Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas draw 17:34 - Nov 20 with 8064 viewsmacro

With finances being so relevant I was surprised I didn't see any mention of the christmas draw in the programme last night. Not many home games before Christmas.
Christmas draw on 21:11 - Nov 20 with 6156 viewsrochdaleriddler

There are none apart from the cup game

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Christmas draw on 09:31 - Nov 21 with 5975 viewsChaffRAFC

Bizarre this, we, as goldbond agents, used to have them by the middle of October. I do my round every two weeks, as do others so it gives us very little time to get tickets sold. Seems like a big missed opportunity to make money which, when we're being told we have no money to strengthen the squad, is infuriating.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Christmas draw on 09:45 - Nov 21 with 5963 viewsflyerdale

Christmas draw on 09:31 - Nov 21 by ChaffRAFC

Bizarre this, we, as goldbond agents, used to have them by the middle of October. I do my round every two weeks, as do others so it gives us very little time to get tickets sold. Seems like a big missed opportunity to make money which, when we're being told we have no money to strengthen the squad, is infuriating.

They used to make a fortune off the back of the Xmas draw, seems traditional tried and tested ways of making good money are taking a backward step thesedays.
Christmas draw on 10:53 - Nov 23 with 5736 viewsmikehunt

The last draw was embarrassing: the number and quality of prizes was abysmal.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Christmas draw (n/t) on 11:05 - Nov 23 with 5723 viewsJames1980

[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 11:34]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Christmas draw on 12:08 - Nov 23 with 5641 viewsTVOS1907

I believe there isn't one this year.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Christmas draw on 12:46 - Nov 23 with 5590 viewsValleySaddler

Another tried and tested revenue stream down the pan.
Inconceivable that this opportunity to raise funds is being sidelined..
Yet another major home goal in my eyes..
Christmas draw on 13:02 - Nov 23 with 5565 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Christmas draw on 12:46 - Nov 23 by ValleySaddler

Another tried and tested revenue stream down the pan.
Inconceivable that this opportunity to raise funds is being sidelined..
Yet another major home goal in my eyes..

Meant to mark you up, as you are right. Very easy way of raising funds, especially with Goldbond sellers bringing tickets to our homes. Plenty of people bought them who didn’t watch a lot of games, so I believe.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas draw on 13:24 - Nov 23 with 5543 viewsjudd

When is the Trust meeting with the Directors to ask the many questions already sent to them?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Christmas draw on 13:52 - Nov 23 with 5496 viewsnordenblue

Christmas draw on 13:24 - Nov 23 by judd

When is the Trust meeting with the Directors to ask the many questions already sent to them?

They may require a few weeks written notice of the questions prior to providing some answers?
Christmas draw on 14:05 - Nov 23 with 5482 viewsDale23years

Christmas draw on 13:52 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

They may require a few weeks written notice of the questions prior to providing some answers?

It's a disgrace if that is the case, the trust are just as bad for allowing it, if it's truth

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Christmas draw on 14:20 - Nov 23 with 5452 viewsnordenblue

Christmas draw on 14:05 - Nov 23 by Dale23years

It's a disgrace if that is the case, the trust are just as bad for allowing it, if it's truth

It was a bit tic to be honest
Christmas draw on 18:22 - Nov 23 with 5387 viewsToffeemanc

Christmas draw on 12:08 - Nov 23 by TVOS1907

I believe there isn't one this year.

Another pathetic decision from this inept board we now have running the club?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Christmas draw on 18:30 - Nov 23 with 5372 viewsRaymondJohn

All question from trust to board have been submitted and answered obviuosley no names on them but if you put one in it's been answered Judd.
Christmas draw on 18:36 - Nov 23 with 5337 views442Dale

Christmas draw on 18:30 - Nov 23 by RaymondJohn

All question from trust to board have been submitted and answered obviuosley no names on them but if you put one in it's been answered Judd.

What do you mean “obviously no names on them”?

When sending in questions, Trust members include their names. How is it relevant whether the names are included when the club are asked them?

Apologies if I misunderstood.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Christmas draw on 18:52 - Nov 23 with 5297 viewsflyerdale

Why have you scrapped the Xmas draw then? I'm a non trust member and have paid into the goldbond for over 20 years. I was a goldbond collector having two rounds for five years or so also and know the amount of money we collected for the Xmas draw made substantial help for the clubs finances. Seems a strange route to go what with the money from goldbond now going to other beneficaries aswell as the club.
Christmas draw on 19:03 - Nov 23 with 5256 viewsjudd

Hi Ray, have replied privately.

Christmas draw on 19:09 - Nov 23 with 5242 views442Dale

On the subject of proceeds of Goldbond/Dale Lotto, it has been mentioned a few times in the past that the club would be keeping supporters updated about how much it raises for the Academy:

In May: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/05/minutes-from-meeting-with-directors/
<<“One Trust member brought up the recent launch of Dale Lotto had promised proceeds would go to supporting the Dale Academy, asking would it be possible for the club to give a regular update just how much has been given over? The Board of Directors replied by stating that In addition to supporting the Academy, the proceeds from the Lotto will also support selected charities to benefit the community with the current charity being supported being Prostate Cancer. The Directors agreed that the club would publicise the share of the proceeds raised which directly supports the Academy.”>>

Then in July: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/07/meeting-with-the-club-3/
<<“We asked again about the profits from the club’s LOTTO going towards the Academy. There will be a relaunch in the next few weeks and the announcements about contributions to the Academy would be part of that process.”>>

Then on this messageboard at the end of September: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/247645/3640696/grab-a-grand
<<“We are soon due to be giving details of what the funds have purchased for the academy so far.”

Could someone, anyone, point me in the direction of where this information has been publicised, as agreed by the club six months ago? If it’s in a programme, can check there too. Again, apologies if I’ve missed it but it’ll be good to see how much it’s benefitting the Academy.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Christmas draw on 19:10 - Nov 23 with 5234 viewsStatzdale

The agents prize has disappeared from the sheets, and the standing order form is regularly printed on the back. Are they trying to subliminally tell the agents something?? Also there are no longer match tix as prizes. Our GB collector has become a good friend and is worried that he maybe no longer needed, he was telling me he has done his round since 2004 and he will miss it.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 19:14]
Christmas draw on 19:30 - Nov 23 with 5179 viewsjudd

Christmas draw on 19:10 - Nov 23 by Statzdale

The agents prize has disappeared from the sheets, and the standing order form is regularly printed on the back. Are they trying to subliminally tell the agents something?? Also there are no longer match tix as prizes. Our GB collector has become a good friend and is worried that he maybe no longer needed, he was telling me he has done his round since 2004 and he will miss it.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 19:14]

My own personal view of the overall strategy of the Goldbond scheme is to absolutely cut the costs in running it.
That was so obvious when the obnoxious Bottomley presided over Agents meetings with his grand vision and inability to understand why a 50:50 regulated draw did not nett the club more cash. Fact.
The lads and lasses who do the hard yards cannot be commended enough. Both Pete and now Ray first class in my dealings with them.
Agents cost 15% of any £ collected and pay £30 for a season ticket, the charge that is said to cover the Xmas party (now cancelled ?), and admin costs. Last year saw a reduction in agents free drinks.
The weekly agents prize is not printed on the sheets, free match tickets no longer appear.
Talking to other agents and reading other posts on this thread it would appear that the club is no longer sole beneficiary of takings but that we now donate to a cancer charity and to the company that organises the lotto (Barry Kilbeys lot or whatever his name is).
So, in summary,.Agents will be rid of, saving on commission and season ticket subsidies.
What about customer retention and growth though?

Christmas draw on 19:51 - Nov 23 with 5126 viewsStatzdale

On the matter of customer retention, our agent was telling me that nobody on his two rounds showed any interest in doing it by standing order and would pack the GB in if the agents were done away with. Would they risk losing shedfuls of customers if it happened? The agents are probably the only people some of the elderly customers see one week to the next. They have I’m sure recently advertised for agents so I’m puzzled.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 19:57]
Christmas draw on 19:58 - Nov 23 with 5096 viewsjudd

Christmas draw on 19:51 - Nov 23 by Statzdale

On the matter of customer retention, our agent was telling me that nobody on his two rounds showed any interest in doing it by standing order and would pack the GB in if the agents were done away with. Would they risk losing shedfuls of customers if it happened? The agents are probably the only people some of the elderly customers see one week to the next. They have I’m sure recently advertised for agents so I’m puzzled.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 19:57]

Absolutely the same on my round. 1 customer will transfer to direct debit it I quit, the rest will just stop paying.

My commission this year is about 30% down on last year because we can no longer allow arrears unless the agent pays in and hope to collect it the following week.

I will reiterate that I have NO issues with the way Ray and his team manage.

Christmas draw on 20:03 - Nov 23 with 5073 viewsStatzdale

Christmas draw on 19:58 - Nov 23 by judd

Absolutely the same on my round. 1 customer will transfer to direct debit it I quit, the rest will just stop paying.

My commission this year is about 30% down on last year because we can no longer allow arrears unless the agent pays in and hope to collect it the following week.

I will reiterate that I have NO issues with the way Ray and his team manage.

Totally agree Judd. Ray and the team do a fantastic job in the GB office, and I like you have absolutely no issues whatsoever.
Christmas draw on 20:21 - Nov 23 with 5031 viewsDale1963

Raymond John what is the reason for no Xmas draw my family always bought 20 quids worth? Sure it has to be a few grand missed out on ?
Christmas draw on 20:40 - Nov 23 with 4975 viewsJames1980

Was it just forgotten about, or dropped?
If it has been dropped was a justification given for the reason why? It sounds like it was a good additional bit of revenue so how do the club intend to replace it?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024