Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR 12:21 - Oct 25 with 2198 viewswimborne_dale

For tomorrow (Saturday)

C O M E O N E N G L A N D ! ! !

Edgar Allan's Crow

NFR on 12:50 - Oct 25 with 2169 viewsnordenblue

A VERY big task ahead of them, they are capable of upsetting the odds but if they do is a totally different thing, should be a cracker of a game though.
NFR on 12:59 - Oct 25 with 2156 viewsjudd

NFR on 12:50 - Oct 25 by nordenblue

A VERY big task ahead of them, they are capable of upsetting the odds but if they do is a totally different thing, should be a cracker of a game though.

What they need to do is ignore the result if they lose and just turn up for the final, expecting to play.

Poll: What is it to be then?

NFR on 13:14 - Oct 25 with 2139 viewsisitme

NFR on 12:59 - Oct 25 by judd

What they need to do is ignore the result if they lose and just turn up for the final, expecting to play.

Or hope that if they ignore the result for long enough that it will just go away!

In all seriousness England have as good a chance as they have in a long while of winning but discipline will be they key.
NFR on 13:30 - Oct 25 with 2116 viewsjudd

NFR on 13:14 - Oct 25 by isitme

Or hope that if they ignore the result for long enough that it will just go away!

In all seriousness England have as good a chance as they have in a long while of winning but discipline will be they key.

Absolutely critical is discipline - it cost the French dearly last week.

We have a very good referee tomorrow.

NFR on 15:57 - Oct 25 with 2070 viewsEllDale

Personally I'm not overbothered about rugby union.
Not after some of the stunts that Twickenham pulled over the years trying to strangle rugby league and victimise those who played it.
As a student at uni in the 1970's I played a couple of games for the union team only to be banned once they found out that I had previously played league.
I actually got a letter confirming this signed by a chap called Mickey Steele-Bodger which just about summed it up.
It's the sort of name that PG Wodehouse could have invented.
NFR on 16:12 - Oct 25 with 2061 viewsnordenblue

NFR on 15:57 - Oct 25 by EllDale

Not after some of the stunts that Twickenham pulled over the years trying to strangle rugby league and victimise those who played it.
As a student at uni in the 1970's I played a couple of games for the union team only to be banned once they found out that I had previously played league.
I actually got a letter confirming this signed by a chap called Mickey Steele-Bodger which just about summed it up.

Can kind of see your point, but to stand facing the Haka in a world cup takes some beating for an experience in any sport on the planet.
NFR on 16:23 - Oct 25 with 2053 viewsBigKindo

The side that makes the least mistakes should win.
NFR on 16:24 - Oct 25 with 2050 viewsjudd

NFR on 16:12 - Oct 25 by nordenblue

Can kind of see your point, but to stand facing the Haka in a world cup takes some beating for an experience in any sport on the planet.

We should just do a Morris Dance back to them.

Login to get fewer ads

NFR on 17:57 - Oct 25 with 2004 viewspioneer

You should have taken up your case with nigel starmer-smith....another english union type!
NFR on 18:00 - Oct 25 with 2001 viewspioneer

NFR on 13:30 - Oct 25 by judd

Absolutely critical is discipline - it cost the French dearly last week.

We have a very good referee tomorrow.

France still had great opportunities to win the game despite being a man short. They were in good position for a drop goal which would have put them two scores up, three times in the last 10 minutes.

It was their leadership which cost them more than their discipline.
NFR on 18:01 - Oct 25 with 2000 viewsmingthemerciless

NFR on 17:57 - Oct 25 by pioneer

You should have taken up your case with nigel starmer-smith....another english union type!

Discipline will be the key. Whenever I've seen England play previously they I've given away daft penalties. Can't do that tomorrow.
NFR on 20:49 - Oct 25 with 1944 viewswimborne_dale

Very interesting post there Ell but thankfully, those dark days are over. The professional era has seen to that.
League, Union, Association or bat and ball I'm with England all the way.

Edgar Allan's Crow

NFR on 11:21 - Oct 26 with 1854 viewsD_Alien

Sensational performance

Still the final to come and the job to finish, but we're looking like world-beaters

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

NFR on 11:42 - Oct 26 with 1836 viewsisitme

Absolutely outstanding. New Zealand didn't look like scoring bar their try from the overthrown line out.
NFR on 12:58 - Oct 26 with 1761 viewsDaleiLama

Fortunately the t and b on a keyboard are separated by two rows otherwise Mickey could have made some embarrassing typos!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 13:16]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFR on 21:43 - Oct 26 with 1660 viewsdownunder

NFR on 12:58 - Oct 26 by DaleiLama

Fortunately the t and b on a keyboard are separated by two rows otherwise Mickey could have made some embarrassing typos!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 13:16]

Graham Starkey suffered an event similar to EllDale's. An ex player who just went for a pint with the guy's he was playing alongside the year before. A committee man told the barman to not serve him.
A load of Tollocks in my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024