Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Country tickets 22:07 - Jun 11 with 2436 viewsjohnn

Seems odd to me that Supporter’s who live more than 100 miles away can’t buy a country season ticket on line.
Country tickets on 22:18 - Jun 11 with 2415 viewsSheffdale

Yes I thought so too. I telephoned and it was quick and straightforward to renew mine. Will pick up on the first match I attend.
Country tickets on 13:14 - Jun 12 with 2175 viewsoff2div1

What's the way that they work out the 50 miles. Just on boarder
Country tickets on 15:39 - Jun 12 with 2023 viewsSheffdale

I've not had a problem. if I go via M62 it's around 70 miles but over the Snake Pass it's less than 50. My advice if you're asked is to say you take the scenic route!
Country tickets on 16:58 - Jun 12 with 1971 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Country tickets on 15:39 - Jun 12 by Sheffdale

I've not had a problem. if I go via M62 it's around 70 miles but over the Snake Pass it's less than 50. My advice if you're asked is to say you take the scenic route!

It's crazy Sheff, the whole thing is stupid.......what the heck has x amount of miles to do with it?

If ANY fan wants to buy a reduced game season ticket,just sell it to them,why all the complications and checking on google maps? Silly stuff.
Country tickets on 17:01 - Jun 12 with 1949 viewsDaleiLama

Country tickets on 16:58 - Jun 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

It's crazy Sheff, the whole thing is stupid.......what the heck has x amount of miles to do with it?

If ANY fan wants to buy a reduced game season ticket,just sell it to them,why all the complications and checking on google maps? Silly stuff.

One for the trust to question (if they haven't historically)?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Country tickets on 17:02 - Jun 12 with 1949 viewsJames1980

Slightly off topic but would it be a terrible idea, ifholders off a country & full season tickets. Could buy individual match tickets at a reduced rate?

From the point of more seats filled and extra money in the coffers
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 17:06]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Country tickets on 17:31 - Jun 12 with 1894 viewsColDale

I'm sure it's been asked before. The thinking goes, and I agree with it, that offering a ten game season ticket would have a negative impact on season ticket sales that outweighs any positives from the ten game pack attracting non season ticket holders. I doubt there would have been many at Xmas last year who would have tempted to buy another ten game season ticket. (ignoring the fact that the midway point for home games was probably Good Friday given all the postponements). The season tickets are fantastic value as they are, and I'd bet at £150, they're cheaper than some country season tickets have been in the past.

I'm guessing here but I reckon the online system can't process the distance during the application, hence the need for telephone sales.
Country tickets on 17:45 - Jun 12 with 1866 viewsDaleiLama

Country tickets on 17:31 - Jun 12 by ColDale

I'm sure it's been asked before. The thinking goes, and I agree with it, that offering a ten game season ticket would have a negative impact on season ticket sales that outweighs any positives from the ten game pack attracting non season ticket holders. I doubt there would have been many at Xmas last year who would have tempted to buy another ten game season ticket. (ignoring the fact that the midway point for home games was probably Good Friday given all the postponements). The season tickets are fantastic value as they are, and I'd bet at £150, they're cheaper than some country season tickets have been in the past.

I'm guessing here but I reckon the online system can't process the distance during the application, hence the need for telephone sales.

Fwiw, I can see the logic in it and agree with the sentiment behind it. The distance thing is always going to be a point of contention for anyone disadvantaged by it and 50 miles is as arbitrary and probably as fair as any other number. Then up to the individual to make their case for the > 50 miles either by negotiation, or "by hook or by crook" (I'm sure everyone knows someone who lives > 50 miles from Spotland if anyone really wants one of these that much).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024