Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson 13:33 - Feb 7 with 6336 viewsSaxonDale

Starting for England U17s this afternoon.
Matheson on 15:42 - Feb 7 with 6178 viewsleedsdale

Matheson on 15:58 - Feb 7 with 6126 viewsdingdangblue

Looks like England won 3-2.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matheson on 16:06 - Feb 7 with 6094 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wow.......great stuff for the kid and the Club albeit at U17.

Is that the stadt that young Dan played and scored for Les Anglais?

There's a trend developing here and it's good news for our Academy.

Well done Luke.
Matheson on 16:12 - Feb 7 with 6074 viewsDaleiLama

Team full of Internationals
We're just a team full of Internationals

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Matheson on 16:14 - Feb 7 with 6064 viewsEllDale

Makes you so very proud of our club.
Matheson on 20:04 - Feb 7 with 5690 viewsSuddenLad

When you look at the other members of the squad and see Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City, Benfica and clubs like that whose players are in the squad, then you see Luke as a Dale player, it make you realiise what a special talent he must be and how our academy is becoming recognised as a wonderful environment for young players.

There is a really bright future for these youngsters, whether with us at Dale or in their future careers elsewhere.

The goalkeeper was Louie Moulden from Manchester City. I wonder if he is the son of former Dale (and City) player, Paul Moulden ?

Great result, excellent recognition for Luke and for the club. There must be some very proud people today at Spotland.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Matheson on 20:11 - Feb 7 with 5667 viewsscarrow

The EFL recap this week on the official site has brought back some memories. The reputation Dale has for bringing through youngsters is definitely beneficial for the club. A great job being job by all those involved.

Poll: Final position

Matheson on 20:34 - Feb 7 with 5605 viewsColDale

If Luke is playing u17, then he's playing as an underage player. U16 would be his natural age at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Matheson on 20:38 - Feb 7 with 5596 viewsMolly

Matheson on 20:04 - Feb 7 by SuddenLad

When you look at the other members of the squad and see Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City, Benfica and clubs like that whose players are in the squad, then you see Luke as a Dale player, it make you realiise what a special talent he must be and how our academy is becoming recognised as a wonderful environment for young players.

There is a really bright future for these youngsters, whether with us at Dale or in their future careers elsewhere.

The goalkeeper was Louie Moulden from Manchester City. I wonder if he is the son of former Dale (and City) player, Paul Moulden ?

Great result, excellent recognition for Luke and for the club. There must be some very proud people today at Spotland.

Yes, Louie is Paul Moulden's son.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 20:39]
Matheson on 20:44 - Feb 7 with 5576 viewsSuddenLad

Matheson on 20:38 - Feb 7 by Molly

Thanks. I thought it might be.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Matheson on 13:32 - Feb 12 with 4899 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Matheson on 20:38 - Feb 7 by Molly

Paul Moulden was my first favourite player. I grew up in Blackley and my dad used to take me to Maine Road when I was a puppy. It was around November/December 1986. City were awful and heading towards relegation. The club was crippled with debt incurred in the excesses of the Big Mal era. Billy McNeil, who had performed a minor miracle, the previous season in keeping City up had gone and it was only a sprinkle of grit and genuine quality in Mick McCarthy, Neil Mcnab and Clive Wilson that stopped what was a team of journey men free transfers and not yet ready youngsters from racking up a points total as low as Derby and Sunderland have amassed in the top flight.
Although he’d played a smattering of games, caretaker manager Jimmy Frizzell had nothing to lose in giving the very young Moulden a run in the team. He was nothing short of a revelation.
He banged a number of goals in including one against an excellent, and soon to be Champions, Everton side. City crawled out of the bottom 3 and another unlikely survival looked possible. Unfortunately his injury jinx (he had a four leg breaks as a youngster) reared it’s head and he wasn’t available for the last third of the season. The goals dried up and City were eventually relegated.
He came back from injury 18 months later and fired City to promotion but he’d definitely lost a yard of pace. Although he went on to have a decent second tier career, he never had a chance to fulfill that early potential.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 13:34]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Matheson on 14:50 - Feb 12 with 4786 viewsEllDale

Wasn't Tony Moulden (Paul's dad) a decent player in his own right as well?
Matheson on 15:18 - Feb 12 with 4752 viewsTVOS1907

Matheson on 13:32 - Feb 12 by BigDaveMyCock

Paul Moulden was my first favourite player. I grew up in Blackley and my dad used to take me to Maine Road when I was a puppy. It was around November/December 1986. City were awful and heading towards relegation. The club was crippled with debt incurred in the excesses of the Big Mal era. Billy McNeil, who had performed a minor miracle, the previous season in keeping City up had gone and it was only a sprinkle of grit and genuine quality in Mick McCarthy, Neil Mcnab and Clive Wilson that stopped what was a team of journey men free transfers and not yet ready youngsters from racking up a points total as low as Derby and Sunderland have amassed in the top flight.
Although he’d played a smattering of games, caretaker manager Jimmy Frizzell had nothing to lose in giving the very young Moulden a run in the team. He was nothing short of a revelation.
He banged a number of goals in including one against an excellent, and soon to be Champions, Everton side. City crawled out of the bottom 3 and another unlikely survival looked possible. Unfortunately his injury jinx (he had a four leg breaks as a youngster) reared it’s head and he wasn’t available for the last third of the season. The goals dried up and City were eventually relegated.
He came back from injury 18 months later and fired City to promotion but he’d definitely lost a yard of pace. Although he went on to have a decent second tier career, he never had a chance to fulfill that early potential.

And he scored a hat-trick for Dale in the Auto Windscreens v Darlington.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matheson on 16:07 - Feb 12 with 4692 viewsjoecooke

Matheson on 13:32 - Feb 12 by BigDaveMyCock

Came across him when my lad was at Academies,not a nice fella.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Matheson on 21:41 - Feb 12 with 4437 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Matheson on 14:50 - Feb 12 by EllDale

Wasn't Tony Moulden (Paul's dad) a decent player in his own right as well?

He was apparently. Played for Bury and Dale in the early 60s.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Matheson on 22:01 - Feb 12 with 4395 viewsTVOS1907

Matheson on 21:41 - Feb 12 by BigDaveMyCock

He was apparently. Played for Bury and Dale in the early 60s.

Bit of a brief career though.

Bury: 4 apps/0 goals
Dale: 8 apps/1 goal
Peterborough: 66 apps/9 goals
Notts County: 24 apps/1 goal

TOTAL: 102 apps/11 goals

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matheson on 07:32 - Feb 13 with 4190 viewsEllDale

I seem to think that he suffered a broken leg which effectively finished his career. Or am I thinking of Tony?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024