Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now the dust has settled 09:26 - Nov 8 with 2352 viewsChaffRAFC

You may or may not have noticed that this website is now being moderated and run by myself, and AtThePeake. Col passed over the keys and waltzed off into the sunset (well, the Trust desk in the Dale Bar) after 20 odd years of being the face that runs the place and we moved in. Cheers Col.

Firstly, with regards the site in full, we've began adding more content which we hope you enjoy reading everything we put, equally, if we're spouting shite, by all means tell us as well. We've started doing match previews, match reports after games and other features such as "Played for Both" as well as the refwatch and TVOS previews that TVOS helps us out with.

What we would like to do is open this up to you lot and ask, are there any features you would like to see? Is there anything you feel is missing? We're very much open to new ideas and value any opinions and are both readily available by PM if anyone has any issues or ideas.

With regards this messageboard, it's always been run with the view that we didn't want to censor people unless it was absolutely necessary. That doesn't change. We all know other boards will delete and ban a lot easier than on here. Maybe we let stuff go that we shouldn't but all we would ask is that everyone at least shows respect for other users, and respect for us as moderators as we both have full time jobs and aren't logged in here all day, every day. We all know what we can and can't post without being told off and slapped on the wrist hopefully.

This week, we've locked a thread because it became exhausting waiting to see what was being posted in case anything came up that went too far. Don't think that happened and thought the thread contained valid and good points from several long standing users of this board and for that reason, we didn't delete it, we wanted those views to and points to stay visible.

We don't envisage having to take much action on this board, it's very rare, and this board does pretty much run itself most of the time and long may that continue.

Hopefully, this place will grow and continue to be the first port of call for many fans in a world taken over by Facebook groups and Twitter Pages.

Cheers.

As you were.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Now the dust has settled on 09:51 - Nov 8 with 2294 viewsDaleiLama

Fair play Chaff, you give up your own time to act as moderator and on that basis, your decisions should be respected, but I have to say I don't feel the locked thread needed locking in this instance. There was a healthy debate, with opinions and reservations expressed, all eloquently, never confrontationally and in the main by way of exposing the truth and exchanging views. some opinions will always be stronger than others, but there was little disrespect (compared to some threads) from opposing viewpoints and many valid points were raised on either side of the debate. For me, it should have been left open for further contributions, but I won't lose sleep over it.

As an aside, wonderful to see a proud dad greet his lad after mascot duties last Saturday. Tip of the cap to you sir.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Now the dust has settled on 09:51 - Nov 8 with 2291 viewsjudd

The played for both feature was a marvellous idea until Pim Balkenstein appeared.

Hang your hands in shame (8).

Good luck!!!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Now the dust has settled on 10:05 - Nov 8 with 2250 viewsSuddenLad

Just an idea - not a criticism - and something previously raised by other MB users in the past...

Is it possible to have a separate section for 'Non-football related' issues ? I'm sure everyone here, first and foremost logs in to see things that are at least primarily Dale related.

Inevitably, and understandably, other topics are of general interest and undoubtedly worthy of debate, but would it be best to have them feature on an entirely different page, so that those who wish to do so, can debate freely, without choking the 'Dale Related' page with unrelated matters.

I know it seems to work well on other club message boards, but I have no idea of whether it's feasible, either technically or logistically.

Over to you....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Now the dust has settled on 10:09 - Nov 8 with 2237 views442Dale

Really good post, Chaff.

Have to admit that the rows that sometimes occur are, only in my opinion, unnecessary. But each to their own and hopefully Chaff’s words will resonate. We all have a responsibility to show some respect when posting and also to those moderating the board.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Now the dust has settled on 10:12 - Nov 8 with 2232 viewschalky_ncfc

I would like a yellow card system set up for any poster* that tells me to fook off,two yellows and you're off

* Especially that judd bloke

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Now the dust has settled on 10:19 - Nov 8 with 2218 viewsAncoats_Blue

Now the dust has settled on 10:05 - Nov 8 by SuddenLad

Just an idea - not a criticism - and something previously raised by other MB users in the past...

Is it possible to have a separate section for 'Non-football related' issues ? I'm sure everyone here, first and foremost logs in to see things that are at least primarily Dale related.

Inevitably, and understandably, other topics are of general interest and undoubtedly worthy of debate, but would it be best to have them feature on an entirely different page, so that those who wish to do so, can debate freely, without choking the 'Dale Related' page with unrelated matters.

I know it seems to work well on other club message boards, but I have no idea of whether it's feasible, either technically or logistically.

Over to you....

This. Tidy the board up with sub-boards for Football and NFR stuff.

Merge threads to avoid duplication and noise.

Someone commit to posting a match thread pre each game to build some discussion around the game before, during and after in one place.

Have a match day travel thread. Other forums seem to club together to offer lifts, private minibus & coach hire & tips on cheap train tickets and stuff to games. Haven't seen anything like that on here.
Now the dust has settled on 10:21 - Nov 8 with 2212 viewsChaffRAFC

Over to you....

This is something AtThePeake has mentioned to me as well as an idea but with the layout of the site, I'm not sure how it would be done but we will have look into it.

Now the dust has settled on 10:22 - Nov 8 with 2207 viewsChaffRAFC

Now the dust has settled on 09:51 - Nov 8 by judd

The played for both feature was a marvellous idea until Pim Balkenstein appeared.

Hang your hands in shame (8).

Good luck!!!

Tip of the iceberg that Judd! There's some right rubbish lined up for that that feature!

Login to get fewer ads

Now the dust has settled on 10:24 - Nov 8 with 2188 viewsjudd

Now the dust has settled on 10:22 - Nov 8 by ChaffRAFC

Tip of the iceberg that Judd! There's some right rubbish lined up for that that feature!

I suppose it's inevitable.

Let's keep any Courteeners gubbins at arms length then as a compromise!

Now the dust has settled on 10:58 - Nov 8 with 2123 viewsSuddenLad

Now the dust has settled on 10:21 - Nov 8 by ChaffRAFC

This is something AtThePeake has mentioned to me as well as an idea but with the layout of the site, I'm not sure how it would be done but we will have look into it.

Thanks Chaff.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Now the dust has settled on 11:10 - Nov 8 with 2093 viewsAtThePeake

Now the dust has settled on 10:24 - Nov 8 by judd

I suppose it's inevitable.

Let's keep any Courteeners gubbins at arms length then as a compromise!

That's where I come in!

Tangled up in blue.

Now the dust has settled on 11:30 - Nov 8 with 2052 viewsjudd

Now the dust has settled on 11:10 - Nov 8 by AtThePeake

That's where I come in!

Keeping them no marks off of here?

Now the dust has settled on 12:05 - Nov 8 with 1994 viewsChaffRAFC

Now the dust has settled on 11:10 - Nov 8 by AtThePeake

That's where I come in!

God bless the band!

Now the dust has settled on 12:12 - Nov 8 with 1960 viewsD_Alien

Over to you....

I can appreciate how those who look for just football-related content can become frustrated with nfr threads, but they can easily be hidden (I've never bothered with that feature)

But there's another factor. We've all seen how threads can mutate. Football threads can often take a swerve into some wonderfully nfr-related content, often once they've run their initial fr course. How would that be legislated for? Changing that kind of serendipity would fundamentally alter the character of this forum, so I'd advocate leaving well alone

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Now the dust has settled on 12:21 - Nov 8 with 1933 viewsjudd

Now the dust has settled on 12:05 - Nov 8 by ChaffRAFC

God bless the band!

***REPORTED AS ABUSE***

Come back, Pinky Admin.

Now the dust has settled on 13:28 - Nov 8 with 1783 viewsfitzochris

Now the dust has settled on 12:05 - Nov 8 by ChaffRAFC

God bless the band!

You overdid it, doll.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Now the dust has settled on 13:44 - Nov 8 with 1749 viewsChaffRAFC

Now the dust has settled on 13:28 - Nov 8 by fitzochris

You overdid it, doll.

Expected you ages ago, What Took You So Long?

Now the dust has settled on 13:51 - Nov 8 with 1727 viewsjonahwhereru

Firstly thanks to Col for his efforts on here.

My only caution to Chaff and AtThePeake is not to give yourselves to much work to do. Under promise and then over deliver, keeps everyone happy.

I met Peakey pre match in the Cemetery a couple of years ago. Found him thoughtful and articulate, which are attributes most of us subscribers lack. So not sure he’ll fit in!

Good luck to both of you and thanks for using your time to benefit the rest of us.
Now the dust has settled on 14:38 - Nov 8 with 1659 viewsnordenblue

Now the dust has settled on 13:44 - Nov 8 by ChaffRAFC

Expected you ages ago, What Took You So Long?

He's probably been too busy,trying to take over the world
Now the dust has settled on 14:51 - Nov 8 with 1622 viewsD_Alien

Now the dust has settled on 13:51 - Nov 8 by jonahwhereru

Firstly thanks to Col for his efforts on here.

My only caution to Chaff and AtThePeake is not to give yourselves to much work to do. Under promise and then over deliver, keeps everyone happy.

I met Peakey pre match in the Cemetery a couple of years ago. Found him thoughtful and articulate, which are attributes most of us subscribers lack. So not sure he’ll fit in!

Good luck to both of you and thanks for using your time to benefit the rest of us.

Fully share your praise for the work the mods do. I think AtThePeake will fit in perfectly; i'd say the majority of regular contributors are thoughtful and articulate, even if they don't always choose to put those qualities to the fore!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Now the dust has settled on 16:10 - Nov 8 with 1517 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Yep,big thanks from me too for all Col's work....the Voice of Reason.

One think i do miss that used to show on here are the "Just Back" s.......where posters had travelled far and wide throughout the Country to Away matches and returned to post their thoughts,comments and ratings often at silly o'clock in the morning! But much appreciated.

I know modern social media covers this to some extent. Similarly, You Tube Dale often commented on the match thread ahead of the likes of Twitter or SSN,again giving us good prompt updates and feed back.
Now the dust has settled on 16:32 - Nov 8 with 1482 viewsTVOS1907

Now the dust has settled on 16:10 - Nov 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yep,big thanks from me too for all Col's work....the Voice of Reason.

One think i do miss that used to show on here are the "Just Back" s.......where posters had travelled far and wide throughout the Country to Away matches and returned to post their thoughts,comments and ratings often at silly o'clock in the morning! But much appreciated.

I know modern social media covers this to some extent. Similarly, You Tube Dale often commented on the match thread ahead of the likes of Twitter or SSN,again giving us good prompt updates and feed back.

Unfortunately, given the travelling distances/methods/ageing fans, Just Got Back has turned into Just Gone To Bed!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Now the dust has settled on 17:44 - Nov 8 with 1386 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Now the dust has settled on 16:32 - Nov 8 by TVOS1907

Unfortunately, given the travelling distances/methods/ageing fans, Just Got Back has turned into Just Gone To Bed!

agree...everyone needs their beauty sleep.
Now the dust has settled on 17:47 - Nov 8 with 1377 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Now the dust has settled on 10:12 - Nov 8 by chalky_ncfc

I would like a yellow card system set up for any poster* that tells me to fook off,two yellows and you're off

I would like a yellow card system for anyone who answers chalky and does not tell him to fook off!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Now the dust has settled on 18:35 - Nov 8 with 1294 viewsblackdogblue

Now the dust has settled on 10:12 - Nov 8 by chalky_ncfc

Before it’s considered Dale law..

Fook off
Fook off
Fook off
Fook off
Fook off
Fook off
Fook off
Fook off
Fook off
Fook off

Just getting my ten penneth in 😀😂

On a serious note, thanks Chaff for taking the helm 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024