Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Delaney 17:37 - Nov 10 with 5686 viewsinthenet

I think we need to bring back Delaney to give us a back up in the centre of defence.
We looked so lacking today in that area.

Rastrickblue

Delaney on 17:42 - Nov 10 with 4213 viewsNathaniel82

Don’t know if we can. Might not be in the agreement for us to be able.
Delaney on 17:46 - Nov 10 with 4202 viewsinthenet

Delaney on 17:42 - Nov 10 by Nathaniel82

Don’t know if we can. Might not be in the agreement for us to be able.

Another cock up by the club !

Rastrickblue

Delaney on 19:38 - Nov 10 with 3979 viewsDickydaler

We really do not need Delaney!
Delaney on 21:46 - Nov 10 with 3847 viewsShun

Delaney would be a step backwards. EOC and McShane are a great partnership and the back four’s looked pretty solid since that partnership has been about. If McShane’s out for a while then McLaughlin’s return as well as Matheson’s rise means we can put Keohane in central defence aside EOC. He had one of his best games of the season playing there earlier.

Delaney’s Dale career is done, in my opinion.
Delaney on 21:49 - Nov 10 with 3844 viewsAtThePeake

Delaney on 21:46 - Nov 10 by Shun

Delaney would be a step backwards. EOC and McShane are a great partnership and the back four’s looked pretty solid since that partnership has been about. If McShane’s out for a while then McLaughlin’s return as well as Matheson’s rise means we can put Keohane in central defence aside EOC. He had one of his best games of the season playing there earlier.

Agreed. We've got 3 centre-backs out injured at the moment, that can happen and it's unlucky. MJ doesn't belong there but would I swap him for Delaney in the starting XI for next weekend? No.

Tangled up in blue.

Delaney on 22:11 - Nov 10 with 3778 viewsTVOS1907

Delaney on 21:46 - Nov 10 by Shun

Plus, Delaney is also currently injured and the terms of the loan mean we can't recall him anyway, possibly because it might be part of a deal to transfer him in January (which is pure speculation on my part).

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Delaney on 23:36 - Nov 10 with 3673 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Delaney on 19:38 - Nov 10 by Dickydaler

We really do not need Delaney!

If that's the case,why is the CEO not busting a gut to get shut of him?

Surely there must be enough nous within the Club to strike up a deal with the Dons to mutual satisfaction and off load another drain on our budget?

Perhaps with the coppers that saves, we can source a willing forward......?
Delaney on 23:44 - Nov 10 with 3663 viewsNigeriamark

Delaney on 23:36 - Nov 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Surely there must be enough nous within the Club to strike up a deal with the Dons to mutual satisfaction and off load another drain on our budget?

Who's to say he isn't? As well as Lillis, Andrew & perhaps another one or two, if no-one wants them or they are not prepared to go then we are stuck with them
Login to get fewer ads

Delaney on 23:49 - Nov 10 with 3659 viewsTVOS1907

We can’t ‘get shut’ of a contracted player in November!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 23:56]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Delaney on 23:53 - Nov 10 with 3655 viewsAtThePeake

Perhaps he is, we don't know. Perhaps Wimbledon wanted to bring him in on loan and get a proper look at him before committing to a contract.

Tangled up in blue.

Delaney on 07:36 - Nov 11 with 3506 viewsEllDale

Delaney hasn't got the skillset to play the way that BBM wants us to play.
Just as you wouldn't have expected Niall Canavan for example to play football.
They're a different type of centre-half.
If his style suits Wimbledon then fair enough.
There's no crisis as long as McShane stays fit.
There was speculation yesterday that perhaps he has some sort of gentleman's agreement that he won't become cuptied but he did limp off last Tuesday and perhaps needed a break anyway.
He's played a lot of football for a bloke who had barely played for 14 months before signing for Dale.
if he's not fit then Keohane should step in with either Matheson or McLaughlin playing at rightback if you ask me.
Delaney on 11:36 - Nov 11 with 3344 viewsChaffRAFC

We don't need Delaney back. He was absolutely woeful all last season and would be a big step backwards.

O'Connell has been superb and McShane has been excellent next to him thus far. I'd sooner MJ played there than Delaney and we've got McNulty and Magloire back in a a matter of a few weeks.

As for the YorkshireDale comment about the CEO moving him on. It's only the CEO's job IF the manager wants that. Maybe BBM wants to assess the situation after Delaney has had a loan spell away from the club. If and when BBM decides he doesn't want the player then we'll make the effort to move him on I'm sure.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Delaney on 11:47 - Nov 11 with 3315 viewstodmordendale

Well said Chaff.
I am unable to understand the clamour for the return of Delaney.
His form last season was, indeed, poor.
Hopefully, some loan game time, another year older, added maturity and a little porking up, he may prove useful next year. Not at the moment.
Delaney on 12:06 - Nov 11 with 3278 viewsrichfoad32

Delaney on 11:47 - Nov 11 by todmordendale

Well said Chaff.
I am unable to understand the clamour for the return of Delaney.
His form last season was, indeed, poor.
Hopefully, some loan game time, another year older, added maturity and a little porking up, he may prove useful next year. Not at the moment.

Hardly a clamour. The OP suggested it and 95% of replies have been dissenting.

EllDale has it spot on, Delaney is adequate as a head it and kick it away centre half, but looking like a rabbit caught in headlights any time the ball is anywhere in your vicinity is not going to cut it the way BBM wants to play.
Delaney on 12:50 - Nov 11 with 3150 viewsjudd

Delaney on 11:36 - Nov 11 by ChaffRAFC

We don't need Delaney back. He was absolutely woeful all last season and would be a big step backwards.

O'Connell has been superb and McShane has been excellent next to him thus far. I'd sooner MJ played there than Delaney and we've got McNulty and Magloire back in a a matter of a few weeks.

As for the YorkshireDale comment about the CEO moving him on. It's only the CEO's job IF the manager wants that. Maybe BBM wants to assess the situation after Delaney has had a loan spell away from the club. If and when BBM decides he doesn't want the player then we'll make the effort to move him on I'm sure.

Variation on a theme, but do you think that is how Adshead's departure came about?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Delaney on 13:47 - Nov 11 with 3048 viewsChaffRAFC

Delaney on 12:50 - Nov 11 by judd

Variation on a theme, but do you think that is how Adshead's departure came about?

Would imagine that came through the players agent who will have seen a England under 19 international, wanted by/linked to the biggest clubs in the country and even in Europe, wanting a better move for his client and we'll have happily cashed in, for nowhere near what other clubs will have held out for.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Delaney on 13:55 - Nov 11 with 3036 viewsjudd

Delaney on 13:47 - Nov 11 by ChaffRAFC

Would imagine that came through the players agent who will have seen a England under 19 international, wanted by/linked to the biggest clubs in the country and even in Europe, wanting a better move for his client and we'll have happily cashed in, for nowhere near what other clubs will have held out for.

Hmmm.

We've just had a young player linked to a big club in Manchester as well as Man Utd and he signed a contract with us.

I suppose you cannot believe everything that you read.

Delaney on 14:00 - Nov 11 with 3025 viewsShun

Delaney on 13:55 - Nov 11 by judd

Hmmm.

We've just had a young player linked to a big club in Manchester as well as Man Utd and he signed a contract with us.

I suppose you cannot believe everything that you read.

Pray share your thoughts!
Delaney on 14:13 - Nov 11 with 3004 viewsjudd

Delaney on 14:00 - Nov 11 by Shun

Pray share your thoughts!

Man Utd are less of a decent proposition than Man City.

Delaney on 17:25 - Nov 11 with 2870 viewsinthenet

Delaney on 11:36 - Nov 11 by ChaffRAFC

I know he’s not the best but if we only have 1 for centre half and Jims out and McShane gets a offer elsewhere who do we put in there ?

Rastrickblue

Delaney on 17:32 - Nov 11 with 2850 viewsfinberty

Delaney on 17:25 - Nov 11 by inthenet

I know he’s not the best but if we only have 1 for centre half and Jims out and McShane gets a offer elsewhere who do we put in there ?

I don't think it matters beyond the ability to fanny about in our own box, pointlessly, whilst the crowd holds its collective breath in fear/horror/trepidation. The ability to boot into row Z is very much a secondary requirement.
Delaney on 17:53 - Nov 11 with 2808 viewsD_Alien

Delaney on 17:32 - Nov 11 by finberty

I don't think it matters beyond the ability to fanny about in our own box, pointlessly, whilst the crowd holds its collective breath in fear/horror/trepidation. The ability to boot into row Z is very much a secondary requirement.

"I don't think it matters beyond the ability to fanny about in our own box, pointlessly, whilst the crowd holds its collective breath in fear/horror/trepidation."

Couldn't have put it better myself

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Delaney on 19:16 - Nov 11 with 2708 viewstruenorth

Delaney on 17:46 - Nov 10 by inthenet

Another cock up by the club !

More jump-on-the-bandwagon club-bashing.
Zzzzzzzzz

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Delaney on 19:25 - Nov 11 with 2687 viewsAtThePeake

Delaney on 17:25 - Nov 11 by inthenet

Magloire

Tangled up in blue.

Delaney on 19:44 - Nov 11 with 2639 viewsNorthernDale

We need to get McShane under contract until the summer, why was he missing on Sunday, as BBM said anything.

I would not recall Delaney, in fact I would try to sell him to Wimbledon, we still need cover at CD and LB, so we need BBM to start looking around for cover, besides a striker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024