Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A summer of change? 17:36 - Feb 16 with 8952 viewsChaffRAFC

Depending on which division we're in obviously, I suspect we could see major changes in the summer. Here's a list of the players who are out of contract:

Matt Done
Brad Inman
Jim McNulty
Aaron Morley (May have an extension clause)
Kgosi Ntlhe
Oliver Rathbone (May have an extension clause)
Aaron Wilbraham
Jordan Williams
Jimmy Keohane
Brad Wade (May have an extension clause)

Which only leaves the following contracted:

Calvin Andrew
Daniel Adshead
Callum Camps
Ryan Delaney
Stephen Dooley
Matty Gillam
Ian Henderson
Josh Lillis
MJ Williams
Ryan McLaughlin

If I'm being honest, regardless of division, I'd be releasing most of the players out of contract with the exception of Rathbone. Done could possibly do a job in League Two but hasn't been the same player since we re-signed him and has done nothing to justify being offered a deal.

Obviously, we have no idea about Jimmy Keohane but I wouldn't lose sleep over any of the others leaving.

If my list is incorrect, by all means pull me up on that.

Any one else have any thoughts?

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

A summer of change? on 17:56 - Feb 16 with 5343 viewsShun

Release all apart from Rathbone (signing him up should be our number one piece of business off the pitch between now and summer) and Morley (there’s still a damn good player in there ready to come out, if only Hill would let him). McNulty could possibly provide backup in League Two (although he’s been playing quite well of late next to EEL), and I’ve never seen Keohane or Wade.

Of the players still contracted I’d be quite happy with them, apart from Delaney and Gillam (depending on how he does in Ireland) who I’d be trying to offload.
A summer of change? on 17:59 - Feb 16 with 5333 viewsleedsdale

I’ve got Calvin contracted until 2020 but I think the rest are correct.

I tend to agree with you about the release list, but I would keep Morley too. He needs an opportunity, but is still only young so I can’t imagine his wages will be too high. A real chance to get the squad down to a more manageable size, with a focus on quality over quantity
A summer of change? on 18:03 - Feb 16 with 5315 viewsTVOS1907

A summer of change? on 17:59 - Feb 16 by leedsdale

I’ve got Calvin contracted until 2020 but I think the rest are correct.

I tend to agree with you about the release list, but I would keep Morley too. He needs an opportunity, but is still only young so I can’t imagine his wages will be too high. A real chance to get the squad down to a more manageable size, with a focus on quality over quantity

Yep, Andrew has another season after this one.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A summer of change? on 18:17 - Feb 16 with 5271 viewsTipperaryDale

I would release every player on the list, barring Keohane if he plays well. I honestly wouldn't miss any of those players. Rathbone gets lauded on here, but he's a headless chicken and I wouldn't be too bothered to see him go. Maybe Morley, but Hilly has seen what he has to offer in training and obviously he doesn't rate him.

I would also transfer list Andrew.
A summer of change? on 18:37 - Feb 16 with 5187 viewsjonahwhereru

The number of loan players we had needed when we have our largest squad tells you all you need to know about the the size of the reshaping required.

Assuming we remain in league one I would retain Rathbone (essential if Camps in in a central midfield berth). Hill clearly does not have confidence in any of the rest as he has gone deep into the loan market, so they can all go. If by chance we are safe with games to spare I would play wade and Morley in the remaining matches and tell them to earn a contract or their gone.

If we drop into league 2 then Williams might be worth another year. I expect several of the academy team will get a contract for next season if we drop.

In any event the recruitment needs to improve. Although I was happy enough at the time last year, bar bringing Inman back in.
A summer of change? on 18:39 - Feb 16 with 5179 viewsforeverhopefulDale

A summer of change? on 18:03 - Feb 16 by TVOS1907

Yep, Andrew has another season after this one.

That’s a shame, hopefully someone might come in for him.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

A summer of change? on 19:39 - Feb 16 with 5076 viewsfitzochris

A summer of change? on 18:39 - Feb 16 by foreverhopefulDale

That’s a shame, hopefully someone might come in for him.

There were no takers in January.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

A summer of change? on 19:41 - Feb 16 with 5067 viewsforeverhopefulDale

A summer of change? on 19:39 - Feb 16 by fitzochris

Not surprised either, unless someone did come in for him and were turned down either by the Club or CA.

Login to get fewer ads

A summer of change? on 19:55 - Feb 16 with 5039 views49thseason

Hardly surprising given his scoring record. I don't see how anyone can play so many games up front and score so few goals. I can only think of Paul Tait (3 /47 -1 in 15.6) who was worse, even Sako (3/17 - 1in 5.8) had a better scoring record for us! Andrew has scored (24/165 - 1 in 6.8)
A summer of change? on 19:58 - Feb 16 with 5022 viewsD_Alien

And it seems to have affected his confidence, not that many would think it'd make a noticeable difference!

I'm guessing CA had come to think of Dale as a kind of home, insofar as a pro footballer can think of a club in that way (though Hendo probably does too) and being put in the window will have come as a blow

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A summer of change? on 19:59 - Feb 16 with 5023 viewsfitzochris

A summer of change? on 19:41 - Feb 16 by foreverhopefulDale

Not surprised either, unless someone did come in for him and were turned down either by the Club or CA.

We were actively trying to move him on, so we wouldn’t have turned down anything. His wage was apparently the issue.

A summer of change? on 20:04 - Feb 16 with 4992 viewsdawlishdale

A summer of change? on 19:58 - Feb 16 by D_Alien

And it seems to have affected his confidence, not that many would think it'd make a noticeable difference!

I'm guessing CA had come to think of Dale as a kind of home, insofar as a pro footballer can think of a club in that way (though Hendo probably does too) and being put in the window will have come as a blow

It's been very noticeable that Calvin just hasn't been as keen since Xmas and has looked either tired or disinterested.

Ties in absolutely with Fitz's claim that we were actively trying to offload him, and this, only a few months after Hill giving him an expensive new contract.

If you add this to the poor and expensive signings of Wilbraham and Perkins, plus the signing of glassman Inman and I'd say that our last Summer business was as bad as we've seen for ages.
A summer of change? on 20:07 - Feb 16 with 4984 viewsfitzochris

A summer of change? on 20:04 - Feb 16 by dawlishdale

It's been very noticeable that Calvin just hasn't been as keen since Xmas and has looked either tired or disinterested.

Ties in absolutely with Fitz's claim that we were actively trying to offload him, and this, only a few months after Hill giving him an expensive new contract.

If you add this to the poor and expensive signings of Wilbraham and Perkins, plus the signing of glassman Inman and I'd say that our last Summer business was as bad as we've seen for ages.

It’s not my claim, it’s his agent’s.

A summer of change? on 20:07 - Feb 16 with 4979 viewsdawlishdale

A summer of change? on 20:07 - Feb 16 by fitzochris

It’s not my claim, it’s his agent’s.

Yeah...well you know what I mean...
A summer of change? on 21:06 - Feb 16 with 4854 viewsseasidedale

to be fair we were all happy when the summer signupings where announced, they just havnt worked out for one reason or another, agree though a major over haul is needed
A summer of change? on 04:35 - Feb 17 with 4631 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

A summer of change? on 21:06 - Feb 16 by seasidedale

to be fair we were all happy when the summer signupings where announced, they just havnt worked out for one reason or another, agree though a major over haul is needed

One thing that the list dispels, is the propaganda that Hill peddles about us being a bright young side full of academy players. Certainly a fair old sprinkling of journeymen.

With Hills recent lazy recruitment, I would expect Big Jim, Done to be retained as more than likely we will be in League Two, Joe Bunney will return then which ever of his ex players haven't yet retired, perhaps Buckley and Dagnall.

Hill will then preach how lucky we are to be in League Two and how we are punching above our weight, then rhyme off the budgets that some Conference clubs have.

I guess all we can hope for is for two worse teams than us in the next three years than us, while Hill runs down his contract and the board allow him too.

Drama Queen? Maybe? More than likely a bit closer to the truth than we'd care to admit!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

A summer of change? on 10:09 - Feb 17 with 4458 viewselectricblue

Going to be a tough summer of recruitment regardless which Lge Dale are in....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

A summer of change? on 10:47 - Feb 17 with 4399 viewsmacro

Spot on, last summer the majority were delighted with the acquisitions of Perkins, Wilbraham and Inman. They were welcomed as very positive. Dooley and Finnerty were unknowns. They haven’t worked for whatever reason which has meant 2 consecutive summers of dross. As much as it pains me bury’s recruitment for a change was far better, yes they are still paying ridiculous money to some players who are no where near the team but on the whole their recruitment of a mixture of young and experienced players has proved to be very shrewd.

Of the experienced players out of contract I have wonder whether McNulty might get a deal as he’s gone himself back in the team but I cannot see Wilbraham, Done or Williams getting deals. Inman again would be in the balance but as it stands I wouldn’t be bothered if he left.
A summer of change? on 11:03 - Feb 17 with 4367 viewsTomRAFC

Rathbone needs to be signed up sharpish. Whenever teams look like going down there's always scouts about looking to cherry pick players, and I imagine Rathbone would be one of them.

I'd give Morley an extension as he's young and there's clearly plenty of talent there.

Keohane is a complete unknown. I am still intrigued by Hilly saying he's like Stephen Dawson. Let's see.

With all the goalkeeping shenanigans of this season Wade still hasn't been given a chance. I know he's young but it does make me think he's less likely to be kept on.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

A summer of change? on 11:55 - Feb 17 with 4295 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Not quite sure we were all happy. At least some had reservations about recruitment.

A summer of change? on 11:59 - Feb 17 with 4279 viewsNorthernDale

Did KH not say recently that Brad Wade would be given a new contract in the summer, so he must rate him.

I would keep

O Rathbone - one of our best midfielders
A Morley - a good prospect for the future
J Williams - I would given him a new 1 year contract and because he as shown some promise
J Keohane - it depends on he preforms when he is given a chance.

I would seek to get sign or get on a season long loans

Ethan Banks-Landell and Ethan Hamilton

I can also see us signing Bunney back either permanent or a season long long loan.
A summer of change? on 12:00 - Feb 17 with 4278 viewsdingdangblue

A summer of change? on 04:35 - Feb 17 by SteTsGoldenBoot

One thing that the list dispels, is the propaganda that Hill peddles about us being a bright young side full of academy players. Certainly a fair old sprinkling of journeymen.

With Hills recent lazy recruitment, I would expect Big Jim, Done to be retained as more than likely we will be in League Two, Joe Bunney will return then which ever of his ex players haven't yet retired, perhaps Buckley and Dagnall.

Hill will then preach how lucky we are to be in League Two and how we are punching above our weight, then rhyme off the budgets that some Conference clubs have.

I guess all we can hope for is for two worse teams than us in the next three years than us, while Hill runs down his contract and the board allow him too.

Drama Queen? Maybe? More than likely a bit closer to the truth than we'd care to admit!

As bad as it all seems there are still currently a good few teams worse than us.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 12:32]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

A summer of change? on 12:34 - Feb 17 with 4204 viewskel

A summer of change? on 12:00 - Feb 17 by dingdangblue

As bad as it all seems there are still currently a good few teams worse than us.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 12:32]

It’s heartening that you finally got his post on your third attempt 😉
A summer of change? on 12:36 - Feb 17 with 4197 viewsdingdangblue

A summer of change? on 12:34 - Feb 17 by kel

It’s heartening that you finally got his post on your third attempt 😉

It's heartening that you are still obsessed x
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 12:37]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

A summer of change? on 12:38 - Feb 17 with 4183 viewskel

A summer of change? on 12:36 - Feb 17 by dingdangblue

It's heartening that you are still obsessed x
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 12:37]

Not as obsessed as you are about trying to come across as the board smart arse.

I don’t know, I even tried being nice by adding a smiley and you still get all sensitive.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 12:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024