 - Jan 18 by DaleiLama

On the flip side it's debatable whether we'd be in a L1 "mess" (which is far from irretreivable) without Keith. Furthermore, no one gets it right every time. Keith's successes still outnumber his failures. What he has done is alienate a lot of fans due to his comments/attitude and team selections to the point that when we're going through a rough patch he has fans who go against him rather than for him. To some extent you reap what you sow. It's all so unnecessary.

I agree in general with your post but can't for the life of me think why you'd let someone ruin the previous good work to get to where we are simply because he was good 2 years ago, Jose has won trophy after trophy everywhere hes been yet United weren't too slow to realise the drastic spiral in which he was currently taking the club towards.

Its no knee jerk reaction we're talking about,there's been blatantly massive problems on the pitch and behind the scenes for well over 18 months with no real sign of it being addressed,sadly...
Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 16:07 - Jan 18 with 3457 viewsJames1980

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 13:38 - Jan 18 by nordenblue

I agree in general with your post but can't for the life of me think why you'd let someone ruin the previous good work to get to where we are simply because he was good 2 years ago, Jose has won trophy after trophy everywhere hes been yet United weren't too slow to realise the drastic spiral in which he was currently taking the club towards.

Its no knee jerk reaction we're talking about,there's been blatantly massive problems on the pitch and behind the scenes for well over 18 months with no real sign of it being addressed,sadly...

Three words, Five Year Contract. I would expect is one of the reasons. Plus the board having faith that he will at the very least achieve 20th place
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 16:20]

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 17:01 - Jan 18 with 3353 viewsParkinsGimp

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 20:11 - Jan 17 by rochdaleriddler

They are diluted some people on here arent they LOL , thinking KIm Jung might be in demand?
Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 17:48 - Jan 18 with 3291 viewsJames1980

Lowe favourite for Luton Job on 17:01 - Jan 18 by ParkinsGimp

They are diluted some people on here arent they LOL , thinking KIm Jung might be in demand?

Managerial appointments that have folk scratching their heads are not uncommon in football though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024