Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rip lord flashheart 16:17 - Jun 9 with 2261 viewsmacro

Shame enjoyed the insane comedy growing up.
Rip lord flashheart on 16:35 - Jun 9 with 2201 viewsTomRAFC

Just heard the news. It's easy to forget just how much he did! A real loss to british comedy. My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Can't help but remember the young ones sketch where Rick's mortality comes to the fore!

Rick: "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say, "Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead! And then one particularly sensitive and articulate teenager will say, "Why kids, do you understand nothing? How can Rick be dead when we still have his poems?"

Neil: can you, like, actually kill yourself with laxative pills?

Vyvyan: I don't know, Neil, but I'm going to stay and find out!

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Rip lord flashheart on 16:54 - Jun 9 with 2151 viewsSuddenLad

Not my personal 'cup of tea' but undoubtedly a very gifted performer. An insanely young age to die and a terrible loss to the those whose lives he shared and to the entertainment industry.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rip lord flashheart on 16:58 - Jun 9 with 2146 viewsColDale

I think every time at school the video came out, we would waste the next ten minutes saying "have we got a video?" over and over again.
Rip lord flashheart on 17:40 - Jun 9 with 2094 viewsTTNYear

Although the clip above hasn't aged very well, The Young Ones was the first alternative comedy of its time, especially that I remember. All we had was The Good Life and Terry and June at the time. I remember it used to be on BBC 2 at 9-30, and begging my parents to let me stay up and watch it, as it would be the 'talk of the playground'. Rik Mayall's best character had to be Flashheart

'Hi Nursey, I like it firm and fruity' and 'she's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils' .... Are two lines that make me laugh, even though I've heard them millions of times.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Rip lord flashheart on 18:03 - Jun 9 with 2055 viewsDaley_Lama

Rip lord flashheart on 17:40 - Jun 9 by TTNYear

Although the clip above hasn't aged very well, The Young Ones was the first alternative comedy of its time, especially that I remember. All we had was The Good Life and Terry and June at the time. I remember it used to be on BBC 2 at 9-30, and begging my parents to let me stay up and watch it, as it would be the 'talk of the playground'. Rik Mayall's best character had to be Flashheart

'Hi Nursey, I like it firm and fruity' and 'she's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils' .... Are two lines that make me laugh, even though I've heard them millions of times.

RIP Lord Flasheart.

Woof!

Poll: DF in or out

Rip lord flashheart on 18:51 - Jun 9 with 1980 viewsArthurDaley

Loved him as Alan B'stard in the New Statesman. This speech could come from the Tory party.

A large VAT Dave

Rip lord flashheart on 20:24 - Jun 9 with 1863 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Absolute genius. Loved him to bits. There was a documentary on Blackadder quite a few years back in which Stephen Fry said something along the lines of that he just commanded the entire screen and you couldn't compete with him. He said the Blackadder cast all just stood back in awe and watched this force of nature.

One of his lesser known characters but still great:-

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Rip lord flashheart on 20:37 - Jun 9 with 1834 viewsChaffRAFC

A very sad loss indeed.

I remember as kids, me and my mate would watch Bottom all the time and be sat there, crying with laughter. We always had to go round to his to watch it because my Mum and Dad wouldn't let me and his parents found it as funny as we did.

RIP

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Rip lord flashheart on 20:41 - Jun 9 with 1823 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Couldn't resist this one. Comedy acting at its very best.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Rip lord flashheart on 21:02 - Jun 9 with 1792 viewsnordenblue

Bottom and the young ones are comedy gold and during that time I'd watch and replay the same episode repeatedly,not a lot since has amused me enough to do the same.
A sad loss
Rip lord flashheart on 21:04 - Jun 9 with 1789 viewsKenBoon

He was a brilliant, b-williant comedian. I remember doing an episode of Bottom in Drama at school (Gove should add it to GCSE English). It was one of those shows that you'd be in pain you laughed so much. The Comic Strip, Presents, Blackadder, The Young Ones and The New Statesman were quite brilliant too.
Rip lord flashheart on 06:04 - Jun 10 with 1667 viewsJumeirahDale

Difficult to describe him without using the cliche "comedy genius", but that's absolutely what Rik Mayall was. Everytime I see one of those manky rubber johnny machines in a pub toilet...

Richie:: What kind do you want?
Eddie:: Rubber ones.
Richie:: Yeah, but there's ribbed, the tickler, and ultrasensitive.
Eddie:: Ripped? Who's going to want a ripped condom?
Richie:: Must be for people who want to get pregnant. Well I don't think ultrasensitive is our style, do you? The tickler it is. Oh, what colour?
Eddie:: What have they got?
Richie:: There's black, gold, union jack and leopard skin. Which do you think's the most romantic?
Eddie:: Well union jack, obviously!
Richie:: Right, a union jack tickler it is. Oh, what flavour?
Eddie:: Flavour?
Richie:: Yeah, there's chocolate, strawberry, marmite and cheese and onion.
Eddie:: Well everyone likes cheese and onion, don't they?
Richie:: Of course they do. A cheese and onion union jack tickler it is. Bagsy me first go with it.
Eddie:: ...No, no, get two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024