Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
rangers not wanted.. 18:33 - Jun 25 with 6169 viewselectricblue

It seems that 5 teams in the SPL dont want rangers back and thus may have to play in the lower leagues....
I say good on yer whoever these 5 teams are stick to yer guns and dont be bullied into changing yer mind...
I hope our FA are watching this.....
Im all for team going to administration or liguidation starting in a much lower league..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

rangers not wanted.. on 18:51 - Jun 25 with 4120 viewsSuddenLad

Good. Great news is that.

I'd love to see Rangers playing at places like Golspie or Helmsdale or even Latheron. I would then believe that the SFA were serious in dealing with financial irregularities.

Perhaps others might get the message as well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

rangers not wanted.. on 19:21 - Jun 25 with 4075 viewsmacro

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577192

6 teams now against which means they won't get into the SPL, lets hope the SFA make them start in League 3 not League 1
rangers not wanted.. on 20:35 - Jun 25 with 3996 viewsTVOS1907

rangers not wanted.. on 18:51 - Jun 25 by SuddenLad

I'd love to see Rangers playing at places like Golspie or Helmsdale or even Latheron. I would then believe that the SFA were serious in dealing with financial irregularities.

Have you just made those place names up SuddenLad?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

rangers not wanted.. on 20:56 - Jun 25 with 3973 viewsSuddenLad

rangers not wanted.. on 20:35 - Jun 25 by TVOS1907

Have you just made those place names up SuddenLad?

No, I've been to them all. Check out the NE coast of Scotland.

http://www.incallander.co.uk/mapnorth.htm

They are all there. (and very nice they are too - especially the distillery !!)

rangers not wanted.. on 20:57 - Jun 25 with 3967 viewsTVOS1907

rangers not wanted.. on 20:56 - Jun 25 by SuddenLad

No, I've been to them all. Check out the NE coast of Scotland.

http://www.incallander.co.uk/mapnorth.htm

They are all there. (and very nice they are too - especially the distillery !!)

'Helmsdale' should post on here, surely.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

rangers not wanted.. on 21:00 - Jun 25 with 3956 viewselectricblue

Yeah i can just imagine rangers turning out on a piss poor rain swept day at threave rovers or wigtown...
Love it....

rangers not wanted.. on 21:02 - Jun 25 with 3951 viewsSuddenLad

rangers not wanted.. on 20:57 - Jun 25 by TVOS1907

'Helmsdale' should post on here, surely.

Good shout that.

All the aforementioned have football 'grounds' so Glasgow Newco/Club 12 may get a run out.

I wish.

rangers not wanted.. on 09:04 - Jun 26 with 3811 viewsfitzochris

The latest being put forward is that Dunfermline will be saved from relegation and Rangers will take their place in Division One.

This could be ensured by the First Division and SPL merging, which is being discussed at the minute, effectively giving us an SPL1 and SPL2 (a bit like the Budesliga but nowhere near as good).

There's a lot of surprise up here that SPL clubs are planning to vote the way they say, given they're effectively cutting off a regular source of income at least twice a season. However, to the neutral, it's refreshing that these clubs have made a stand.

The SPL will ultimately suffer from Rangers' absence, but that's nobody's fault but Rangers'. Initially, at least, there will be a lot of interest in Scottish football, as it will be the first time in Rangers' history that they've played outwith the top tier. Media sorts will be keen to see how they get on. Once that novelty wears thin, however, who knows what will happen?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

rangers not wanted.. on 11:03 - Jun 26 with 3745 viewsBarryStrange

Full credit to the other SPL clubs for taking a stand against not paying your debts.

If only we'd all been given a chance to vote on Rotherham when they went into admin for the 15th time, just before nicking Le Fondre off you and Cresswell off us.
rangers not wanted.. on 12:00 - Jun 26 with 3692 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I think the First Division/SPL2 option is only available to the SFA if the SPL clubs voted to allow the Newco to stay...then the SFA would impose a relegation on them as punishment for x, y, z (which are all the ongoing investigations).

If more than 4 clubs vote against them....its Division 3 only.

Justice but a shame for the clubs in Div 3 who would face massive policing costs, their ground may not be up to holding the fans (who are absolute c**ts and will undoubtedly terrorise Scottish towns!)

The fans are forcing the hands of the SPL clubs quite rightly so by refusing tobuy season tickets if the club votes for the Newco.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
rangers not wanted.. on 12:23 - Jun 26 with 3653 viewsfermin

rangers not wanted.. on 12:00 - Jun 26 by Albert_Whitehurst

I think the First Division/SPL2 option is only available to the SFA if the SPL clubs voted to allow the Newco to stay...then the SFA would impose a relegation on them as punishment for x, y, z (which are all the ongoing investigations).

If more than 4 clubs vote against them....its Division 3 only.

Justice but a shame for the clubs in Div 3 who would face massive policing costs, their ground may not be up to holding the fans (who are absolute c**ts and will undoubtedly terrorise Scottish towns!)

The fans are forcing the hands of the SPL clubs quite rightly so by refusing tobuy season tickets if the club votes for the Newco.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

As far as I understand it there is now a vacancy in the SFL to which clubs outside the league can apply. This includes the new Rangers and perhaps regular non-League applicants such as Spartans - similar to the old reelection process down here. Raith and Falkirk have already said they oppose putting the new Rangers in Division 1 (aka SPL2 if that goes through); not sure on their views about Division 3:

http://www.raithrovers.net/3766/statement-of-board-of-directors.htm
rangers not wanted.. on 12:33 - Jun 26 with 3636 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

didnt Gretna have to start at Bottom when they Folded why should Gers get any special treatment?

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

rangers not wanted.. on 13:33 - Jun 26 with 3592 viewsfitzochris

rangers not wanted.. on 12:33 - Jun 26 by DaleAwaydayBot

didnt Gretna have to start at Bottom when they Folded why should Gers get any special treatment?

They shouldn't, but they will.

rangers not wanted.. on 14:41 - Jun 26 with 3541 viewsolympicdale

this is a chance for the SFA to show some balls and chuck Rangers down were they deserve to be, no special treatment can be given no matter what, take your punishment Rangers an stop trying to whinge and moan.

Life is a game of fate.

rangers not wanted.. on 14:49 - Jun 26 with 3540 viewswimborne_dale

(At the risk of inducing further scorn from USA Dale) If Rangers start in Div 3, I guess they will still have a huge fan base compared to their competitors so they will be able to afford to buy some players that are way too good for the division. So they might run up some rugby scores there.

Edgar Allan's Crow

rangers not wanted.. on 14:51 - Jun 26 with 3538 viewselectricblue

How many people would have rangers as first choice on their coupon....

rangers not wanted.. on 16:30 - Jun 26 with 3498 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

rangers not wanted.. on 14:41 - Jun 26 by olympicdale

this is a chance for the SFA to show some balls and chuck Rangers down were they deserve to be, no special treatment can be given no matter what, take your punishment Rangers an stop trying to whinge and moan.

Remember Rangers challenged the SFA over the transfer embargo and won recently...I think the newco cannot expect any kind of favour from the SFA in future.

Bearing in mind the SFA are still investigating Rangers over the EBT, there is still the tax issue to resolve with HMRC. The decision on the newco comes before most of these issues are sorted. It would be negligence on an unprecedented scale to bring the newco to the to the SPL.

Rod Petrie is most of the most vicivorous against the newco coming into the SPL...and he is on the SFA Board!
rangers not wanted.. on 17:31 - Jun 26 with 3469 viewselectricblue

rangers not wanted.. on 16:30 - Jun 26 by Albert_Whitehurst

Remember Rangers challenged the SFA over the transfer embargo and won recently...I think the newco cannot expect any kind of favour from the SFA in future.

Bearing in mind the SFA are still investigating Rangers over the EBT, there is still the tax issue to resolve with HMRC. The decision on the newco comes before most of these issues are sorted. It would be negligence on an unprecedented scale to bring the newco to the to the SPL.

Rod Petrie is most of the most vicivorous against the newco coming into the SPL...and he is on the SFA Board!

Div 3 then it is..
At least they might win something....

rangers not wanted.. on 17:34 - Jun 26 with 3462 viewsfitzochris

According to David Longmuir, if Rangers are admitted to the SFL then, yes, it's Division Three for them. But we'll see...

rangers not wanted.. on 19:43 - Jun 27 with 3344 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Wonder where they'll get the players from....9 rejected transfer of contracts to the newco now!!
rangers not wanted.. on 20:05 - Jun 27 with 3323 viewsSuddenLad

rangers not wanted.. on 19:43 - Jun 27 by Albert_Whitehurst

Wonder where they'll get the players from....9 rejected transfer of contracts to the newco now!!

.......and another late take over bid from their former chief scout who was dismissed last week.

Bloody farce.

rangers not wanted.. on 22:10 - Jun 27 with 3280 viewsphomem

rangers not wanted.. on 19:43 - Jun 27 by Albert_Whitehurst

Three yes to newco, looking like league 2 or 3 for themâš½
rangers not wanted.. on 19:20 - Jun 28 with 3198 viewsmacro

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18625293

looking more like a one division relegation
rangers not wanted.. on 19:21 - Jun 28 with 3193 viewsolympicdale

rangers not wanted.. on 19:20 - Jun 28 by macro

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18625293

looking more like a one division relegation

knew it!

Life is a game of fate.

rangers not wanted.. on 20:59 - Jun 28 with 3146 viewsPerthDale

Two of those places have teams, but in the North Caledonian Amateur League. Even if Rangers were punished that harshly they'd be in the Southern Glasgow Saturday Morning League (or whatever it's called).

More appropriately, put them in the Western Junior League playing against the likes of Benburb, Arthulie and Pollok!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024