Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets 07:13 - May 13 with 2035 viewsJames1980

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2021/may/25-year-season-tickets-explained/

Perhaps not 25 years but would this be worth considering

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 08:10 - May 13 with 1965 viewsDalenet

At £10,000 each I can see them queueing round the block at San Spotland.

Wimbledon is interesting. They have bond holders and debenture holders. Now potentially 500 twenty five year season ticket holders. Makes you wonder how they will drive match day revenues if so many fans pay up front.

Their statement to fans is excellent and clear. As I said recently, I wonder whether David B used his unnecessary trip to Wimbledon recently to hear how good they are at communications. He could learn a lot from them. One thing was clear to me, their statement that financial success is dependent on remaining a League One club. I agree. Our task is now even more difficult
Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 08:15 - May 13 with 1961 viewsjudd

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 08:10 - May 13 by Dalenet

At £10,000 each I can see them queueing round the block at San Spotland.

Wimbledon is interesting. They have bond holders and debenture holders. Now potentially 500 twenty five year season ticket holders. Makes you wonder how they will drive match day revenues if so many fans pay up front.

Their statement to fans is excellent and clear. As I said recently, I wonder whether David B used his unnecessary trip to Wimbledon recently to hear how good they are at communications. He could learn a lot from them. One thing was clear to me, their statement that financial success is dependent on remaining a League One club. I agree. Our task is now even more difficult

49thSeason has been suggesting something similar for here for quite some time, but not for 25 years duration.

With regards match day income, ours is c. 15% of annual turnover and I would suggest not too dissimilar throughout lower league football.

The shortfall should be relatively easy to make up, given a decent commercial department.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 08:23 - May 13 with 1953 viewspioneer

Hornets sold lifetime season tickets a few years back ....but lifetime meant exactly that so it couldnt be transferred on death.

The wombles on is transferrable so 25 years means 25 years.
Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 08:28 - May 13 with 1948 views442Dale

How have Wimbledon had time to sort this whilst simultaneously worrying why we haven’t got our own training ground?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 08:59 - May 13 with 1904 viewsDalenet

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 08:28 - May 13 by 442Dale

How have Wimbledon had time to sort this whilst simultaneously worrying why we haven’t got our own training ground?

Haha. They appear to have a finance committee - that makes recommendations to the Board. The Committee oversee the finances of the club, the debenture and bond holders, organised the £33m needed to build a new stadium, and are overseeing a covid related loss of £1m this season.

Sounds like a very well run club to me
Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 09:01 - May 13 with 1904 viewselectricblue

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 08:28 - May 13 by 442Dale

Dale could do a limited 500 5yr season ticket.
Main stand £1k
Sandy £600.

Dale could also limit so many of the 500 tickets for each area......

Just an idea to raise a bit of money

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 09:16 - May 13 with 1864 viewsDalenet

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 09:01 - May 13 by electricblue

Main stand £1k
Sandy £600.

Wimbledon aren't offering any discount on their deal. Their STs are significantly more than ours and if you pay £400 there you need to pay £400x25

I can't see why Dale, with a real challenge on revenue, would discount the tickets. The one benefit of buying say 5 years, is the guarantee on the seat and no future price increases. Plus you would be helping the club with cashflow
Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 10:33 - May 13 with 1764 viewsSalegraham

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 09:01 - May 13 by electricblue

Main stand £1k
Sandy £600.

How many folk on here are going to give Bottomley 5 years, if he's here more than another year there might not be a Rochdale AFC.
Login to get fewer ads

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 10:51 - May 13 with 1734 viewsBlueMessiah

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 10:33 - May 13 by Salegraham

How many folk on here are going to give Bottomley 5 years, if he's here more than another year there might not be a Rochdale AFC.

Or hand him 5 years worth of cash for him to pay some unnecessary new backroom staff?

Poll: Do I Know You?

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 11:26 - May 13 with 1670 viewsD_Alien

The main thing i'm taking from the Wimbledon initiative is the absolute contrast in both the style and content of communications between the club and the fans. Indeed, there barely seems to be a distinction to be made, whereas when our lot 'communicate' they seem to go out of their way to emphasise that distinction

No doubt much of the Wimbledon style is down to their history and the way the club is structured. So what did Bottomley bring back from his trip down there, apart from an inferiority complex on Dale's behalf? Summat about a training ground - imo a complete red herring in our current situation
[Post edited 13 May 2021 11:41]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 13:41 - May 13 with 1520 views49thseason

Its refreshing to see a club at our level albeit with bigger average gates and in a much wealthier part of the world running their club in a financially savvy way. The finance committee idea is genius and one Rochdale would do well to emulate. If they have 500 fans prepared to put in £10 - 12k for a 25 year ticket, good luck to them. Maybe their BoD will start the ball rolling?
I have no doubt the RAFC could develop a range of alternative investment propositions that might appeal to different sections of our supporters, sponsors and local people who maybe dont come to matches but would like to support the club.
I said a few days ago we are short of 2000 fans in the ground and £2m a year from outside it. The fact that 100 fans were prepared to go out every week selling lottery tickets indicates to me that the potential to do more is clearly there, it just needs imagination and the harnessing of the determination of the fan-base not to just let the club die slowly. Can we develop a number of ways to raise £50,000+ as a starting point?
1. Reinstate the door to door lottery
2. Start a "win a car" monthly draw, ressurect the Christmas raffles but bigger.
3. Stop the stupid discriminatory pricing for pay on the day and encourage more people to turn up to fill the empty searts
4. Turn the Ratclife into an eat-in / take away open 365 days a year
5. Run events on the car park... car boots, beer festivals, farmers markets etc.
6. Turn the discounts bit of the season tickets into a town-wide discounts voucher booklet including match discounts.
7. Extend all sales and marketing efforts into Bury , Rossendale , Shaw and everywhere inbetween.
8. Create supporters committees to supplement major areas of the club to leverage expertise and connections
9. Sell season tickets to local busineses as incentives and rewards.
10. Create an executive club as a Season ticket upgrade with genuine benefits such as a guaranteed seats for cup games, travel to away games, invitations to events etc.
11. Issue 1000 x £1000 25 year debentures paying coupon of say 5% a year or a further 10% discount on a season ticket for the duration. (essentially a 25 year loan to the club). https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/debenture.asp
Feel free to add more ideas....
Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 13:48 - May 13 with 1513 viewsjudd

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 13:41 - May 13 by 49thseason

Its refreshing to see a club at our level albeit with bigger average gates and in a much wealthier part of the world running their club in a financially savvy way. The finance committee idea is genius and one Rochdale would do well to emulate. If they have 500 fans prepared to put in £10 - 12k for a 25 year ticket, good luck to them. Maybe their BoD will start the ball rolling?
I have no doubt the RAFC could develop a range of alternative investment propositions that might appeal to different sections of our supporters, sponsors and local people who maybe dont come to matches but would like to support the club.
I said a few days ago we are short of 2000 fans in the ground and £2m a year from outside it. The fact that 100 fans were prepared to go out every week selling lottery tickets indicates to me that the potential to do more is clearly there, it just needs imagination and the harnessing of the determination of the fan-base not to just let the club die slowly. Can we develop a number of ways to raise £50,000+ as a starting point?
1. Reinstate the door to door lottery
2. Start a "win a car" monthly draw, ressurect the Christmas raffles but bigger.
3. Stop the stupid discriminatory pricing for pay on the day and encourage more people to turn up to fill the empty searts
4. Turn the Ratclife into an eat-in / take away open 365 days a year
5. Run events on the car park... car boots, beer festivals, farmers markets etc.
6. Turn the discounts bit of the season tickets into a town-wide discounts voucher booklet including match discounts.
7. Extend all sales and marketing efforts into Bury , Rossendale , Shaw and everywhere inbetween.
8. Create supporters committees to supplement major areas of the club to leverage expertise and connections
9. Sell season tickets to local busineses as incentives and rewards.
10. Create an executive club as a Season ticket upgrade with genuine benefits such as a guaranteed seats for cup games, travel to away games, invitations to events etc.
11. Issue 1000 x £1000 25 year debentures paying coupon of say 5% a year or a further 10% discount on a season ticket for the duration. (essentially a 25 year loan to the club). https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/debenture.asp
Feel free to add more ideas....

Sort the pie prices out

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 16:09 - May 13 with 1380 views49thseason

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 13:48 - May 13 by judd

Sort the pie prices out

Too cheap?
We should get the Plying Horse or similar to develop a range of pies and start selling them to local chippies and obviously on match days . "Big Reg pies!
Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 16:16 - May 13 with 1376 viewsjudd

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 16:09 - May 13 by 49thseason

Too cheap?
We should get the Plying Horse or similar to develop a range of pies and start selling them to local chippies and obviously on match days . "Big Reg pies!

You have mail

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 17:30 - May 13 with 1278 viewsRAFCBLUE

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 08:59 - May 13 by Dalenet

Haha. They appear to have a finance committee - that makes recommendations to the Board. The Committee oversee the finances of the club, the debenture and bond holders, organised the £33m needed to build a new stadium, and are overseeing a covid related loss of £1m this season.

Sounds like a very well run club to me

I've worked with someone who is on that finance committee and it is a well run, independent view of the financials with open recommendations to the Board which are put for proposal but without needing to be accepted.

It came out of them having to start again after the MK Franchise scandal where a number of fans decided that they must have a long view of taking their club back to the football league but also proper checks and balances to stop their assets (the ground, the training ground etc) every being stripped away from them by investors who may not have the club at heart.

It has taken them since 2001 to form and get back to being a third tier club and they will, IMO, continue to go from strength to strength based on the structures they have put in place and the layers of governance and scrutiny between elected directors, elected committee members, fans, sponsors and other stakeholders.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 18:19 - May 13 with 1222 viewsblackdogblue

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 13:48 - May 13 by judd

Sort the pie prices out

Prices? .....

Quality of food would be a fooking start, where’s the catering thread

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Wimbledon selling 25 year season tickets on 00:24 - May 14 with 1045 viewsHopwoodblue

We need new ideas for revenue to keep funding Brian’s secret contract extensions.
I’m sure they don’t come cheap, what’s left over we can spend on players wages,
It seems entertaining the paying fans is at the bottom of the clubs priorities.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024