Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statue for Cloughie 17:24 - Jan 29 with 33028 viewsDaleiLama

Here's a link to the story

and here's a link to the just giving page for donations

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/davidclough

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Statue for Cloughie on 17:27 - Jan 29 with 10758 viewsBoss_Hog

A truly great idea and I just hope we can get enough donations to put up a lasting tribute at the stadium for Cloughie. Nobody will ever replicate what David Clough did for RAFC and what a brilliant idea to place a statue on his seat.

Hopefully this is something that even non-Dale fans will appreciate and want to donate towards.
Statue for Cloughie on 17:35 - Jan 29 with 10724 viewsboromat

Might be worth pinning this thread for a couple of weeks.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Statue for Cloughie on 17:46 - Jan 29 with 10695 viewsSuggers

Brilliant idea and very well deserved. Cloughie entertained my father in law in Mona Cliffs and he never lost his humour and love of the Dale.

I think the funds will be raised so worth someone picking up with the club to ensure they are ok with it. Maybe one for his estate executors?
Statue for Cloughie on 17:53 - Jan 29 with 10683 viewsAtThePeake

Statue for Cloughie on 17:46 - Jan 29 by Suggers

Brilliant idea and very well deserved. Cloughie entertained my father in law in Mona Cliffs and he never lost his humour and love of the Dale.

I think the funds will be raised so worth someone picking up with the club to ensure they are ok with it. Maybe one for his estate executors?

The tweet in the OP is from the club's official account

Tangled up in blue.

Statue for Cloughie on 18:55 - Jan 29 with 10566 views1907

Fantastic idea for a great man.

Hopefully some of the present and ex players with large social media followings could get involved & share the post?
Statue for Cloughie on 19:37 - Jan 29 with 10490 viewsroccydaleian

Statue for Cloughie on 17:53 - Jan 29 by AtThePeake

The tweet in the OP is from the club's official account

A great idea to which Iā€™ve donated to, however and this might address Suggerā€™s point, I canā€™t see the plan of retiring a seat and having a statue/structure placed in the seat being allowed, itā€™ll be possibly deemed to much of a blockage /hazard in an emergency evacuation procedure . I could of course be wrong but donā€™t be surprised if the original proposal isnā€™t allowed.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 19:39]
Statue for Cloughie on 19:57 - Jan 29 with 10446 viewsncfc_chalky

I've donated the Ā£20 that I won on the Dale lotto towards remembering Cloughy

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Statue for Cloughie on 20:02 - Jan 29 with 10436 viewskel

Statue for Cloughie on 19:57 - Jan 29 by ncfc_chalky

Nice one, Chalks. Really good to see someone giving something back.
Login to get fewer ads

Statue for Cloughie on 20:05 - Jan 29 with 10424 viewsjudd

Good lad, Chalky. Please don't make a cheque out to Cloughies statue.

What will you spend next weeks winnings on?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Statue for Cloughie on 20:07 - Jan 29 with 10421 viewsblackdogblue

Ć°Åøā€˜Ā great gesture cheers

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Statue for Cloughie on 20:28 - Jan 29 with 10379 viewsBoss_Hog

Luke Matheson has just donated Ā£100. Another anonymous donor has donated Ā£200, the total is over Ā£1800 already.
Statue for Cloughie on 22:28 - Jan 29 with 10197 viewsR17ALE

We've decided to double the target amount to Ā£5000.

Two reasons, we didn't think we'd get anywhere near Ā£2500 but thanks to the generosity of the fans we're nearly there already.

Secondly, you can do these things on the cheap, or with style. We think Cloughie deserves style. We're not being mercenary!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Statue for Cloughie on 22:30 - Jan 29 with 10192 viewsjudd

Statue for Cloughie on 22:28 - Jan 29 by R17ALE

We've decided to double the target amount to Ā£5000.

Two reasons, we didn't think we'd get anywhere near Ā£2500 but thanks to the generosity of the fans we're nearly there already.

Secondly, you can do these things on the cheap, or with style. We think Cloughie deserves style. We're not being mercenary!

Brilliant all round.

Statue for Cloughie on 22:59 - Jan 29 with 10151 viewsR17ALE

Statue for Cloughie on 22:30 - Jan 29 by judd

Brilliant all round.

Fans say nobody will ever emulate Cloughie's achievements again.

I agree. His efforts, his will, his paying in every week and so on was probably worth around Ā£1m over his life and death.

The only way a fan can now trump Cloughie is to win the lottery, and chuck Ā£1m in without any reward, or thanks.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Statue for Cloughie on 23:38 - Jan 29 with 10092 viewsTVOS1907

Statue for Cloughie on 22:59 - Jan 29 by R17ALE

Fans say nobody will ever emulate Cloughie's achievements again.

I agree. His efforts, his will, his paying in every week and so on was probably worth around Ā£1m over his life and death.

The only way a fan can now trump Cloughie is to win the lottery, and chuck Ā£1m in without any reward, or thanks.

Chalky's the man for that, given his winning streak.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Statue for Cloughie on 08:59 - Jan 30 with 9937 viewsrkershaw

Statue for Cloughie on 23:38 - Jan 29 by TVOS1907

Chalky's the man for that, given his winning streak.

Nearly enough to put a cheeky bid in to Bradford for Niall Canavan......some of his defending here (and more recently v Plymouth) was statuesque to say the least!!!!
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 9:02]
Statue for Cloughie on 09:05 - Jan 30 with 9929 viewsBoss_Hog

He won't be on his own in that regard! Target of Ā£2,500 now reached, so upwards and onwards towards Ā£5,000.

If fans can keep pushing footballers - particularly ex Dale players - to help promote the campaign, that would ensure we can get the statue Cloughie deserves.

Football is nothing without people like David Clough.
Statue for Cloughie on 09:46 - Jan 30 with 9853 viewsDaleiLama

Statue for Cloughie on 09:05 - Jan 30 by Boss_Hog

He won't be on his own in that regard! Target of Ā£2,500 now reached, so upwards and onwards towards Ā£5,000.

If fans can keep pushing footballers - particularly ex Dale players - to help promote the campaign, that would ensure we can get the statue Cloughie deserves.

Football is nothing without people like David Clough.

Fully agree and I was always taught if you don't ask you don't get, so I asked Humps to include it in his next vlog and sent the two links in the OP to the beeb to see if they'll cover it. Might all come to naught but worth trying to spread the word. Come to think of it I'll try Sky Sports too

Statue for Cloughie on 10:03 - Jan 30 with 9836 viewsJames1980

Statue for Cloughie on 09:46 - Jan 30 by DaleiLama

Fully agree and I was always taught if you don't ask you don't get, so I asked Humps to include it in his next vlog and sent the two links in the OP to the beeb to see if they'll cover it. Might all come to naught but worth trying to spread the word. Come to think of it I'll try Sky Sports too

How about Lineker, Shearer, Wright, Murray, Stelling etc.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Statue for Cloughie on 10:16 - Jan 30 with 9804 viewsDaleiLama

Statue for Cloughie on 10:03 - Jan 30 by James1980

How about Lineker, Shearer, Wright, Murray, Stelling etc.

Don't follow any of them on tw@tter but be my guest if you do
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 10:17]

Statue for Cloughie on 10:21 - Jan 30 with 9796 viewsjudd

Statue for Cloughie on 09:46 - Jan 30 by DaleiLama

Good initiative, and I hope the organisers don't mind but I've emailed the story to the BBC, addressed to Football Focus, Match of the Day and also to Radio Bolton. Gonna send to Granada Reports.

I've also suggested that I can put them in touch with the organisers rather than go through the club. Again, hope the organisers are OK with this.

Statue for Cloughie on 10:28 - Jan 30 with 9786 viewskel

Statue for Cloughie on 10:21 - Jan 30 by judd

Good initiative, and I hope the organisers don't mind but I've emailed the story to the BBC, addressed to Football Focus, Match of the Day and also to Radio Bolton. Gonna send to Granada Reports.

I've also suggested that I can put them in touch with the organisers rather than go through the club. Again, hope the organisers are OK with this.

Radio Bolton did mention the scoreboard story yesterday so canā€™t see why they wouldnā€™t mention a follow up.
Statue for Cloughie on 10:43 - Jan 30 with 9753 viewsjudd

Statue for Cloughie on 10:28 - Jan 30 by kel

Radio Bolton did mention the scoreboard story yesterday so canā€™t see why they wouldnā€™t mention a follow up.

Had a semi-automated reply from the BBC to acknowledge my email has been read and passed on to the relevant staff, but that they may not access the information until tomorrow.

Meh.

Statue for Cloughie on 10:47 - Jan 30 with 9741 viewskel

Statue for Cloughie on 10:43 - Jan 30 by judd

Had a semi-automated reply from the BBC to acknowledge my email has been read and passed on to the relevant staff, but that they may not access the information until tomorrow.

Meh.

Theyā€™ll all be busy on Wanderers stories today tbf.
Statue for Cloughie on 10:49 - Jan 30 with 9731 viewsDaleiLama

Statue for Cloughie on 10:21 - Jan 30 by judd

Asked a mate if he'll post links on Imps MB.

Anyone post on Liverpool, City or Utd MBs too?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024