Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP 18:26 - Mar 13 with 1005 viewsBigKindo

Murray Walker
RIP on 18:45 - Mar 13 with 968 viewsD_Alien

One of the great commentators

Stands alongside Richie Benaud, Eddie Wareing, Bill McLaren, Peter Alliss & Dan Maskell as the characterful voice that you heard when first learning the finer points of each particular sport, helping to popularise them with the masses

RIP

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

RIP on 19:00 - Mar 13 with 919 viewsSuddenLad

Not forgetting John Arlott in that parade of greats. The common theme amongst them is that not only were they masters of their craft, they were all universally well-liked.

I have no great affection for F1 motorsport, but I thought Murray Walker was outstanding as a commentator. At 97 years old, he had a great race before the chequered flag fell. RIP Murray.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

RIP on 19:07 - Mar 13 with 902 viewsTVOS1907

Blimey, BK, you and SL are like the Grim Reapers!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

RIP on 19:13 - Mar 13 with 878 viewspioneer

RIP on 19:00 - Mar 13 by SuddenLad

Not forgetting John Arlott in that parade of greats. The common theme amongst them is that not only were they masters of their craft, they were all universally well-liked.

I have no great affection for F1 motorsport, but I thought Murray Walker was outstanding as a commentator. At 97 years old, he had a great race before the chequered flag fell. RIP Murray.

henry longhurst, jim laker, harry carpenter, kenneth wolsteholme, alan weeks, all gone and in some cases forgotten.
RIP on 19:14 - Mar 13 with 867 viewsArthurDaley

RIP on 18:45 - Mar 13 by D_Alien

One of the great commentators

Stands alongside Richie Benaud, Eddie Wareing, Bill McLaren, Peter Alliss & Dan Maskell as the characterful voice that you heard when first learning the finer points of each particular sport, helping to popularise them with the masses

RIP

I don't know if Eddie ever said this , but, in a Eddie Waring voice. I have had a letter from a little old lady in Halifax who wants to know what a knock off is err a knock on.

A large VAT Dave

RIP on 19:21 - Mar 13 with 834 viewsD_Alien

RIP on 19:14 - Mar 13 by ArthurDaley

I don't know if Eddie ever said this , but, in a Eddie Waring voice. I have had a letter from a little old lady in Halifax who wants to know what a knock off is err a knock on.

Might've described the first as an "oopunoonder"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024