Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fleetwood game 20:03 - Feb 5 with 3773 viewsDaleiLama

Not sure if I can make it yet, but saw our allocation is 1008. Are we likely to sell out or will pay on the day be an option? Can't remember if we sold out last year? Ta

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fleetwood game on 21:25 - Feb 5 with 3640 viewsTVOS1907

I imagine it will be more than enough of an allocation.

Our poor form will be one factor and we've played there quite often in recent years, so I imagine a lot of fans who can't afford that and Bolton will be going to the Macron instead.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fleetwood game on 21:31 - Feb 5 with 3622 viewsDaleiLama

Fleetwood game on 21:25 - Feb 5 by TVOS1907

Our poor form will be one factor and we've played there quite often in recent years, so I imagine a lot of fans who can't afford that and Bolton will be going to the Macron instead.

Thanks TVOS. Appreciated.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fleetwood game on 22:02 - Feb 5 with 3553 viewsrochedale

Fleetwood game on 21:25 - Feb 5 by TVOS1907

Hmmmm, I wonder if it being valentines for the Bolton game, will have a negative affect on our support at the Macron? Maybe fans will choose Fleetwood and a fancy meal with their better half?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Fleetwood game on 22:23 - Feb 5 with 3507 viewsTVOS1907

Fleetwood game on 22:02 - Feb 5 by rochedale

Hmmmm, I wonder if it being valentines for the Bolton game, will have a negative affect on our support at the Macron? Maybe fans will choose Fleetwood and a fancy meal with their better half?

Well, aye, there's that as well. I was thinking along the lines of not mentioning the Bolton game until about 5pm...

Fleetwood game on 23:04 - Feb 5 with 3434 viewsD_Alien

Fleetwood game on 22:23 - Feb 5 by TVOS1907

Well, aye, there's that as well. I was thinking along the lines of not mentioning the Bolton game until about 5pm...

Or having a meal the night before

Where there's a will...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fleetwood game on 23:12 - Feb 5 with 3410 viewsTVOS1907

Fleetwood game on 23:04 - Feb 5 by D_Alien

Or having a meal the night before

Where there's a will...

Or even the night after...

Fleetwood game on 23:22 - Feb 5 with 3391 viewsD_Alien

Fleetwood game on 23:12 - Feb 5 by TVOS1907

Or even the night after...

Probably best to wake up on Valentine's in a good mood

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fleetwood game on 08:54 - Feb 6 with 3144 viewscon_dale

Fleetwood game on 22:02 - Feb 5 by rochedale

Didn't realise it was valantines day, I'll have to take the wife then😜
Login to get fewer ads

Fleetwood game on 09:28 - Feb 6 with 3097 viewsNafelad

Fleetwood game on 08:54 - Feb 6 by con_dale

Didn't realise it was valantines day, I'll have to take the wife then😜

Nobody told me you have to take your wife out on Valentine's - and I've been married 47 years!

Topcat

Fleetwood game on 10:00 - Feb 6 with 3050 viewsAtThePeake

I might be making this up completely but did we once play Stockport away on Valentines Day and they offered a discount for couples coming together, only to retract it when they realised a lot of people pretending to be in homosexual relationships were likely to take the offer up?

For some reason I have that memory in my head but I've no idea whether I've completely made it up or not!
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 11:57]

Tangled up in blue.

Fleetwood game on 14:27 - Feb 6 with 2779 viewsDareToCalvin

I would imagine many fans who wouldn't normally attend on a Tuesday night away from home to make this trip, as it's Bolton; it's the one game we all looked for first (or I did anyway!) on the fixture release day? Hopefully we can bring at least 700, possibly even 1000?
Fleetwood game on 16:34 - Feb 6 with 2680 viewsbatfink

I think the cost at Bolton will keep quite a few at home, must be one of the most expensive in lg1
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 18:25]
Fleetwood game on 17:16 - Feb 6 with 2593 views442Dale

Think we will probably do well to take 6-700 to each game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fleetwood game on 20:20 - Feb 7 with 2189 viewsKenBoon

Fleetwood game on 16:34 - Feb 6 by batfink

I think the cost at Bolton will keep quite a few at home, must be one of the most expensive in lg1
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 18:25]

£26 is a hecking disgrace. Fleetwood is a rip-off too. Two rip-offs back to back. Also folks trying to get to Fleetwood on the train are firstly a few decades too late, but also there's rail replacement buses on between Preston and Blackpool which can add at least half-hour to the journey time.
Fleetwood game on 20:30 - Feb 7 with 2166 viewsKenBoon

The fleetwood one actually pisses me off more than the Bolton rip off. Fleetwood have a membership scheme where you give them £20 at the start of the season and you get a discount on match tickets. £4.50 off standing tickets and £3.50 off seated tickets so it isn't a small amount. Away fans however cannot qualify for that, so instead pay £21.50 to stand up on a terrace that is nowhere near as good as the opposite end where a member pays £17. I can deal with being charged £21.50 but it's when the home fans get it significantly cheaper it's pisses me off. It is a rip off and one I thought the supporters groups campaigned against... unless they've been too busy with twenty's plenty and trendy hashtags.
Fleetwood game on 23:03 - Feb 7 with 2044 viewsR17ALE

Fleetwood game on 20:30 - Feb 7 by KenBoon

The fleetwood one actually pisses me off more than the Bolton rip off. Fleetwood have a membership scheme where you give them £20 at the start of the season and you get a discount on match tickets. £4.50 off standing tickets and £3.50 off seated tickets so it isn't a small amount. Away fans however cannot qualify for that, so instead pay £21.50 to stand up on a terrace that is nowhere near as good as the opposite end where a member pays £17. I can deal with being charged £21.50 but it's when the home fans get it significantly cheaper it's pisses me off. It is a rip off and one I thought the supporters groups campaigned against... unless they've been too busy with twenty's plenty and trendy hashtags.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, you don't half come across as a split personality.

You argue (in another thread) that those who want to stand in the Sandy should pay more for the privilege, and yet, here, you complain at the terrace prices at Fleetwood (albeit in relation to the home end).

Surely Fleetwood should charge more for their away terraces than for their away seats?

I'm hoping I've read your other posts correctly?

What I'm trying to say nicely is: If you don't like Sandy Laners just be brave enough to come out and call us a set of vvankers.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Fleetwood game on 10:13 - Feb 8 with 1875 viewsKenBoon

Fleetwood game on 23:03 - Feb 7 by R17ALE

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, you don't half come across as a split personality.

You argue (in another thread) that those who want to stand in the Sandy should pay more for the privilege, and yet, here, you complain at the terrace prices at Fleetwood (albeit in relation to the home end).

Surely Fleetwood should charge more for their away terraces than for their away seats?

I'm hoping I've read your other posts correctly?

What I'm trying to say nicely is: If you don't like Sandy Laners just be brave enough to come out and call us a set of vvankers.

You misunderstand my point. The price of the away terrace is the same price as the opposite home terrace. The price of the away seats in their main stand (along the side of the pitch) are the same price as the home seats in the same stand. However Fleetwood Town have a Membership scheme where, if you pay them £20 then you make significant savings on tickets. (£4.50 on a standing ticket and £3.50 on seats). They're charging £21.50 to stand behind a goal. Whereas if you're a member it is £17 (same price as the Sandy?). They're using a membership scheme to overcharge away fans in either stand. It shouldn't be allowed. I wouldn't care if they charged the same for seating and standing, my annoyance is the membership discount to vastly overpriced tickets.

No I don't hate Sandy folk (I've been one myself). I just think it's a terrible stand and in it's current state it's not fit for purpose. If the Sandy was the same standard as Fleetwood's home terrace then i'd have a season ticket in it. Raising the price of the Sandy by a pound or two would help generate money to invest in an upgrade.
Fleetwood game on 11:29 - Feb 8 with 1793 viewsR17ALE

Fleetwood game on 10:13 - Feb 8 by KenBoon

You misunderstand my point. The price of the away terrace is the same price as the opposite home terrace. The price of the away seats in their main stand (along the side of the pitch) are the same price as the home seats in the same stand. However Fleetwood Town have a Membership scheme where, if you pay them £20 then you make significant savings on tickets. (£4.50 on a standing ticket and £3.50 on seats). They're charging £21.50 to stand behind a goal. Whereas if you're a member it is £17 (same price as the Sandy?). They're using a membership scheme to overcharge away fans in either stand. It shouldn't be allowed. I wouldn't care if they charged the same for seating and standing, my annoyance is the membership discount to vastly overpriced tickets.

No I don't hate Sandy folk (I've been one myself). I just think it's a terrible stand and in it's current state it's not fit for purpose. If the Sandy was the same standard as Fleetwood's home terrace then i'd have a season ticket in it. Raising the price of the Sandy by a pound or two would help generate money to invest in an upgrade.

Ah, I get you now! Yes. It's very wrong.

Although Dale did just the same in 1993 when they used an unsavoury incident in the Main Stand v Wrexham to justify introducing a membership card scheme which cost £1 to join.

The benefit of being a member meant you could access the terraces for £5. Those who weren't members, including away fans, had to pay £7.

If you ignore what today seem like trifling amounts, there was uproar at the time and crowds suffered on the back of this notion that Dale were dearer than City - Kippax.

After a year the scheme was scrapped, but it remains the biggest own goal the club ever scored in my view.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Fleetwood game on 11:50 - Feb 8 with 1768 viewsKenBoon

On a slightly different note. This weekend is also Fleetwood beer festival
http://blackpool.camra.org.uk/index.php?id=154&sid=BFW7257147&page_title=Fleetwo
Fleetwood game on 13:13 - Feb 8 with 1653 viewsmoth5368

Fleetwood game on 11:29 - Feb 8 by R17ALE

Ah, I get you now! Yes. It's very wrong.

Although Dale did just the same in 1993 when they used an unsavoury incident in the Main Stand v Wrexham to justify introducing a membership card scheme which cost £1 to join.

The benefit of being a member meant you could access the terraces for £5. Those who weren't members, including away fans, had to pay £7.

If you ignore what today seem like trifling amounts, there was uproar at the time and crowds suffered on the back of this notion that Dale were dearer than City - Kippax.

After a year the scheme was scrapped, but it remains the biggest own goal the club ever scored in my view.

Was the £1 a charge or an admin fee?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024