Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What to think? 21:02 - Mar 4 with 3379 viewsjudd

Gutted to see Keith Hill leave. Things have been crap on the pitch for the 2nd season, but I firmly believe that us competing at this level for so long is down to him.

So, who pulled the trigger? I have the utmost respect and I emphasise that, for the board members who have previously delivered 2 promotions, Wembley, the stadium purchase etc., but what of the new appointments? How were they involved?
I know the statement was issued in the name of the chairman. Hmmm.
So, our greatest ever manager may have been removed by a wholly inexperienced, brand new board that has not had full shareholder approval.
We have the human equivalent of japanese knotweed fronting everything, a finger in too many pies. No doubt an unblemished and highly successful career in managing diverse businesses, owning them maybe? In that, we can trust? Truth will out. Diary entry ejaculated into the Dale community Willy nilly.

Good luck with Keith's replacement. You've set the level of expectation now, so you'd best deliver.

KHBA

Poll: What is it to be then?

What to think? on 21:06 - Mar 4 with 2462 viewssweetcorn

I’ve found myself getting more pissed off as the day has gone on.. feels like a serious own goal not to at least give Hill the chance to completely play out and just get rid of him (which in my opinion is) prematurely.

This has a serious chance of blowing up in their face if they get the next appointment wrong. Lets hope they know what they’re doing.

KHBA.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

What to think? on 21:16 - Mar 4 with 2363 viewsSuddenLad

As Judd says, the mark has now been set. Unless we see continual improvement from where we are now, it will have been a crass act of footballing suicide.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

What to think? on 21:25 - Mar 4 with 2307 viewsDaleiLama

It is a new low point in almost two seasons featuring many low points whilst occasionally being punctuated with euphoria. The concern is that we can and could go lower. This amputation was deemed necessary to stop the gangrene spreading, but if it wasn't coming from the limb that's been amputated, we ain't seen nothing yet. And frankly, nothing I've yet seen or heard gives me confidence that we have.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

What to think? on 21:29 - Mar 4 with 2263 viewsrochdale_ranger

What to think? on 21:06 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

I’ve found myself getting more pissed off as the day has gone on.. feels like a serious own goal not to at least give Hill the chance to completely play out and just get rid of him (which in my opinion is) prematurely.

This has a serious chance of blowing up in their face if they get the next appointment wrong. Lets hope they know what they’re doing.

KHBA.

Very true a steve Eyre-esque appointment wont go down well.
What to think? on 21:33 - Mar 4 with 2216 viewssweetcorn

We don’t exactly have a good history of appointing managers either, we’ve had 1 (possibly 2 at a push if you count parkin’s first spell) in the near 20 years i’ve been following Rochdale, so i’m not overly confident.

What to think? on 21:38 - Mar 4 with 2169 viewsfitzochris

What to think? on 21:33 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

We don’t exactly have a good history of appointing managers either, we’ve had 1 (possibly 2 at a push if you count parkin’s first spell) in the near 20 years i’ve been following Rochdale, so i’m not overly confident.

Parkin and John Hollins were very good appointments.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

What to think? on 21:41 - Mar 4 with 2139 views49thseason

Given the situation at Bolton today, we could have Parkin back for the third time shortly.
What to think? on 21:41 - Mar 4 with 2139 viewsmidlandsdale

What to think? on 21:25 - Mar 4 by DaleiLama

It is a new low point in almost two seasons featuring many low points whilst occasionally being punctuated with euphoria. The concern is that we can and could go lower. This amputation was deemed necessary to stop the gangrene spreading, but if it wasn't coming from the limb that's been amputated, we ain't seen nothing yet. And frankly, nothing I've yet seen or heard gives me confidence that we have.

Whilst there is always uncertainty at the time of change, the new board will stand or fall (maybe) by their decisions. We were blessed to have Mr D for so long as a steady and committed Chair who only had the clubs well being at heart. Hill delivered the best 10 years in the clubs history but as in many companies and businesses, it couldn't go on forever. He couldn't keep delivering miracles on a shoestring and I think in the end he just lost the motivation. Constant pressure to deliver eventually takes its toll and its a battle too many sometimes.
Login to get fewer ads

What to think? on 21:43 - Mar 4 with 2104 viewssweetcorn

What to think? on 21:38 - Mar 4 by fitzochris

Parkin and John Hollins were very good appointments.

I said near 20 years. Parkin was the manager when I first started watching rochdale.

Parkin did well if you look at where we finished, BUT can’t help feeling we should have done better with the team we had and how the season panned out.

What to think? on 21:44 - Mar 4 with 2099 viewsrochdaleriddler

What to think? on 21:41 - Mar 4 by 49thseason

Given the situation at Bolton today, we could have Parkin back for the third time shortly.

Parkin and Parkinson has a ring to it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

What to think? on 21:45 - Mar 4 with 2085 viewsjudd

What to think? on 21:44 - Mar 4 by rochdaleriddler

Don't talk about "ring" on here

What to think? on 21:46 - Mar 4 with 2063 viewssweetcorn

What to think? on 21:44 - Mar 4 by rochdaleriddler

I thought you were after good football under the new manager? Need to look somewhere other than parkinson if that’s the case..

What to think? on 21:49 - Mar 4 with 2018 viewsSuddenLad

What to think? on 21:41 - Mar 4 by midlandsdale

Whilst there is always uncertainty at the time of change, the new board will stand or fall (maybe) by their decisions. We were blessed to have Mr D for so long as a steady and committed Chair who only had the clubs well being at heart. Hill delivered the best 10 years in the clubs history but as in many companies and businesses, it couldn't go on forever. He couldn't keep delivering miracles on a shoestring and I think in the end he just lost the motivation. Constant pressure to deliver eventually takes its toll and its a battle too many sometimes.

He didn't lose the motivation, he lost the players he needed to do the job effectively. I doubt that there's one player in that dressing room who is clapping their hands at this decision.

What to think? on 21:50 - Mar 4 with 2017 viewsfitzochris

What to think? on 21:43 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

I said near 20 years. Parkin was the manager when I first started watching rochdale.

Parkin did well if you look at where we finished, BUT can’t help feeling we should have done better with the team we had and how the season panned out.

He jumped ship before we could truly find out. Hollins was very impressive for the rest of that season... until he got his fax.

What to think? on 21:50 - Mar 4 with 2004 viewsrochdaleriddler

What to think? on 21:46 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

I thought you were after good football under the new manager? Need to look somewhere other than parkinson if that’s the case..

I wasn’t advocating his appointment, always thought he was a prick !, I was just amused by Parkin and Parkin (son) sorry I was bored after watching the steel derby

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

What to think? on 21:51 - Mar 4 with 1993 viewsjudd

What to think? on 21:50 - Mar 4 by fitzochris

He jumped ship before we could truly find out. Hollins was very impressive for the rest of that season... until he got his fax.

He wouldn't grow facial hair though

What to think? on 21:52 - Mar 4 with 1973 viewsfitzochris

What to think? on 21:51 - Mar 4 by judd

He wouldn't grow facial hair though

He was still fantashtic.

What to think? on 22:00 - Mar 4 with 1894 viewsjudd

What to think? on 21:41 - Mar 4 by midlandsdale

It's the timing that gets me.

4 days after the latest bombastic bollox from SLT, issued 2 days before we played away at the league leaders with an impeccable home record. The ultimate free hit.

There has been, for 3 years, a blindly driven obsession with change everything.

What to think? on 23:42 - Mar 4 with 1677 viewsdingdangblue

What to think? on 22:00 - Mar 4 by judd

It's the timing that gets me.

4 days after the latest bombastic bollox from SLT, issued 2 days before we played away at the league leaders with an impeccable home record. The ultimate free hit.

There has been, for 3 years, a blindly driven obsession with change everything.

Yes I cant get the timing. Unless something has gone on during the trip to Luton or yesterday. If the board have made the decision with a view to staying in league 1 then they've left it late with 11 games to go - unless they really think the only way of possibly beating Shrewsbury then Oxford is without Hill (based on our terrible home record).Looking beyond the 11 games and we most probably go down then surely someone who has a proven track record of performing in league 2 as good as Hill should have been given until at least the first half of next season? I fully expect him to go away now - have a bit of a break to recharge his batteries and come back elsewhere and have success.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

What to think? on 07:52 - Mar 5 with 1422 viewsaleanddale

The timing is horrific.

"the players need a new voice on matchday"

WTF - has BBM been a mute all these seasons then.

Hill deserved the chance to pull another rabbit. We probably still would have been relegated but only a serious upturn in form ( immediate ) will ultimately prove the board correct.
What to think? on 07:56 - Mar 5 with 1410 viewsEllDale

If the axe was going to fall it should have been a couple of months ago.
What to think? on 08:06 - Mar 5 with 1381 viewsrochdaleriddler

What to think? on 07:52 - Mar 5 by aleanddale

The timing is horrific.

"the players need a new voice on matchday"

WTF - has BBM been a mute all these seasons then.

Hill deserved the chance to pull another rabbit. We probably still would have been relegated but only a serious upturn in form ( immediate ) will ultimately prove the board correct.

Maybe something occurred which forced them to act

What to think? on 08:27 - Mar 5 with 1316 viewsMoonyDale

What to think? on 08:06 - Mar 5 by rochdaleriddler

Maybe something occurred which forced them to act

In his interview after the Luton game he alluded to some home truths being aired over the previous week, now maybe they were aired to the players or just maybe to certain board members..... I'm sure new will leak out eventually..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

What to think? on 08:32 - Mar 5 with 1289 viewsdingdangblue

What to think? on 07:56 - Mar 5 by EllDale

If the axe was going to fall it should have been a couple of months ago.

Dunphy leaving now looks like the beginning of the end for Hill at Dale. I don't believe Dunphy would have sacked Hill regardless of the poor results this season. Makes it worse now good players went in January rather than Hill - and now we have neither. Then obviously there is the bizarre statement last week backing the manager to the hilt - only to sack him after losing a game we were never likely to win. Unless there is a very good appointment before Saturday then frankly I have very little trust left in the new regime running our club.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

What to think? on 09:58 - Mar 5 with 1156 viewsSuddenLad

What to think? on 08:32 - Mar 5 by dingdangblue

Dunphy leaving now looks like the beginning of the end for Hill at Dale. I don't believe Dunphy would have sacked Hill regardless of the poor results this season. Makes it worse now good players went in January rather than Hill - and now we have neither. Then obviously there is the bizarre statement last week backing the manager to the hilt - only to sack him after losing a game we were never likely to win. Unless there is a very good appointment before Saturday then frankly I have very little trust left in the new regime running our club.

I never had any trust in them. Professional people behaving like this is a recipe for commercial disaster. Another decade in the wilderness probably follows. The club has been hijacked by cowboys and we've already reached Boot Hill.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024