Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weather 08:53 - Mar 12 with 9556 viewselectricblue

The weather is supposed to get worse with more heavy rain n gales later in the day and during the evening possibilities the game could either be called off or abandoned if the game goes ahead.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Weather on 08:59 - Mar 12 with 6573 viewsDaleiLama

Coincidentally just looking on beeb website prior to reading this.

Be amazed if it doesn't rain during the game, but shouldn't be as heavy as it's been and a relatively mild breeze but no gale force winds. May not be conducive to "BBM football" but should be playable would be my guess.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2639272
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 9:01]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Weather on 09:26 - Mar 12 with 6472 viewsaleanddale

With the tent cover on until tea time we should be ok.

Not ideal the conditions and it might boil down to attitude and who wants it most in strong winds and rain lashing down.

It could make for a memorable night!!

The players looked really up for it at FT on Saturday hope we are equally up and at em later!.
Weather on 10:13 - Mar 12 with 6360 viewshammerdale

Weather on 09:26 - Mar 12 by aleanddale

With the tent cover on until tea time we should be ok.

Not ideal the conditions and it might boil down to attitude and who wants it most in strong winds and rain lashing down.

It could make for a memorable night!!

The players looked really up for it at FT on Saturday hope we are equally up and at em later!.

Surely with gails and heavy winds forecast ( a lot stronger than Sunday ) It will be impossible to get the covers off or put up the posts safely. Health and Safety for our groundstaff is paramount.
Weather on 10:41 - Mar 12 with 6283 viewsDaleiLama

Weather on 10:13 - Mar 12 by hammerdale

Surely with gails and heavy winds forecast ( a lot stronger than Sunday ) It will be impossible to get the covers off or put up the posts safely. Health and Safety for our groundstaff is paramount.

Open the link above hammerdale. Max wind speed 15mph. I've done worse farts than that. Our HSE manager should be fully confident the ground staff will be safe. The gales were only a problem on Sunday

Weather on 11:11 - Mar 12 with 6185 viewshammerdale

Weather on 10:41 - Mar 12 by DaleiLama

Open the link above hammerdale. Max wind speed 15mph. I've done worse farts than that. Our HSE manager should be fully confident the ground staff will be safe. The gales were only a problem on Sunday

Windspeed was Nil at 1.30 pm on Sunday
Weather on 11:15 - Mar 12 with 6165 viewsfitzochris

Weather on 11:11 - Mar 12 by hammerdale

Windspeed was Nil at 1.30 pm on Sunday

Are you sure? There was certainly a lot of hot air.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Weather on 11:24 - Mar 12 with 6133 viewsDaleiLama

Weather on 11:15 - Mar 12 by fitzochris

Are you sure? There was certainly a lot of hot air.

Not just under our new balloon either!

Weather on 11:32 - Mar 12 with 6090 viewsRAFC_1990

Get over it mate, least of all expect a positive reaction on the Rochdale FOOTBALL club forum. I am glad Hornets ponsy game was postponed and I bet 90% of others on here are.

I bet we would save more money than rent received by not having to constanly relay the pitch if we just got rid of them.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Login to get fewer ads

Weather on 12:15 - Mar 12 with 5967 viewselectricblue

Weather on 11:32 - Mar 12 by RAFC_1990

Get over it mate, least of all expect a positive reaction on the Rochdale FOOTBALL club forum. I am glad Hornets ponsy game was postponed and I bet 90% of others on here are.

I bet we would save more money than rent received by not having to constanly relay the pitch if we just got rid of them.

Are you implying that the egg chasers are responsible for ruining the hallowed turf!

Now over the year we have had this on many many topics about the pitch and the eggers...
But im sure somebody once dispelled the belief that the eggers where ruining the turf...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Weather on 12:49 - Mar 12 with 5867 viewsLS27Rdale

This forum doesnt change does it?
Full of bu(( shit and fake news.

The pitch has gone downhill since Oli Makin left.
Fcuk all to do with the rugby.

Glad to see Rochdale people still support other Rochdale teams..
Weather on 13:00 - Mar 12 with 5818 viewsMoonyDale

I see your sarcasm hasn't improved at all, take your egg shaped ball and go kick about on Baldy Park where you belong....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Weather on 13:08 - Mar 12 with 5783 viewspioneer

Weather on 12:49 - Mar 12 by LS27Rdale

This forum doesnt change does it?
Full of bu(( shit and fake news.

The pitch has gone downhill since Oli Makin left.
Fcuk all to do with the rugby.

Glad to see Rochdale people still support other Rochdale teams..

Its all those keith hill huggers who took everything he said - seem to overlook the fact that we played like crap long before the rugby season started. Maybe the hornets haters could all show up at the AGM and let the directors know you want the club to break a legally enforceable agreement.
Weather on 13:22 - Mar 12 with 5704 viewsmingthemerciless

Weather on 13:08 - Mar 12 by pioneer

Its all those keith hill huggers who took everything he said - seem to overlook the fact that we played like crap long before the rugby season started. Maybe the hornets haters could all show up at the AGM and let the directors know you want the club to break a legally enforceable agreement.

The pitch has fallen apart at this time of year too often for it to be just down to the rugby. For Hornets the season has only just started. In my opinion there is some underlying problem that hasn't been dealt with in spite of all the money spent. I know next to nothing about pitches but the drainage doesn't seem to working properly, especially down the main stand side.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 13:23]
Weather on 13:54 - Mar 12 with 5585 viewsMass_Debater

Weather on 13:08 - Mar 12 by pioneer

No surprise which side you’ve come down on.

Who mentioned anything about performances?
Weather on 14:07 - Mar 12 with 5538 viewsnordenblue

Weather on 13:22 - Mar 12 by mingthemerciless

The pitch has fallen apart at this time of year too often for it to be just down to the rugby. For Hornets the season has only just started. In my opinion there is some underlying problem that hasn't been dealt with in spite of all the money spent. I know next to nothing about pitches but the drainage doesn't seem to working properly, especially down the main stand side.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 13:23]

I'm not expert either,but the side down the main stand may suffer with not getting enough sun/light/wind etc to dry the pitch as well as other areas too causing it to swamp more than the rest of the pitch, meaning this could be a continual issue
Weather on 14:52 - Mar 12 with 5437 viewsDaleiLama

Weather on 14:07 - Mar 12 by nordenblue

I'm not expert either,but the side down the main stand may suffer with not getting enough sun/light/wind etc to dry the pitch as well as other areas too causing it to swamp more than the rest of the pitch, meaning this could be a continual issue

Sitting in the main stand, I can testify there is no shortage of wind at some home games (and not just from the crowd either) but your point is well made about the sun. Whatever happened to the cannabis lamps anyway?

Weather on 15:09 - Mar 12 with 5398 viewshammerdale

Weather on 13:00 - Mar 12 by MoonyDale

I see your sarcasm hasn't improved at all, take your egg shaped ball and go kick about on Baldy Park where you belong....

Bloody hell I have ruffled a feather......for your informatio I follow both codes and will be at Spotland tonight hoping for a Dale win I spent a day last May in the Canaries getting drunk on the strength of Joe Thompson's goal against Charlton and although I neither watch Hornets or Dale every game I want them both to do well

Hornets do pay a peppercorn rent to Rochdale . everyone I know connected with Hornets will always be grateful to Chris Dunphy.....whoever you support the circumstances of Sunday was unacceptable. End of...
Weather on 16:03 - Mar 12 with 5236 viewsMoonyDale

Weather on 15:09 - Mar 12 by hammerdale

Bloody hell I have ruffled a feather......for your informatio I follow both codes and will be at Spotland tonight hoping for a Dale win I spent a day last May in the Canaries getting drunk on the strength of Joe Thompson's goal against Charlton and although I neither watch Hornets or Dale every game I want them both to do well

Hornets do pay a peppercorn rent to Rochdale . everyone I know connected with Hornets will always be grateful to Chris Dunphy.....whoever you support the circumstances of Sunday was unacceptable. End of...

Only in your opinion, not as a matter of fact. End of.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Weather on 16:12 - Mar 12 with 5198 viewsmingthemerciless

Weather on 14:52 - Mar 12 by DaleiLama

Sitting in the main stand, I can testify there is no shortage of wind at some home games (and not just from the crowd either) but your point is well made about the sun. Whatever happened to the cannabis lamps anyway?

Yep, sitting in the main stand it's invariably cold and windy. The lack of sunlight in winter time on the area we are discussing will be part of the problem but the stand was there long before these drainage problems arose.

I'm old enough to remember both playing and watching football in the old days and by the end of March some pitches had a mostly grassless flattened diamond shape to them that went from the goalmouth out to the wings and back to the other goalmouth. Are we expecting too much from the pitches these days ?
Weather on 16:31 - Mar 12 with 5123 viewsDaleiLama

Weather on 16:12 - Mar 12 by mingthemerciless

Yep, sitting in the main stand it's invariably cold and windy. The lack of sunlight in winter time on the area we are discussing will be part of the problem but the stand was there long before these drainage problems arose.

I'm old enough to remember both playing and watching football in the old days and by the end of March some pitches had a mostly grassless flattened diamond shape to them that went from the goalmouth out to the wings and back to the other goalmouth. Are we expecting too much from the pitches these days ?

One comment to make - weather globally is getting more extreme. Beast from the East last year, nearly 22C this year in Feb.

And before anyone starts on the winter of 63, I was 3 so don't remember it!

Weather on 16:42 - Mar 12 with 5075 views49thseason

I'm not convinced that these companies that carry out the pitch repairs actually realise how wet the weather is here in Rochdale. I recall my dad telling me that when they started to build the M62 over the tops from Rakewood, none of the engineers believed the amount of water in the rain guages was rainfall and were convinced people had been topping them up. They started building in the summer and had to pack up in the middle of winter, conditions were so bad, when they returned, over a mile of road had slipped down the side of the hill and had to be rebuilt.
I wouldnt discount rebuilding the whole subsurface of the pitch at some stage to put in unprecedented quantities of drains including widening main drains to ensure it runs away successfully. Its a huge undertaking but probably the only solution that will fix the ongoing problems.
Weather on 16:49 - Mar 12 with 5048 viewshammerdale

Weather on 16:03 - Mar 12 by MoonyDale

Only in your opinion, not as a matter of fact. End of.

A deal
Weather on 22:50 - Mar 12 with 4666 viewsmingthemerciless

Weather on 16:31 - Mar 12 by DaleiLama

One comment to make - weather globally is getting more extreme. Beast from the East last year, nearly 22C this year in Feb.

And before anyone starts on the winter of 63, I was 3 so don't remember it!

It's funny you should say that. My first league game watching the Dale was against Crewe on a snow covered pitch on the 29th of December 1962. The next Dale home game ------ March the 5th 1963 against Gillingham !
How they paid the wages with no income for 9 weeks I'll never know. Probably the Bank of Fred.
Was it cold ? Well I'd just started a paper round that Christmas - it was cold !
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 22:56]
Weather on 23:16 - Mar 12 with 4620 viewshammerdale

Weather on 22:50 - Mar 12 by mingthemerciless

It's funny you should say that. My first league game watching the Dale was against Crewe on a snow covered pitch on the 29th of December 1962. The next Dale home game ------ March the 5th 1963 against Gillingham !
How they paid the wages with no income for 9 weeks I'll never know. Probably the Bank of Fred.
Was it cold ? Well I'd just started a paper round that Christmas - it was cold !
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 22:56]

In between the Crewe and Gillingham games I went to Boundary Park. On a snow filled pitch we lost 5-1, Ronnie Cairns scored our goal. If I remember rightly, Colin Whitaker who they signed from Dale got a couple for Oldham .We had a good side that season
Weather on 07:36 - Mar 13 with 4464 viewsEllDale

I don't know about Dale but several football teams went to Blackpool during that period in desperation to train on the beach.
In those days teams trained at the ground which was obviously unfit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024