Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will we win in the league 17:18 - Sep 3 with 10246 viewsinthenet

I think we will really struggle in the league this season and I can't honestly see us getting a win until the new year....we really need a left back , centre back good organiser and tackler in midfield along with a proven scorer on loan if only for 3 months.
In other words shocking planning over pre-season.

Rastrickblue

When will we win in the league on 17:20 - Sep 3 with 5967 viewsflyerdale

We cant sign loan players until next transfer window. We are stuck with what we have got unfortunatley
[Post edited 3 Sep 2016 17:24]
When will we win in the league on 17:21 - Sep 3 with 5951 viewsDale23years

We can't get no f ucker on loan
We are stuck with this shower of shit

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

When will we win in the league on 17:21 - Sep 3 with 5939 viewsinthenet

Oh no ... now we're in the deep deep crap

Rastrickblue

When will we win in the league on 17:25 - Sep 3 with 5891 viewsdingdangblue

Well we are struggling to keep clean sheets and we cant score goals - usually that is a recipe for disaster. On the plus side we aren't getting any hammerings so it could all change - putting Henderson further forward is a start and hopefully with Vincenti, Lund and Camps back we can start playing midfielder's in midfield - which bizarrely Hill was so critical of Roy Hodgson of in the Euro's.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

When will we win in the league on 17:26 - Sep 3 with 5872 viewspearlstreet1

Totally agree
When will we win in the league on 17:59 - Sep 3 with 5729 viewsirisaln

When will we win in the league on 17:25 - Sep 3 by dingdangblue

Well we are struggling to keep clean sheets and we cant score goals - usually that is a recipe for disaster. On the plus side we aren't getting any hammerings so it could all change - putting Henderson further forward is a start and hopefully with Vincenti, Lund and Camps back we can start playing midfielder's in midfield - which bizarrely Hill was so critical of Roy Hodgson of in the Euro's.

Henderson further forward? OFFSIDE OFFSIDE OFFSIDE !!!!!!!!!
When will we win in the league on 18:36 - Sep 3 with 5598 viewsAtThePeake

When will we win in the league on 17:59 - Sep 3 by irisaln

Henderson further forward? OFFSIDE OFFSIDE OFFSIDE !!!!!!!!!

Henderson in his current role? CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!

Just me who would drop Henderson altogether? He's had more sendings offs than good performances this year.

Tangled up in blue.

When will we win in the league on 21:01 - Sep 3 with 5397 viewsDickydaler

When will we win in the league on 18:36 - Sep 3 by AtThePeake

Just me who would drop Henderson altogether? He's had more sendings offs than good performances this year.

I thought he had a good first half. Just need someone to put it in the back of the net.
Login to get fewer ads

When will we win in the league on 21:23 - Sep 3 with 5317 views442Dale

When will we win in the league on 18:36 - Sep 3 by AtThePeake

If we had more options up front, he'd be on the bench for me too. Needs a chance as a centre forward and to concentrate on his own game rather than others'.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

When will we win in the league on 22:58 - Sep 3 with 5211 viewsdavidab2202

When will we win in the league on 17:25 - Sep 3 by dingdangblue

Whilst accepting that defensively we are not perfect,any team that as only conceded one goal in each of the last 5 games should have got more points then the 2 we have managed which would suggest that problems at the other end of the team are possibly even more in need of being addressed. Goals scored win games.
When will we win in the league on 23:20 - Sep 3 with 5154 viewsShun

When will we win in the league on 22:58 - Sep 3 by davidab2202

Whilst accepting that defensively we are not perfect,any team that as only conceded one goal in each of the last 5 games should have got more points then the 2 we have managed which would suggest that problems at the other end of the team are possibly even more in need of being addressed. Goals scored win games.

I'd agree with this. The fact we haven't lost by more than one goal and we've only conceded 8 in 6 hints more that our problems lie in scoring goals rather than conceding them. We're creating the chances, plenty of them - we just aren't putting them away and, truthfully, not really looking like doing either. I think if we solve the problem up front then the problems at the back won't look anywhere near as alarming.
When will we win in the league on 23:49 - Sep 3 with 5104 viewssalty

When will we win in the league on 23:20 - Sep 3 by Shun

I'd agree with this. The fact we haven't lost by more than one goal and we've only conceded 8 in 6 hints more that our problems lie in scoring goals rather than conceding them. We're creating the chances, plenty of them - we just aren't putting them away and, truthfully, not really looking like doing either. I think if we solve the problem up front then the problems at the back won't look anywhere near as alarming.

I'd disagree with this, we've been a defensive disaster also, just lucky we haven't conceded more, losing by the odd goal has flattered us as on occasions,we could of had some embarrassing score lines if the opposition put there chances away! Bunney, RNL,Odelusi,Thompson is just a joke and it's not bad luck we are where we are. We are where we are cause we ain't good enough and recruitment has been laughable, signing players who turn out to be not good enough can be forgiven, signing players who are not good enough again and extending contracts of players who ain't good enough is unacceptable.
When will we win in the league on 06:34 - Sep 4 with 4989 viewsdavidab2202

When will we win in the league on 23:49 - Sep 3 by salty

I'd disagree with this, we've been a defensive disaster also, just lucky we haven't conceded more, losing by the odd goal has flattered us as on occasions,we could of had some embarrassing score lines if the opposition put there chances away! Bunney, RNL,Odelusi,Thompson is just a joke and it's not bad luck we are where we are. We are where we are cause we ain't good enough and recruitment has been laughable, signing players who turn out to be not good enough can be forgiven, signing players who are not good enough again and extending contracts of players who ain't good enough is unacceptable.

Being an"absent" fan by reason of residency for much of the season so not yet seen a game this season but statistics (if the BBC is to be believed ) would possibly reiterate my previous post in so far as in the five games in question we had more shots then the opposition ,with more of them on target then the opposition which perhaps questions the quality of the finishing.
When will we win in the league on 07:23 - Sep 4 with 4963 viewsTalkingSutty

When will we win in the league on 23:49 - Sep 3 by salty

Supporters are well within their rights to ask what's going on in the mind of Keith Hill. Every manager wants to keep improving his team but when you see Thompson, RNL and Holness being brought back into the Club you have got to start asking serious questions.Supporters at any Club in the land would do the same thing.

None of them are barely league two standard and RNL was notorious for being injured so no surprise there. If he re- signed them because they are friends of his ( his words) then that's a insult, the money they are being paid belongs to the Club not the manager.

I speculated a few weeks ago as to why Hill would do this and suggested it might be a way of slapping everybody down at the Club and killing expectation. Like I said,maybe it's because he's cheesed off at the Club and is gutted on missing out on several jobs during the Summer. As though being associated with a Club like Rochdale is stopping him getting another job. It's all speculation but i am hoping the Chairman and Directors are on top of this situation because after all they are also Supporters.

If the recruitment of theses players is honestly because Hill thinks they are going to improve us as a team then fair enough but if there's another reason then they must do what's best for the Club. We've been critical of recent events regarding the Directors and decisions made but the Chairman and Directors are similar to the fans, the lifeblood and in my eyes are more important than the manager.

I just wonder if Hill has lost respect for the Football Club and the people who employ him and that's because of some of the people he's brought back to the Club and his reminder pre-season that he could have moved during the Summer if he wanted *, if he thinks he's bigger than the Club then give him his cards and let's move on.

In a nutshell I think something has gone on during the Close Season and we are now seeing the results of it on the pitch. His recruitment of certain individuals is what leads me to doubt his motives and that's the bottom line.

* I still don't know who the strange fella on the official Team Photograph is? Normally things like that are reserved for deserving people like young Brandon or Superfan David Clough. If he's a member of Staff,i dont know who this guy is.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2016 8:22]
When will we win in the league on 08:34 - Sep 4 with 4866 views1907

Tue 6 Sep 7:45pm Sunderland U23 H
Sat 10 Sep 3:00pm Bristol Rovers A
Sat 17 Sep 3:00pm Fleetwood Town H
Sat 24 Sep 3:00pm Millwall A
Tue 27 Sep 7:45pm Bolton Wanderers H

Sat 1 Oct 3:00pm Charlton Athletic A
Tue 4 Oct 7:45pm Notts County H
Sat 8 Oct 3:00pm Southend United H
Sat 15 Oct 3:00pm Bury H
Tue 18 Oct 7:45pm Swindon Town A
Sat 22 Oct 3:00pm Coventry City A
Sat 29 Oct 3:00pm Oldham Athletic

How many wins can you realistically pull out of that? I'm worried. Very worried.
When will we win in the league on 09:12 - Sep 4 with 4805 viewsTalkingSutty

When will we win in the league on 08:34 - Sep 4 by 1907

How many wins can you realistically pull out of that? I'm worried. Very worried.

The actual results are secondary to me. I want a manager who is proud to represent the Club with a real hunger to keep progressing, instead i see a very frustrated individual who seems paranoid about the slightest things,not just expectations.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2016 9:16]
When will we win in the league on 09:17 - Sep 4 with 4788 views1907

When will we win in the league on 09:12 - Sep 4 by TalkingSutty

The actual results are secondary to me. I want a manager who is proud to represent the Club with a real hunger to keep progressing, instead i see a very frustrated individual who seems paranoid about the slightest things,not just expectations.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2016 9:16]

I was referring to the actual thread title of when will we win in the league, nothing manager related
When will we win in the league on 09:45 - Sep 4 with 4741 viewsTVOS1907

When will we win in the league on 07:23 - Sep 4 by TalkingSutty

Supporters are well within their rights to ask what's going on in the mind of Keith Hill. Every manager wants to keep improving his team but when you see Thompson, RNL and Holness being brought back into the Club you have got to start asking serious questions.Supporters at any Club in the land would do the same thing.

None of them are barely league two standard and RNL was notorious for being injured so no surprise there. If he re- signed them because they are friends of his ( his words) then that's a insult, the money they are being paid belongs to the Club not the manager.

I speculated a few weeks ago as to why Hill would do this and suggested it might be a way of slapping everybody down at the Club and killing expectation. Like I said,maybe it's because he's cheesed off at the Club and is gutted on missing out on several jobs during the Summer. As though being associated with a Club like Rochdale is stopping him getting another job. It's all speculation but i am hoping the Chairman and Directors are on top of this situation because after all they are also Supporters.

If the recruitment of theses players is honestly because Hill thinks they are going to improve us as a team then fair enough but if there's another reason then they must do what's best for the Club. We've been critical of recent events regarding the Directors and decisions made but the Chairman and Directors are similar to the fans, the lifeblood and in my eyes are more important than the manager.

I just wonder if Hill has lost respect for the Football Club and the people who employ him and that's because of some of the people he's brought back to the Club and his reminder pre-season that he could have moved during the Summer if he wanted *, if he thinks he's bigger than the Club then give him his cards and let's move on.

In a nutshell I think something has gone on during the Close Season and we are now seeing the results of it on the pitch. His recruitment of certain individuals is what leads me to doubt his motives and that's the bottom line.

* I still don't know who the strange fella on the official Team Photograph is? Normally things like that are reserved for deserving people like young Brandon or Superfan David Clough. If he's a member of Staff,i dont know who this guy is.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2016 8:22]

He's Hill's nephew.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

When will we win in the league on 10:36 - Sep 4 with 4661 views442Dale

It's without doubt the biggest test of Hill's managerial career at Dale, maybe his whole time in management because what happened at Barnsley was to be expected at some stage as they were always expected to struggle. It's not that we aren't fully aware of our limitations at this level and we don't expect to be challenging at the top, it's that such a run of results at the start of a season combined with the other issues has magnified where the club are right now.

The answer? I still believe Hill and his team have more than enough to provide it. It's about forgetting what's happened so far, drawing a line and almost starting again with a clean slate. That's why I'm such a big advocate of a change in tactics. By doing that it would immediately shift the thought processes of the players, hopefully away from any confidence issues that may exist.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

When will we win in the league on 10:37 - Sep 4 with 4653 viewsTalkingSutty

When will we win in the league on 09:17 - Sep 4 by 1907

I was referring to the actual thread title of when will we win in the league, nothing manager related

It is manager related though. When Hills got his head on we are more than capable of winning any game but personally I am not sure he's got his head on. I was suggesting he's cheesed off as a result of something that happened over the Close season and I don't know what. Not saying I am right but trying to wonder about his recruitment policy. If the Chairman and Directors have slashed his budget then they should come out and say so , that would explain a lot of things, I don't reckon they have though.
When will we win in the league on 10:38 - Sep 4 with 4652 viewsaleanddale

When will we win in the league on 09:45 - Sep 4 by TVOS1907

He's Hill's nephew.

Noticed this at Sheffield and at our home games...

Bugged me a bit but kept quiet until now..

When things are going well small things like this can slide but we need a siege mentality.

Why Brandon and another lad are warming up with the players in the hour before kick off beggars belief...

It's exactly the time where the players need to be fully focused on there job over the next 90+ minutes. No distractions.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2016 10:44]
When will we win in the league on 10:39 - Sep 4 with 4650 viewsTalkingSutty

When will we win in the league on 09:45 - Sep 4 by TVOS1907

He's Hill's nephew.

Ok
When will we win in the league on 10:47 - Sep 4 with 4619 viewsD_Alien

When will we win in the league on 08:34 - Sep 4 by 1907

Looking at the 10 league fixtures, I'd say 3 on our current form but it's useless to speculate since everything depends on Hill making some relatively straightforward decisions in terms of tactics and selection of available players.

I'd say TS has got a point in that Hill's made something of a hole for himself and it's now time for him to stop digging. I think he's actually enjoying this situation, which gives him a challenge.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

When will we win in the league on 10:50 - Sep 4 with 4604 viewsboromat

Hopefully a few players get a chance Tuesday and grab it with both hands. I'm thinking Tanser, Hooper and even Camps who has been out of favour.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

When will we win in the league on 10:54 - Sep 4 with 4593 viewsTalkingSutty

When will we win in the league on 10:47 - Sep 4 by D_Alien

Looking at the 10 league fixtures, I'd say 3 on our current form but it's useless to speculate since everything depends on Hill making some relatively straightforward decisions in terms of tactics and selection of available players.

I'd say TS has got a point in that Hill's made something of a hole for himself and it's now time for him to stop digging. I think he's actually enjoying this situation, which gives him a challenge.

It might re-ignite Hills fire, hopefully.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024