Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pivotal moments in our season 10:58 - May 1 with 2032 viewsDaley_Lama

A win is 3 points. A Draw is 1 point. Simple stuff, the table doesn't lie etc etc etc

But.....

Henderson away at Cheltenham - We didn't half nick 2 points there and it spurred us on to....

Northampton at home - How on earth did we win that game?

The handball for the first away at Chesterfield - we didn't have nick 2 points off Chesterfield there and gain one ourselves, without that the title chance wouldn't exist.

Burton at home - Thanks Lainton, we were going nowhere and that kept Burton at arms length

I'm sure there are more but those stick out immediately to me.

Poll: DF in or out

Pivotal moments in our season on 11:22 - May 1 with 1986 viewsTalkingSutty

The draw at Fleetwood and Lillis last minute saves at bURY and Bristol Rovers.
Pivotal moments in our season on 11:28 - May 1 with 1968 viewsyorkshirefan

As you mention Lama, Chesterfield away for me
Pivotal moments in our season on 11:41 - May 1 with 1941 viewslurker

Pivotal moment for this season for me was when Jamie Allen's parents got it on about 20 years ago. This lad came out of nowhere to make a big contribution to our season!
Pivotal moments in our season on 12:46 - May 1 with 1828 viewsD_Alien

Boxing Day

Mansfield at home, 3-0

Lillis was out injured, Thomson came in and proved he could handle first team football

Lillis came back the next game and suddenly raised his game

All doubts about him have since been removed, and we never looked back

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pivotal moments in our season on 12:55 - May 1 with 1801 viewspaulscho

All without a million pound rated striker for a third of the season ...who knows how many points with Scotty fully fit all season .

livinginadalewonderland

Pivotal moments in our season on 15:04 - May 1 with 1660 viewsregjenkins

There's always two sides to a coin though.. what about the games we should have won or worse shouldn't have lost?

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Pivotal moments in our season on 15:17 - May 1 with 1638 viewsTalkingSutty

Pivotal moments in our season on 15:04 - May 1 by regjenkins

There's always two sides to a coin though.. what about the games we should have won or worse shouldn't have lost?

Correct but over a season you get what you deserve and i havent seen three better teams than Rochdale this season.

I have seen periods of play during certain games that i havent seen matched by any other team in this league and analysis of our individual players shows we would be worthy winners of the league. Having said that whoever wins it will have done it on merit.

Fleetwood are the big underachievers when you look at their financial clout.

Another big pivotal moment was when Hilly decided to lose his marbles and decreed Done should be a left back.....masterstroke!!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Pivotal moments in our season on 15:20 - May 1 with 1626 viewsD_Alien

Pivotal moments in our season on 15:17 - May 1 by TalkingSutty

Correct but over a season you get what you deserve and i havent seen three better teams than Rochdale this season.

I have seen periods of play during certain games that i havent seen matched by any other team in this league and analysis of our individual players shows we would be worthy winners of the league. Having said that whoever wins it will have done it on merit.

Fleetwood are the big underachievers when you look at their financial clout.

Another big pivotal moment was when Hilly decided to lose his marbles and decreed Done should be a left back.....masterstroke!!

This post has been edited by an administrator

Be careful TS, you'll have TVOS reminding you that Rose was injured at the time!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Pivotal moments in our season on 15:23 - May 1 with 1615 viewsTalkingSutty

Pivotal moments in our season on 15:20 - May 1 by D_Alien

Be careful TS, you'll have TVOS reminding you that Rose was injured at the time!

You know me, i am always quick to give Hilly credit, ha ha.
Pivotal moments in our season on 15:23 - May 1 with 1611 viewsSandyman

Shocking one-sided ref in the home game V Scunny , with his 2 red cards, penalty, and the 0-4 defeat certainly made the title shot a whole lot more difficult. But with 9 men against 12 what can you do ? With a fair ref, if we'd have scraped a draw that night, we'd be first not second, and the third promotion spot would still be up for grabs.
Pivotal moments in our season on 15:38 - May 1 with 1573 viewsjudd

50p off a pint in the Ratcliffe.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pivotal moments in our season on 15:56 - May 1 with 1536 viewsTVOS1907

Pivotal moments in our season on 15:20 - May 1 by D_Alien

I won't.

He was suspended.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pivotal moments in our season on 16:40 - May 1 with 1458 viewsaleanddale

Pivotal moments in our season on 15:23 - May 1 by Sandyman

Shocking one-sided ref in the home game V Scunny , with his 2 red cards, penalty, and the 0-4 defeat certainly made the title shot a whole lot more difficult. But with 9 men against 12 what can you do ? With a fair ref, if we'd have scraped a draw that night, we'd be first not second, and the third promotion spot would still be up for grabs.

Agreed the lowest point of my season the ref seemed hell bent on making our lives a misery!!

We still have a title shot last day though!!

Who whould have thought that possible!!

Up the Dale.

Come on the Fishy Fleetwooders.
Pivotal moments in our season on 16:40 - May 1 with 1453 viewsmikehunt

The first inkling something might be on the cards was our away win at Morecambe. They were looking a force at the time.
Then the Burton game: to keep them at arms length and the confidence that instilled was the moment for me. Good old Gorgeous - goal of the season :-)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Pivotal moments in our season on 16:58 - May 1 with 1417 viewsSaxonDale

Chipgate.
Pivotal moments in our season on 17:02 - May 1 with 1403 viewsDevonDale

Pivotal moments in our season on 16:58 - May 1 by SaxonDale

Chipgate.

"You're not bringing those chips through this gate"
Pivotal moments in our season on 17:37 - May 1 with 1357 viewsSalwaDale

Bunney's goal just after half time at Bristol Rovers. The belief seemed to come flooding back after that.

TBBT

Pivotal moments in our season on 18:29 - May 1 with 1305 viewsolympicdale

The win at Bristol, that was our Accy moment of 2014.

Losing 2 on the bounce 3-0, 1-0 down, showed huge belief and determination to come back, showed the strength of character in the squad

I don't think there is one result, like the Bradford game of 2010 that kicked the team on, they have always seemed to have the confidence and belief from August, that they had enough to go up. There have been some huge moments in the season, Hendos last minute goal vs chelts and the 2 goals against Chesterfield were massive in the contents of the year, but the team has just gone about their business on the whole, with one or two major slip ups, but those didn't derail them too far.
[Post edited 1 May 2014 18:32]

Life is a game of fate.

Pivotal moments in our season on 18:51 - May 1 with 1262 viewsantmarina

Pivotal moments in our season on 18:29 - May 1 by olympicdale

The win at Bristol, that was our Accy moment of 2014.

Losing 2 on the bounce 3-0, 1-0 down, showed huge belief and determination to come back, showed the strength of character in the squad

I don't think there is one result, like the Bradford game of 2010 that kicked the team on, they have always seemed to have the confidence and belief from August, that they had enough to go up. There have been some huge moments in the season, Hendos last minute goal vs chelts and the 2 goals against Chesterfield were massive in the contents of the year, but the team has just gone about their business on the whole, with one or two major slip ups, but those didn't derail them too far.
[Post edited 1 May 2014 18:32]

The are many but the main 2 for me were:

November - #BrandonsBeard

The FA cup match v Leeds - time to believe that we could do something this season. Watching dale on live streaming and that Hendo goal was just amazing
Pivotal moments in our season on 20:49 - May 1 with 1145 viewsShun

The two quite unbelievable comebacks from losing to winning in the final few minutes of two successive games against Cheltenham and Northampton to go top of the league.
Pivotal moments in our season on 21:56 - May 1 with 1095 viewsAlexF

for me it was 2-0 against leeds, 5 minutes left, anyone, everyone would expect a L2 outfit to be hoofing the ball down the pitch to see it out. Not us, we put something like 16 consecutive passes together, played possession footie, I roared with laughter at the brilliance of it, it was then that I knew what a great set of players these can be.
Pivotal moments in our season on 09:08 - May 2 with 972 viewsfrenzied

Pivotal moments in our season on 11:22 - May 1 by TalkingSutty

Agree completely with this
Pivotal moments in our season on 10:17 - May 2 with 930 viewsdingdangblue

Pivotal moments in our season on 11:22 - May 1 by TalkingSutty

That point at Fleetwood - so close to the end of the season - looks so huge now. Especially how these last few games have panned out. Must also thank Exeter for beating both Fleetwood 3-0 and Scunthorpe 2-0 .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pivotal moments in our season on 11:17 - May 2 with 881 viewsaleanddale

Pivotal moments in our season on 10:17 - May 2 by dingdangblue

That point at Fleetwood - so close to the end of the season - looks so huge now. Especially how these last few games have panned out. Must also thank Exeter for beating both Fleetwood 3-0 and Scunthorpe 2-0 .

Must also thank Exeter for beating both Fleetwood 3-0 and Scunthorpe 2-0 .

Big help!!

and makes our 1-0 win down there look priceless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024