Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) 20:35 - Nov 27 with 4627 viewsjudd

We are SO, so lucky to have him at our club.

I don't know how much bigger a ******** Bottomley thinks he can be but he continues to exceed ALL expectations.

Merry Xmas to you, you ******* ******* ******.

[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 11:44]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 20:40 - Nov 27 with 2845 viewsnordenblue

I saw a post on the facebook page which i couldnt actually read as it was too small print, they all seemed livid about something related to Goldbond.

Whats actually gone on Judd, as pointed out on here months ago the bloke's seriously out of his depth.
Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 20:53 - Nov 27 with 2791 viewsjudd

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 20:40 - Nov 27 by nordenblue

I saw a post on the facebook page which i couldnt actually read as it was too small print, they all seemed livid about something related to Goldbond.

Whats actually gone on Judd, as pointed out on here months ago the bloke's seriously out of his depth.

No, not at all.

Let me explain to you simpletons who do not understand how to ruin goodwill and a business.

You take a bunch of idiots who traipse around the borough all year round on a regular basis, building rapport with a regular bunch of contributors who rarely moan about not having a win because all monies raised went to RAFC ,less staff and volunteer agent expenses.

These mugs who do the graft get a heavily discounted season ticket plus 15p in the £ collected. They also got a goodwill gesture of 2 free tickets and 6 free drinks at an Xmas evening at the club.

Pah!

Now, we have a genius way of thanking these plebs by halfing the number of free entrance tickets and charging additionals at £15 a pop, and in light of this reasonable pricing the free drink tickets have gone to 1. One. ONE.

I have already had EVERY carriages company in the borough asking me to book early as this event will be another Sunderland at home.

Except less fookin mugs.

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 21:00 - Nov 27 with 2766 viewsDorislove

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 20:53 - Nov 27 by judd

No, not at all.

Let me explain to you simpletons who do not understand how to ruin goodwill and a business.

You take a bunch of idiots who traipse around the borough all year round on a regular basis, building rapport with a regular bunch of contributors who rarely moan about not having a win because all monies raised went to RAFC ,less staff and volunteer agent expenses.

These mugs who do the graft get a heavily discounted season ticket plus 15p in the £ collected. They also got a goodwill gesture of 2 free tickets and 6 free drinks at an Xmas evening at the club.

Pah!

Now, we have a genius way of thanking these plebs by halfing the number of free entrance tickets and charging additionals at £15 a pop, and in light of this reasonable pricing the free drink tickets have gone to 1. One. ONE.

I have already had EVERY carriages company in the borough asking me to book early as this event will be another Sunderland at home.

Except less fookin mugs.

What would you do if your gaffer took the p--s out of you ,you would stick it to them ,do the same to those who take the p--s at RAFC ,this is not your livelyhood its your supposed entertainmant.
Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 21:09 - Nov 27 with 2743 viewsjudd

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 21:00 - Nov 27 by Dorislove

What would you do if your gaffer took the p--s out of you ,you would stick it to them ,do the same to those who take the p--s at RAFC ,this is not your livelyhood its your supposed entertainmant.

No, we are so honoured. I'm tempted to pay all my massively reduced commission plus the season ticket price difference plus 20% to a charity.

It's genius.

GENIUS

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 21:20 - Nov 27 with 2708 viewsjudd

***Gala Dinner Lite***

Event cancelled due to unjustifiable disappointment at yet more inept decision making.

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 21:21 - Nov 27 with 2699 viewsfitzochris

I assume the Trust was consulted over this?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 21:22 - Nov 27 with 2698 viewsjudd

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 21:21 - Nov 27 by fitzochris

I assume the Trust was consulted over this?

Memo is in the skip.

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 21:23 - Nov 27 with 2685 viewsnordenblue

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 21:22 - Nov 27 by judd

Memo is in the skip.

With the tyres?
Login to get fewer ads

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 21:27 - Nov 27 with 2669 viewsjudd

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 21:23 - Nov 27 by nordenblue

With the tyres?

WHERE ELSE WOULD YOU PUT THEM????

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 23:36 - Nov 27 with 2500 viewsSandyman

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 20:53 - Nov 27 by judd

No, not at all.

Pah!

Except less fookin mugs.

IF this is the action of a "so-called" CEO, it shows that someone has absolutely no people skills and isn't fit for purpose. The only response towards him, typically Dale, is this because it's a fookin' joke! Carriages?
Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 07:14 - Nov 28 with 2363 viewsjudd

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 23:36 - Nov 27 by Sandyman

IF this is the action of a "so-called" CEO, it shows that someone has absolutely no people skills and isn't fit for purpose. The only response towards him, typically Dale, is this because it's a fookin' joke! Carriages?

It has been my firm belief that he has wanted rid of agents since day 1.

Next he'll get rid of the Trust.

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 09:37 - Nov 28 with 2207 viewsD_Alien

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 07:14 - Nov 28 by judd

It has been my firm belief that he has wanted rid of agents since day 1.

Next he'll get rid of the Trust.

tbf, he only needs to get rid of "the", since there's no trust in the first place

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 12:33 - Nov 28 with 2037 viewsChaffRAFC

Don't fix what isn't broken.

The Goldbond letter that came to us all this week, was good in the respect that we need more communication and that shouldn't stop but the content of the letter is disappointing.

The Goldbond do has always been free for agents AND a plus one. Now it's £15 for the plus one. That has instantly made my mind up about attending. We've always had drinks tokens handed to us, usually 6, though you could usually sneak one or two more out when people left without using them. Now, as well as the extra cost, we have just ONE complementary drink.

We used to go for the Xmas Draw as well but that isn't happening either now. At a guess, it must be that we no longer sell enough tickets to make it worthwhile but it was a big reason I used to go to the Goldbond do.

I get that the club need to make as much money as they can, but this has now made my mind up about not going when I get back from Burton. I suspect this will not be a well attended event unfortunately.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 12:50 - Nov 28 with 1995 viewsRaymondJohn

Chaffey , you did not attend last year mate ? neither did 75 % of all agents , even with 5 beer tokens each come on be fair , it was not supported at all last year, we paid the DJ, Bar staff, door staff, food, drinks and had I think 18 people turn up!!

If it was not for David Bottomley we would not be having one this year , it was difficult for me to justify having one after such a poor response last year, he demanded we had one as people deserved one .

David B as tried to link it with a Christmas party night to make it a better night for everyone with a live act.

How many xmas draw tickets did you sell last year ?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 12:54]
Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 12:51 - Nov 28 with 1992 viewsjudd

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 12:33 - Nov 28 by ChaffRAFC

Don't fix what isn't broken.

The Goldbond letter that came to us all this week, was good in the respect that we need more communication and that shouldn't stop but the content of the letter is disappointing.

The Goldbond do has always been free for agents AND a plus one. Now it's £15 for the plus one. That has instantly made my mind up about attending. We've always had drinks tokens handed to us, usually 6, though you could usually sneak one or two more out when people left without using them. Now, as well as the extra cost, we have just ONE complementary drink.

We used to go for the Xmas Draw as well but that isn't happening either now. At a guess, it must be that we no longer sell enough tickets to make it worthwhile but it was a big reason I used to go to the Goldbond do.

I get that the club need to make as much money as they can, but this has now made my mind up about not going when I get back from Burton. I suspect this will not be a well attended event unfortunately.

There was also the letter withdrawing the weekly agents bonus draw, which will save the club the princely sum of £520.00 per annum, or 69 Sunderland mugs.

The club has, and always will be, people dependent and in an era when there is so much more competition for limited available expenditure you would think this would be recognised.

Effectively there is a £30.00 turnaround in how the club (lovely as they all are) value your all year round service at Christmas.

It's insulting but par for the course nowadays.

Big, big cuddles xxx

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 12:53 - Nov 28 with 1984 viewsRaymondJohn

we gave 2 x 10.00 out so it was over 1k judd of members money
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 13:00]
Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 13:01 - Nov 28 with 1954 viewsjudd

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 12:53 - Nov 28 by RaymondJohn

we gave 2 x 10.00 out so it was over 1k judd of members money
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 13:00]

Fair enough, Ray. We'll, sorry, you'll save £1040.00.

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 13:08 - Nov 28 with 1932 viewsSandyman

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 13:01 - Nov 28 by judd

Fair enough, Ray. We'll, sorry, you'll save £1040.00.

Or 138 Sunderland mugs
Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 13:08 - Nov 28 with 1928 viewsChaffRAFC

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 12:50 - Nov 28 by RaymondJohn

Chaffey , you did not attend last year mate ? neither did 75 % of all agents , even with 5 beer tokens each come on be fair , it was not supported at all last year, we paid the DJ, Bar staff, door staff, food, drinks and had I think 18 people turn up!!

If it was not for David Bottomley we would not be having one this year , it was difficult for me to justify having one after such a poor response last year, he demanded we had one as people deserved one .

David B as tried to link it with a Christmas party night to make it a better night for everyone with a live act.

I didn't attend last year. If it was the Saturday before Xmas it would have been because I was on my way back from Southend away, a very long trip. That may have had an impact on the numbers unfortunately.

I can't remember how many tickets I sold last year but I've sold tickets every year for the past 18 years or however long I've been doing a round whether it was 10 books or 30 books so for you to call me out personally is a bit out of order given I've not blamed any one person for a decision in which I disgaree with.

With regards the agents prize, I actually agree with that decision and think it's money that should be saved. I also recognise the hard work that goes into running the Goldbond with what seems to be very little help and a lot of change.

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 13:15 - Nov 28 with 1892 viewsRaymondJohn

not calling you out David just answering your post, thank you for registering the hard work that gets done , I feel same with you which is why I tried to help you with lifts back to Shaw a few times and gave you one of my club issue coats to wear after doing your round in pissing down rain ,even picked you up from chippy once , we are all in in this together for one cause ROCHDALE AFC. thanks for your hard work Chaff it is really appreciated.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 13:21]
Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 13:20 - Nov 28 with 1880 viewsjudd

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 12:50 - Nov 28 by RaymondJohn

Then I unreservedly withdraw all criticism.

I could not make last years but am so surprised how the attendance has dropped to such a low figure, as it was always a well attended event that was largely free.

Good luck in getting the numbers back up to justify the event.

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 13:28 - Nov 28 with 1845 viewsRaymondJohn

Judd, as you know I will answer anything and everything if asked in right way, yes we have messed a few things up but we have also had a right mess to sort out to just get the lottery running efficiently , legally and in the paying members interest, whilst trying to embrace changes put upon us.

The draw is not won as often now but how we used to conduct the draw was very very different and managed by an individual not a system with procedures that are needed to be adhered to.
Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 13:47 - Nov 28 with 1800 viewsjudd

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 13:28 - Nov 28 by RaymondJohn

Judd, as you know I will answer anything and everything if asked in right way, yes we have messed a few things up but we have also had a right mess to sort out to just get the lottery running efficiently , legally and in the paying members interest, whilst trying to embrace changes put upon us.

The draw is not won as often now but how we used to conduct the draw was very very different and managed by an individual not a system with procedures that are needed to be adhered to.

I know you will, Ray - I am sure you have read my supportive posts on other threads.

I think where a number of agents who have been in touch with me are coming from on this one is that they are used to a relatively free event which, for your valid reasons, has now been withdrawn and turned into a pay for event. Whatever the intentions of providing an event, the terms have changed significantly and were just dropped on us.

I expect that the club has always budgeted an amount for the Agents Xmas event, and any expenditure recouped is gratefully received. If 200 people turned up, drank their free drinks then left it would still have been the same cost as budgeted for.

With the benefit of hindsight it may have prevented the shock of the letter if earlier in the year the poor attendance was highlighted and that an alternative Xmas event was being considered, and perhaps an RSVP sent out so numbers could be predicted?

Likewise, the weekly bonus draw withdrawal should have been announced well in advance. Agents don't necessarily like changes in the terms on which they operate unless they feel bought into it. It certainly sends out a negative message.

Keep up the good work and see you at weekend.

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 13:53 - Nov 28 with 1782 viewskel

What’s with all this referring to people by name (both surname and forename) on somewhere they don’t publish it? I’m sure most are aware of who Chaff is but please can we not turn this into the bury board?
Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 15:03 - Nov 28 with 1633 viewsChaffRAFC

Merry Xmas Goldbond agent (singular) on 13:15 - Nov 28 by RaymondJohn

not calling you out David just answering your post, thank you for registering the hard work that gets done , I feel same with you which is why I tried to help you with lifts back to Shaw a few times and gave you one of my club issue coats to wear after doing your round in pissing down rain ,even picked you up from chippy once , we are all in in this together for one cause ROCHDALE AFC. thanks for your hard work Chaff it is really appreciated.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 13:21]

Which I'm grateful for, as I'm sure you were when I dropped the money off at your home address when, understandably, Shaw was a bit of a trek. Easier now I've moved to Heywood thankfully.

My views on the Xmas do remain but hopefully the majority of agents show up and have a good night.

There seems to be a bit of ill feeling between agents and the club at the minute. The end goal is that as much money as possible is raised for the club and hopefully we can all pull in the right direction to make that happen while agents are rewarded at the same time.

I may treat myself to a chippy tea now once I've done my round tonight.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024