Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? 10:36 - Feb 14 with 5876 viewsdingdangblue

What would you choose? Obviously one would mean we'd create history, the day would be remembered forever, we'd be in the FA Cup quarter finals for the 1st time ever, with another potential massive pay day, the clubs profile would be raised in England and all over the world. Lots of long term benefits.

The other we stay in league 1. Better games week in week out next season but always the possibility we'd get relegated at some point in the future (more likely than promotion to the Championship).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 10:53 - Feb 14 with 3941 viewsKnowlesy

Difficult to choose as I've already basically resigned myself to relegation.

Winning on Sunday would probably make for the best single day in my Dale supporting life. Staying up would be incredible but it's looking about as likely as a win against Spurs!

Sadly, though, it's looking like we'll do neither.
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:07 - Feb 14 with 3905 viewsdingdangblue

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 10:53 - Feb 14 by Knowlesy

Difficult to choose as I've already basically resigned myself to relegation.

Winning on Sunday would probably make for the best single day in my Dale supporting life. Staying up would be incredible but it's looking about as likely as a win against Spurs!

Sadly, though, it's looking like we'll do neither.

We do beat Spurs

or

We do stay up

One choice.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:13 - Feb 14 with 3885 viewsBobbyjoe

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:07 - Feb 14 by dingdangblue

We do beat Spurs

or

We do stay up

One choice.

Beat Tottenham, obviously, but then I would say that, cos I don't care which league we play in; I'd still go just as more or less often. Also, I'd quite like Tottenham to win the cup!
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:21 - Feb 14 with 3857 viewsTVOS1907

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:13 - Feb 14 by Bobbyjoe

Beat Tottenham, obviously, but then I would say that, cos I don't care which league we play in; I'd still go just as more or less often. Also, I'd quite like Tottenham to win the cup!

Your last point contradicts your first one, BJ...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:21 - Feb 14 with 3856 viewsRooleyblue

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:13 - Feb 14 by Bobbyjoe

League survival for me, as long as we give a good account of ourselves on Sunday. A draw would be ideal then defeat at Wembley.
If we go down we could lose out on the chances of playing Sunderland, Birmingham in the league.
Being greedy though both 😁
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:23 - Feb 14 with 3843 viewsrochdaleriddler

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:21 - Feb 14 by Rooleyblue

League survival for me, as long as we give a good account of ourselves on Sunday. A draw would be ideal then defeat at Wembley.
If we go down we could lose out on the chances of playing Sunderland, Birmingham in the league.
Being greedy though both 😁

League one survival, have you seen the crap teams in league two, probably no trips to oldham and accrington either

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:25 - Feb 14 with 3834 viewsKnowlesy

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:07 - Feb 14 by dingdangblue

We do beat Spurs

or

We do stay up

One choice.

My apologies for ruining your thread
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:27 - Feb 14 with 3830 viewsDaleFan7

I think beating Spurs is more likely than staying in League One.

However, I would prefer to stay in League One.
Login to get fewer ads

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:33 - Feb 14 with 3809 viewsdingdangblue

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 11:25 - Feb 14 by Knowlesy

My apologies for ruining your thread

You've not ruined it , you just said you'd resigned yourself to relegatetion and you can't see us beating Spurs. I feel the same and I'm sure plenty more Dale fans do, but if you had to choose one or the other? I think it a hard one to answer. Imagine the feeling if we won on Sunday - knocking out one of the best clubs in the world or imagine the feeling if we stayed up - I suppose if it went down to the last game it would be very nervy and euphoric and also a great achievement from where we are now - but Rochdale fc in the FA Cup quarter finals - that's once in a lifetime stuff.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 11:37]

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 12:19 - Feb 14 with 3659 viewsBazzanne

Easy one for me, league one survival every time. It would be nice to beat Spurs but our bread and butter is the league. We stand to lose a lot financially if we go down, which could affect us for years, We are no certainties to win our way back to league one for a long time to come.
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 12:31 - Feb 14 with 3618 viewsBartRowou

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 12:19 - Feb 14 by Bazzanne

Easy one for me, league one survival every time. It would be nice to beat Spurs but our bread and butter is the league. We stand to lose a lot financially if we go down, which could affect us for years, We are no certainties to win our way back to league one for a long time to come.

I don't think relegation would as bad as that. At the Fans' Forum in August, when discussing "managed relegation", Hill not only talked about Championship clubs doing it (might have been Burton) but he did refer to the possibility that we might need to too.

It's not something I'm looking forward to but the main benefit for me would be for our youngest players to play at a more accessible level (Cannon/Adshead/Rathbone/Morley) and our more senior, recently contracted, players to be more effective than they currently are (Henderson, Andrew, McNulty & Lillis is a decent spine in Div 2).

Beat Spurs.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 12:34 - Feb 14 with 3612 viewsfrenzied

Id take an absolute battering from Spurs if we could stay up as an option.
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 12:35 - Feb 14 with 3607 viewsaleanddale

Beat Spurs for me.

Once in a lifetime dream the last 8 one game from the FA cup semi final.

League 2 on a cloud!!

I don’t think we will do either though - I know that’s not what you asked.

Wow - last 8 if we can somehow do this on Sunday!!!
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 12:48 - Feb 14 with 3562 viewsSwissdale

I'd go with beating Spurs. Winning that game alone would be worth £500k+ to the club, which would offset a big chunk of the costs of relegation (for a season at least).

Quarter finals of the cup for the first time ever in 100+ years of trying.
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 12:51 - Feb 14 with 3553 viewsMoonyDale

Stay up every time.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 12:56 - Feb 14 with 3529 viewssweetcorn

It’s not even a tough one.. stay up

Beating spurs would be a good day, but i’d rather be watching league one football next season..

Can never understand the fans who put money benefits of the club first saying we can make more money if we win.. who cares, let the club accountants worry about that, id rather be playing the likes of sunderland next season than newport county

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 12:57 - Feb 14 with 3521 viewsD_Alien

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 12:31 - Feb 14 by BartRowou

I don't think relegation would as bad as that. At the Fans' Forum in August, when discussing "managed relegation", Hill not only talked about Championship clubs doing it (might have been Burton) but he did refer to the possibility that we might need to too.

It's not something I'm looking forward to but the main benefit for me would be for our youngest players to play at a more accessible level (Cannon/Adshead/Rathbone/Morley) and our more senior, recently contracted, players to be more effective than they currently are (Henderson, Andrew, McNulty & Lillis is a decent spine in Div 2).

Beat Spurs.

Hill's answer was in direct response to the question "If we made it to the Championship, could we survive?" so his "managed relegation" wasn't with L2 in mind, but I agree with your general point about our prospects should we drop through the trapdoor

So, it's beat Spurs for me

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 13:21 - Feb 14 with 3455 viewsdingdangblue

I would say beat Spurs. Teams have been relegated and promoted in the past but Rochdale beating Spurs in the 5th round of the FA cup for a place in the Quarterfinal - that's once in a lifetime material. I've no fear of league 2 - hell under Keith Hill we've had our best times there.

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 13:43 - Feb 14 with 3415 viewsNigeriamark

Beat Spurs

I know crowds would start lower in L2 but I would still go to my 6-8 games a year irrespective of what division. A quarter final would be unbelievable on top of having beaten Spurs. I also don't believe we will do 30 years in League one as we did in League 2 so rather get relegated in a year when there is something good happening to soften the blow
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 13:44 - Feb 14 with 3404 viewswimborne_dale

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 13:21 - Feb 14 by dingdangblue

I would say beat Spurs. Teams have been relegated and promoted in the past but Rochdale beating Spurs in the 5th round of the FA cup for a place in the Quarterfinal - that's once in a lifetime material. I've no fear of league 2 - hell under Keith Hill we've had our best times there.

Yes. and even if we do go down (and I'm not convinced that we will) then we've got a great chance of going straight back up. And being nr the top of Lg2 was a fantastic ride so I agree - beat Spurs, Quarter Final, more money, then win League 2 with over 100 pts

Edgar Allan's Crow

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 13:48 - Feb 14 with 3376 viewsJimmyRustler

Stay in League 1 without a doubt but I suppose it would depend who we drew after Spurs when we won. With that being said, the euphoria of beating Spurs would die down pretty quickly for me whereas staying up when we're in such a precarious position would be a sustained effort and a journey which would be longer lasting in the memory (imo)
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 13:50 - Feb 14 with 3368 viewsdawlishdale

Absolutely HAS to be stay in League 1.
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 14:03 - Feb 14 with 3306 viewsBobbyjoe

I suppose the divide more or less defines what sort of Dale-watcher one is! Having said that I can't remember anything about the scores of games I saw either side of the Coventry game back whenever it was ('72?). So, basically, big cup games are, de facto, bigger, more exciting, more memorable and, therefore, more important than any others. (Except ones Paddy played in, obv!).
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 14:07 - Feb 14 with 3290 viewsShun

Like ddb says, beating Spurs and getting into the quarter final of the FA Cup is once in a lifetime stuff.

But I'd still prefer to stay up. Just as when Hill returned a stronger manager after his Barnsley disappointment, I think Hill will learn from our current struggles and next season, whatever league we're in, will be a more enterprising one.
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 14:12 - Feb 14 with 3256 viewsdeeplishblue

Beat spurs
Get utd next round
Pocket another £1M
Go down
Win the title next year

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024