Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? 08:58 - Mar 22 with 4682 viewsaleanddale

Thought these young lads did great last night. Can only hope they bring more and more of there mates to increase the volume in that corner of pearl st.

A terrific effort they sung for 90 minutes non stop even at 0-2.

A welcome addition to get some atmosphere into Spotland...

It even crept into the middle of the stand joining in occasionally.

Well done lads ( and the Drum! )
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 09:16 - Mar 22 with 3851 viewsrochdaleriddler

Well done, but didn't sound v loud in main stand unfortunately

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 09:32 - Mar 22 with 3809 viewsRAFC1907

It was great to see them and hear them getting behind their town team last night.

Russ Green the new chief exec has been saying he wanted to increase the atmosphere and I think allowing a drum into the ground has helped to bring this along, he sure knows what he's doing and well done to him!

Those lads where having a brill time and hopefully when they sing the rest of the Pearl will join them, it can only benefit the players.

Keep it up lads!

Poll: Bottomley...

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 09:34 - Mar 22 with 3798 viewsdeeplishblue

I thought they were great and COULD hear them all night from the main stand. - well done.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 10:25 - Mar 22 with 3702 viewsPotterDale

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 09:16 - Mar 22 by rochdaleriddler

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 10:38 - Mar 22 with 3669 viewsaleanddale

Hopeful this section grows in numbers.

Caveat - good natured and loud - no violent undercurrent!

Big test next big away day - Bradford I suppose.
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 11:19 - Mar 22 with 3604 viewsdannywiseman123

I sit with them lads and last night was one of the best. I can't wait to show these comments to the other lads I'm sure they will be over the moon. Thanks all!!
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 11:34 - Mar 22 with 3566 viewsbeat_the_bishop

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 11:19 - Mar 22 by dannywiseman123

I sit with them lads and last night was one of the best. I can't wait to show these comments to the other lads I'm sure they will be over the moon. Thanks all!!

I must say it certainly enhanced my match experience. It's refreshing to hear the singing consistant and prolonged throughout the game and a good mixture of songs rather than the monotonous Daaaayul, Daaaayul.

I hope this attracts a few more to the area and keep up the good work! Whether the old grumpy people like the drum or not, it certainly gives you a good starting point.

Keep it up! Great stuff.
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 12:00 - Mar 22 with 3513 viewsDaley_Lama

Noticed as the singing started more and more young ones drift over to be part of the group and join in.

Improve the repertoire and my praise will increase further.

Officiallydale tweeted their like and appreciation of it too during the game.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 12:13 - Mar 22 with 3470 viewsKnowlesy

Definitely added to the atmosphere, we were saying that it's the worst place for them though, why are they tucked all the way in the corner? looks like they're just trying to get closest to the away fans which surely isn't the point.

If they were a bit more central I reckon there'd be much more people joining in which would make it even better. It's a good start though.
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 12:29 - Mar 22 with 3430 viewsYouTubeDale

Really pleased for the youth taking the initiative here. Someone needed to grasp the horns and provide the much needed energy and you've done it. Keep it going, and like other posters have said, hopefully others will join in and it will swell.

To accompany the choir perhaps we could add a brass section. There would need to be at least 6 players, in my opinion, to get that bold, wall of sound.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 12:30]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 12:32 - Mar 22 with 3399 viewsrod_leach

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 09:16 - Mar 22 by rochdaleriddler

Sounded just loud enough in the main stand for me!
I thought they were good addition last night, as long as they stay in the Pearl St stand.
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 12:35 - Mar 22 with 3385 viewspioneer

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 09:32 - Mar 22 by RAFC1907

It was great to see them and hear them getting behind their town team last night.

Russ Green the new chief exec has been saying he wanted to increase the atmosphere and I think allowing a drum into the ground has helped to bring this along, he sure knows what he's doing and well done to him!

Those lads where having a brill time and hopefully when they sing the rest of the Pearl will join them, it can only benefit the players.

Keep it up lads!

If they allow a drum into the ground will they be willing to reconsider the matter of fish and chips?
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 13:14 - Mar 22 with 3300 viewsShun

They sounded terrific and went on all game too. Well done to them, keep it up!
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 13:39 - Mar 22 with 3251 viewsDaley_Lama

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 12:13 - Mar 22 by Knowlesy

Definitely added to the atmosphere, we were saying that it's the worst place for them though, why are they tucked all the way in the corner? looks like they're just trying to get closest to the away fans which surely isn't the point.

If they were a bit more central I reckon there'd be much more people joining in which would make it even better. It's a good start though.

Central part has lots of season ticket holders with reserved seats.

The bottom right corner doesn't and allows congregation.

Poll: DF in or out

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 13:56 - Mar 22 with 3213 viewsaleanddale

Room for expansion in that corner too..

Here is a challenge.... All these lads bring a non regular for the game on the 1st April to really enhance it's size / noise...

Bloody brilliant they were last night. A refreshing change and it could start to grow.
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 15:23 - Mar 22 with 3121 viewsDaveDave

Well done lads - sounded great in the middle of the Main Stand...now, who's got a trumpet?

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 15:52 - Mar 22 with 3058 viewsdalenumber2

Great work, wonderful to see such enthusiasm. The atmosphere was lifted considerably due to these youngsters. I hope it will keep going and more will join in now!
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 16:24 - Mar 22 with 2997 viewsBartRowou

Fantastic effort. It looked lively too.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 17:36 - Mar 22 with 2895 views1907

Couldn't complement whoever was involved more. For one of the first times this season it didn't feel like I was sat in a morgue watching great football. Could that constant effort have been just the twelfth man we needed at 0-2 down? Seriously hope you lads can carry it on, might even come over and join you at some point myself!
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 17:45 - Mar 22 with 2872 viewsisitme

Fair play to them. Great atmosphere and some different songs as well. Regarding having them centrally as others have said it is full of season ticket holders. Also them standing up in the area they currently are doesn't appear to cause any problems. If they were to do this in the middle it would.
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 18:00 - Mar 22 with 2828 viewsrochdaleriddler

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 10:25 - Mar 22 by PotterDale

Hilarious, I'm not deaf, put it this way the millwall fans were far louder. I could still hear the sweet wrappers rustling around me. I actually support the initiative

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 18:11 - Mar 22 with 2808 viewsaleanddale

Think universally they are liked - and welcome.

Seriously hope the singing numbers swell...

Now Where is my trumpet!!!!
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 18:42 - Mar 22 with 2755 viewsbocadave

Really enjoyed the pearl st troubadours last night,more of the same please.
The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 20:13 - Mar 22 with 2619 viewsrochedale

It's great that we have a new generation of Dale fans coming through, even more so that they are vocal. What's even more pleasing is that they appear to be pleasant kids and good natured, not looking for aggro just a bit of banter. Keep up the good work lads, and bring some more of your pals!!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

The pearl st (new) singing section - Sandy/Pearl Drum? on 20:39 - Mar 22 with 2578 viewsmacro

All for the singing but (I know I’m in a minority) the drum can disappear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024