Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
today's game 17:24 - Jan 18 with 3191 viewspnc4eva1

Professional approach and performance.

Deserved the win after bossing the game.

Ried was rather large.

Sending off was deserved as the challenge was dreadful.

Still don't understand how Henderson got the ball in.

Allen's goal well set up by George.

Rose's goal was superb.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

today's game on 17:28 - Jan 18 with 3157 views442Dale

Reid was having some real issues with his new green shorts before kick off.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

today's game on 17:41 - Jan 18 with 3048 views1907

That's the worst I've seen us play for quite a while and to win 3-0 is exceptional. Never really got the passing going today and for me there are too many players playing in positions that aren't their strongest. However we've won so I won't complain too much. You're not going to see 3 better goals anywhere on the TV tonight than the ones we've scored today. Top top drawer. Thought Lillis made a couple of cracking saves and the lads at the back did well against the very difficult Reid. Sending off was a terrible challenge and fully deserved. Also sounds like Hogan is as good as gone with Jackett sat watching. But with talks of the fee being around 1 million what can we do.
today's game on 17:51 - Jan 18 with 2970 views442Dale

Which players are playing in the wring positions? Swapping Done and Rose has seen two 3-0 wins and both seem to be enjoying their new roles. Done especially thrives with more of the pitch in front of him rather than receiving the ball 30 yards further up the touchline with a defender at his back. 

The passing was excellent first half but it did get a bit scrappy in the second half until Dicker came on and we started to keep it again well. Proof that if the pace of a game is to his liking, Dicker will thrive. Still prefer Cavanagh in there obviously. 

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

today's game on 17:53 - Jan 18 with 2938 viewsboromat

today's game on 17:41 - Jan 18 by 1907

That's the worst I've seen us play for quite a while and to win 3-0 is exceptional. Never really got the passing going today and for me there are too many players playing in positions that aren't their strongest. However we've won so I won't complain too much. You're not going to see 3 better goals anywhere on the TV tonight than the ones we've scored today. Top top drawer. Thought Lillis made a couple of cracking saves and the lads at the back did well against the very difficult Reid. Sending off was a terrible challenge and fully deserved. Also sounds like Hogan is as good as gone with Jackett sat watching. But with talks of the fee being around 1 million what can we do.

I don't it's a case of us not playing as well. We did what we had to to win the game and nothing more. Which is exactly what we should be doing with the amount of football we've played recently and with the games coming up. Great use of the squad today Donnelly was always a threat and Allen is going to be some player! Best passer of the ball we have!

Hopefully Cav and O'Connell both recover from their knocks but I wouldn't be surprised if Eastham and Dicker play on Tuesday night.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

today's game on 17:53 - Jan 18 with 2935 views1907

For me Rose is more effective from full back with his left peg. He doesn't have the pace to maneuver himself into positions to cause as much damage from left midfield. Against a team with a tricky right winger we will come unstuck with the left side as it is.
today's game on 18:00 - Jan 18 with 2849 viewsregjenkins

today's game on 17:28 - Jan 18 by 442Dale

Reid was having some real issues with his new green shorts before kick off.

the jolly green giant?

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

today's game on 18:01 - Jan 18 with 2831 viewsD_Alien

today's game on 17:53 - Jan 18 by 1907

For me Rose is more effective from full back with his left peg. He doesn't have the pace to maneuver himself into positions to cause as much damage from left midfield. Against a team with a tricky right winger we will come unstuck with the left side as it is.

The results we've had with Done at left back have been outstanding - but I tend to agree!

Now what WOULD be effective would be to have Done and Rose swapping positions as the game dictates. Of course they cover for each other, but too often (today at least) Matty Done foraged forward then seemed to stop himself when it'd have been more effective to continue his run and stretch the play, knowing Rose was covering his arse.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

today's game on 18:08 - Jan 18 with 2768 views1907

today's game on 18:01 - Jan 18 by D_Alien

The results we've had with Done at left back have been outstanding - but I tend to agree!

Now what WOULD be effective would be to have Done and Rose swapping positions as the game dictates. Of course they cover for each other, but too often (today at least) Matty Done foraged forward then seemed to stop himself when it'd have been more effective to continue his run and stretch the play, knowing Rose was covering his arse.

That's exactly how I wanted to word it. I think the understanding Rose and Henderson have when they're out on the left is out strongest outlet of attack. Hendo can be less effective when deployed more centrally at times. God I love that man.
Login to get fewer ads

today's game on 19:55 - Jan 18 with 2428 viewsArthurDaley

For the first time in a couple of years I went in Pearl Street, great decision to play towards the Sandy in the first half. Other wise I would not have been able to fully appreciate Hendersons goal fully, and Rose's effort. How Henderson managed to score from there. Who knows how he did it.
And a word about George, hes still the

A large VAT Dave

today's game on 22:24 - Jan 18 with 2205 viewsstuartcryer

we have to speculate to accumalate we now have extra left back and extra left mid, we passed spot on today making plymouth run around chasing shadows we played in second gear as we have a lot of big games to come in hilly we trust spot on again today

wardle blue

today's game on 01:01 - Jan 19 with 2055 viewsShun

That commentator on the FLS was creaming over us.
today's game on 08:25 - Jan 19 with 1927 viewsColDale

Didn't think we were that fantastic yesterday, but i think our early goal probably worked against us in that respect.

Flicker's right when he talks about fluidity. Two of our best players missed the starting line up yesterday and there were no concerns. Our previous promotion team had stand out performers, but we are so much more of a team / squad this time round, and Hill's in danger of doing in 18 months what it took him three and a half years to do last time.

Win on Tuesday, and we'll be favourites against SWFC at this rate
today's game on 11:12 - Jan 19 with 1763 viewsaleanddale

today's game on 17:51 - Jan 18 by 442Dale

Which players are playing in the wring positions? Swapping Done and Rose has seen two 3-0 wins and both seem to be enjoying their new roles. Done especially thrives with more of the pitch in front of him rather than receiving the ball 30 yards further up the touchline with a defender at his back. 

The passing was excellent first half but it did get a bit scrappy in the second half until Dicker came on and we started to keep it again well. Proof that if the pace of a game is to his liking, Dicker will thrive. Still prefer Cavanagh in there obviously. 

Funny I thought Dicker was off the pace again - he needs more game time and isnt the type of player to receive rave reviews as the defensive midfielder.

Not quite at our best and we win 3-0 - hopeful that speaks volumes.

3 x belting goals - Hendo is a marvel.

We are just clicking at the right time but 2 very tough games now Tuesday and Sat!!

Bring it on!!

Up the Dale.
today's game on 11:33 - Jan 19 with 1718 viewsmacro

I'd take a point at Chesterfield now
today's game on 14:00 - Jan 19 with 1607 viewsD_Alien

today's game on 11:33 - Jan 19 by macro

I'd take a point at Chesterfield now

Me too. But lets just think about it... apart from Scunthorpe - and it's now obvious there was a really good team in there just waiting to be liberated by the removal of Brian Laws - the rest of L2 will look upon a fixture against us as a huge test of their fitness and ability.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

today's game on 14:27 - Jan 19 with 1568 viewsmidlandsdale

Any news on Lund?
today's game on 16:43 - Jan 19 with 1494 viewsaleanddale

today's game on 14:27 - Jan 19 by midlandsdale

Any news on Lund?

Fingers croseed he is back sooner rather than later...

I have no idea how serious his injury is.

I am sure there is somebody on here in the know????
today's game on 16:50 - Jan 19 with 1465 viewsisitme

today's game on 16:43 - Jan 19 by aleanddale

Fingers croseed he is back sooner rather than later...

I have no idea how serious his injury is.

I am sure there is somebody on here in the know????

He is fit for Tuesday. Could have played yesterday but hasn't trained for a couple of weeks.
today's game on 22:22 - Jan 19 with 1368 viewsrochdale1987

Very pleased with how solid we are looking at the moment, excellent from the whole team again. Tuesday night will be very interesting to see as it's a huge game for us.
today's game on 07:15 - Jan 20 with 1257 viewsaleanddale

Chesterfield now is a huge game for the club.

Hilly will get it right i am convinced.

last 5 x league games - 4 x wins.

No need to be fearful lets get at Chesterfield early and look to extend this amazing league run of form.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024