Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up Front against Bolton 16:55 - Oct 15 with 3448 viewsNigeriamark

KH seems to have stabalised Bolton to some degree from getting a hammering every week. However they have only scored 2 league games the whole season ( 10 games)

No game is easy but I would like to see Wilbraham and Hendo tried as 2 front men this weekend. Plenty of players good enough remaining to handle the Bolton forward threat and with Hendo on a hot run we may hopefully see Wilbraham bag to build his confidence. Although he tried hard, playing him out wide is just a waste
Up Front against Bolton on 17:10 - Oct 15 with 3408 viewsYouTubeDale

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution...what a waste.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Up Front against Bolton on 17:52 - Oct 15 with 3320 viewsYouTubeDale

Another header will do...

Up Front against Bolton on 19:52 - Oct 15 with 3155 viewsAtThePeake

I just don't think Wilbraham is good enough.

We shouldn't have signed him at all given his record at his previous two clubs and to give him another year when his contribution last year was limited to 4 or 5 decent performances when things were going well as a whole at the end of the season was one of the few decisions I think BBM has got wrong so far.

Perhaps he felt Wilbraham could fill a place in the squad if he managed to shift Calvin on in the transfer window? It doesn't make sense to have either of them in the squad to me but it especially doesn't make sense to have both.

Tangled up in blue.

Up Front against Bolton on 20:49 - Oct 15 with 3081 views442Dale

Up Front against Bolton on 19:52 - Oct 15 by AtThePeake

We shouldn't have signed him at all given his record at his previous two clubs and to give him another year when his contribution last year was limited to 4 or 5 decent performances when things were going well as a whole at the end of the season was one of the few decisions I think BBM has got wrong so far.

Perhaps he felt Wilbraham could fill a place in the squad if he managed to shift Calvin on in the transfer window? It doesn't make sense to have either of them in the squad to me but it especially doesn't make sense to have both.

Can’t disagree with much of that. Despite the odd decent display I’ve seen nothing from him that makes him stand out, though admittedly his influence within the squad may be vital.

He’ll probably score on Saturday but still won’t convince it means he was deserving of a new deal.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Up Front against Bolton on 21:08 - Oct 15 with 3041 viewsfitzochris

Up Front against Bolton on 19:52 - Oct 15 by AtThePeake

Good to see you back, ATP.

Your observations are spot on. The old management tried to move Calvin on without success and I can only assume the new one has tried the same. Calvin is said to be on a decent wedge and that put off a lot of clubs he was being touted to.

Now we are left with two very similar players who, at the minute, are not offering the team anywhere near enough.

Similar to our goalkeeper roster, actually.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Up Front against Bolton on 21:24 - Oct 15 with 3003 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Up Front against Bolton on 21:08 - Oct 15 by fitzochris

Good to see you back, ATP.

Your observations are spot on. The old management tried to move Calvin on without success and I can only assume the new one has tried the same. Calvin is said to be on a decent wedge and that put off a lot of clubs he was being touted to.

Now we are left with two very similar players who, at the minute, are not offering the team anywhere near enough.

Similar to our goalkeeper roster, actually.

Calvin’s last goal was 8 December 2018.
His last league goal at the COA was 23 December 2017 (I think?).

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Up Front against Bolton on 21:27 - Oct 15 with 2995 viewsmacro

Wilbraham has only appeared in a few games. He knows where the goal is but needs to be more central. Calvin... cant see him scoring again.
Up Front against Bolton on 23:19 - Oct 15 with 2886 views_Windydale

We need a poacher a sneaky furcker in the box, someone with movement, but is also very good at pressing the defensive line and good link-up play which, on our day we can do.

Our golden oldies and a brilliant 34 year old hendo is not enough. Have we anyone in the youth?

We don't have the cash to bring in this sort of quality poacher who can run behind and shoot from daft angles.

There must be some young talent out there who deserves a chance, with the potential to fill that gap.
Login to get fewer ads

Up Front against Bolton on 00:23 - Oct 16 with 2823 viewsShun

Up Front against Bolton on 21:27 - Oct 15 by macro

Wilbraham has only appeared in a few games. He knows where the goal is but needs to be more central. Calvin... cant see him scoring again.

I’m siding with you on this one. I think Wilbraham still has a role to play in the squad, but only as a central striker. He’s absolutely wasted on the wing. The games he excelled in last season he was playing centrally.

And, really, what other option do we have? I rate Pyke but he’s Lund-esque with his injuries. Gillam I doubt will ever make it and should be released. Andrew, just no. Tavares has potential but he doesn’t look ready yet. Failing that, I think Rathbone could probably do a job up front, but his energy is vital in midfield. Done? I wouldn’t be averse to giving him another go next to Henderson.
Up Front against Bolton on 06:26 - Oct 16 with 2731 viewsDaleiLama

Up Front against Bolton on 00:23 - Oct 16 by Shun

I’m siding with you on this one. I think Wilbraham still has a role to play in the squad, but only as a central striker. He’s absolutely wasted on the wing. The games he excelled in last season he was playing centrally.

And, really, what other option do we have? I rate Pyke but he’s Lund-esque with his injuries. Gillam I doubt will ever make it and should be released. Andrew, just no. Tavares has potential but he doesn’t look ready yet. Failing that, I think Rathbone could probably do a job up front, but his energy is vital in midfield. Done? I wouldn’t be averse to giving him another go next to Henderson.

I'd be up for giving Matty a try up front with Hendo for a few games too. It might not work, but we're hardly scoring for fun at the moment anyway and you never know, the old chemistry may come back?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Up Front against Bolton on 08:16 - Oct 16 with 2647 viewsYouTubeDale

Up Front against Bolton on 23:19 - Oct 15 by _Windydale

We need a poacher a sneaky furcker in the box, someone with movement, but is also very good at pressing the defensive line and good link-up play which, on our day we can do.

Our golden oldies and a brilliant 34 year old hendo is not enough. Have we anyone in the youth?

We don't have the cash to bring in this sort of quality poacher who can run behind and shoot from daft angles.

There must be some young talent out there who deserves a chance, with the potential to fill that gap.

Rathbone.

He’s quick, tenacious, powerful shooter, good with penetrating runs on the ball and a real handful for defenders to deal with. Yes, needed in midfield but even better utilised, and therefore more effective for the team, if pushed up front.

Just need to teach other midfielders to tackle better and make more forward runs.

Up Front against Bolton on 09:45 - Oct 16 with 2570 viewsParkinsGimp

Glad to see people waking up to Calvin Andrew. I was castigagted for saying he was not good enough , even the day he signed. He has a woeful scoring record and when you watch him his hold up play is a joke. He wins 1 in 3 headers and they are flicks on to nobody. If he does lay a ball off he then stands still instead of twist and move. He very rarely seems to be in the right position in the box . The hero worship is so misguided. Wilbraham could possibly do a job as a pairing up front with Hendo . But I agree with others we need a younger poacher up front , like Lefondre or Dagnall in his hey day. I even think we would of beaten the rags with someone like that at OT.
Up Front against Bolton on 09:47 - Oct 16 with 2567 viewsDaleFan7

As soon as Hill was appointed there it was written in the stars for Bolton's first win to be against us. Whilst it would be a milestone would it really be a massive achievement? When Hill arrived everything was sorted and he was given free reign to sign a squad full of players, the majority of which would be on much more than our players are.

As for a starting striking partnership I'd go with Wilbraham and Hendo but have them both central. Wilbraham isn't the best player in the world but he's the second best striker we've got, he's much better than Calvin but he does need to play central.
Up Front against Bolton on 10:18 - Oct 16 with 2533 viewsSunningDale

Up Front against Bolton on 09:45 - Oct 16 by ParkinsGimp

Glad to see people waking up to Calvin Andrew. I was castigagted for saying he was not good enough , even the day he signed. He has a woeful scoring record and when you watch him his hold up play is a joke. He wins 1 in 3 headers and they are flicks on to nobody. If he does lay a ball off he then stands still instead of twist and move. He very rarely seems to be in the right position in the box . The hero worship is so misguided. Wilbraham could possibly do a job as a pairing up front with Hendo . But I agree with others we need a younger poacher up front , like Lefondre or Dagnall in his hey day. I even think we would of beaten the rags with someone like that at OT.

According to you, has anyone ever been 'good enough' on the day they signed? I don't think so.

When you say it about every single player, you're bound to be right eventually. It's just that people have stopped listening.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2019 10:30]

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Up Front against Bolton on 12:39 - Oct 17 with 2073 viewsTomRAFC

I'd like to think BBM is scanning around for unattatched players for that tenacious striker role. There is unlikely to be a proven player, but someone with potential or a broken toy are worth a go at the moment.

In the mean time I'd be playing Done up top with Hendo. Done hasn't had much consistent time in one position, so no wonder he is out of practice, but him and Hendo do have a good understranding of eachother.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Up Front against Bolton on 14:07 - Oct 17 with 1970 viewsNigeriamark

Up Front against Bolton on 12:39 - Oct 17 by TomRAFC

I'd like to think BBM is scanning around for unattatched players for that tenacious striker role. There is unlikely to be a proven player, but someone with potential or a broken toy are worth a go at the moment.

In the mean time I'd be playing Done up top with Hendo. Done hasn't had much consistent time in one position, so no wonder he is out of practice, but him and Hendo do have a good understranding of eachother.

It comes down to the big man/small man combination compared to two small men. I think Wilbraham is similar to Done in that through injury he has never had a sustained run of games up front. Whether Done or Wilbraham, I would like BBM to prefer 1 of them to partner Hendo up front until January. Depending on how well that goes will go some way to determining the urgency of getting someone in in January

My own thoughts are that however well ( or badly) it goes, if someone comes available in January we should bring them in anyway as we are not exactly blessed with depth upfront & the young lads are not ready for a full campaign. Due to the cost of strikers I can't see anything other than a loan from a higher club looking to give a talented youngster some game time. So a risk, but probably little other choice
Up Front against Bolton on 14:43 - Oct 17 with 1910 views49thseason

Pyke had a bit of pace about him, Done has lost much of the pace he once had, Wilbraham is a statue and Andrew is playing walking football, We need 2 more forwards with real pace and finishing ability. Not an easy task finding these players as just about every club is looking for them. so Tavares has to fill one slot and one of the taller players the other for the time being but to be honest offloading them both( Wilbraham, Andrew)and possibly Done too, in January and going to the January sales with a few quid to at least pay someone with a bit more about him would be a prefered option at this stage. Can't win games if you can't score goals.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 16:36]
Up Front against Bolton on 18:27 - Oct 17 with 1739 viewsdalebound

would have Wilbraham no where near the team backed out of challenges last week cant jump for a ball all he does all game is stick his thumb in the air give Tavares a go he has pace and you never know he may just do something
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024