Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would be your starting 11 up to now? 14:12 - Jun 29 with 7605 viewsdean7321

Mine would be
Lillis
Mcgahey Finnerty Delaney
Raff. Done
Perkins
Camps. Cannon (if he signs new contract)

Hendo. Wilbraham

Poll: best ever center back

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 14:30 - Jun 29 with 6389 viewsleedsdale

Pretty much agree with that, although why drop McNulty for a young lad who has not made a senior appearance yet?

The back three from last season complement each other well and McNulty looked less of a liability with centre backs either side of him: I would stick with all of the back 5 from last season assuming no massive drops in form over the summer!
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 15:08 - Jun 29 with 6328 viewsboromat

---------------------------Lillis
Rafferty McGahey Williams Delaney Done
--------------------------Perkins-------------------
-------------Cannon-------------Camps----------
-------------Wilbraham--------Hendo-----------

Now Cannon has signed. However I'd like to see the new lads play be interesting to see how the team shapes up over the pre-season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 15:22 - Jun 29 with 6303 views1907

Lillis

Raff mcgahey Delaney done

Cannon Williams Perkins

Camps

Hendo Wilbraham
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 16:08 - Jun 29 with 6217 viewsShun

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 14:30 - Jun 29 by leedsdale

Pretty much agree with that, although why drop McNulty for a young lad who has not made a senior appearance yet?

The back three from last season complement each other well and McNulty looked less of a liability with centre backs either side of him: I would stick with all of the back 5 from last season assuming no massive drops in form over the summer!

Agree with this. McNulty did as well as any defender last year. I’d stick with the same back 5.

_______________Lillis_______________
______McGahey_McNulty_Delaney___
Rafferty_______Perkins_________Done
________Camps_______Cannon_______
_______Henderson__Andrew/Wilbraham_
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 16:09 - Jun 29 with 6218 views442Dale

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 15:22 - Jun 29 by 1907

Lillis

Raff mcgahey Delaney done

Cannon Williams Perkins

Camps

Hendo Wilbraham

Would be surprised if we revert back to a standard back four after the successes of last season and the signings we’ve made. Yes, we need flexibility to play different formations but we’ve found one that works, suits the players we have and can be adaptable in games (Sub a CH, go to a four).

Was looking at an old programme earlier - the Plymouth game on 3rd March which was PP (programme reissued in late April - and it was the time when the league table illustrated we were 12 points from safety. Now we may well have had more games to play, but only Wigan in the entire division gained more points in the last two months of the season. We had a set structure, results proved it worked.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 16:36 - Jun 29 with 6153 viewsYorkshire_Dale

When you look at our squad of 24 players (ex BBM), we do seem to have a decent set up with cover for most positions and a mixture of youth and experience.

There's no dross in there now. 5 left and 5 have come in. Just need Jordan Williams to get going after a new start and hope we don't suffer the problem of long term injuries we did last season.

Do we just need a couple of loan players and then we are ready?
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 16:57 - Jun 29 with 6087 viewsNigeriamark

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 16:36 - Jun 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

When you look at our squad of 24 players (ex BBM), we do seem to have a decent set up with cover for most positions and a mixture of youth and experience.

There's no dross in there now. 5 left and 5 have come in. Just need Jordan Williams to get going after a new start and hope we don't suffer the problem of long term injuries we did last season.

Do we just need a couple of loan players and then we are ready?

Like most teams in League 1 a forward who can get 15+ goals to support Hendo would be good. ( Hopefully Wilbraham still has the ability) Otherwise I agree that a relatively injury free season should see us progress from next year ( If I am greedy then a very pacy midfielder too!!!)
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 17:40 - Jun 29 with 6018 viewsEllDale

Will Wilbraham not have to do the obligatory stint at leftback?
Login to get fewer ads

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 20:20 - Jun 29 with 5881 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Lillis
Rafferty Mcgahey Mcnulty Delaney Done
MJ Williams
Camps Rathbone
Hendo Andrew
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 20:31 - Jun 29 with 5874 viewsdavidab2202

A difficult question when half a dozen or so new players have joined in the close season.
One can only speculate that they have been brought in because they will strengthen not only the squad but also the starting eleven,so until we see who brings what qualities to the table it isn't possible in my opinion to speculate who will be on the field come the first league game
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 10:38 - Jun 30 with 5574 viewsPotterDale

I think its safe to assume that Wilbraham and Perkins won't be playing week in week out. I would say we need to be playing Perkins against the scrappy teams where midfield bite is necessary, as this was the missing element last season. Wilbraham when we need 2 up front against the more robust defences, to give us the second scorer option. With Hendo and Wilbraham as a front 2 in those type of games I would play Calvin behind. A back 3 of McGahey, Delaney and McNulty works well for me, so Finnerty will have to prove himself to displace them on along term basis. Utilising Delaney wider is of course the option as well in place of Done. An injury Rafferty should keep his place at RWB/RM. I would expect Camps and Cannon to be pretty much mainstays subject to form/fitness. I would like to see Rathbone kick on this season, as there were sparks last season but never quite the flame, and of course MJ Williams will be in there somewhere.
I would say we are in a better position now than we were at this time last season with the recruitment, so lets hope it all slots into place by the time we take the field against Burton.
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 11:37 - Jun 30 with 5511 viewstony_roch975

Assuming it's still 3 at the back (same 3 as last season for me), do we have enough width & pace - where does Dooley fit in? It's same dilemma as England - either all pace from m/f (Cannon/Camps/Dooley > Hendo) so no Andrew/Wilbraham with 1 holding m/f (Perkins/MJW) - but then unlocking defensive opposition is difficult. That also needs a 20+ goal a season striker! If Andrew/Wilbraham are used can either hold up like O'Grady - is Wilbraham clinical enough in the air to play 2 wingers? Also asks questions about the wing backs - Raff better defensively but Cannon better going forward? Will Cooney be Done's alternative? Who'd be a manager!!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 16:55 - Jun 30 with 5365 viewsBazzanne

Have I missed something? The name Cooney has been used a couple of times recently. Who is he?
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 17:05 - Jun 30 with 5347 viewsisitme

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 16:55 - Jun 30 by Bazzanne

Have I missed something? The name Cooney has been used a couple of times recently. Who is he?

It's Dooley. A bit like Andrews instead of Andrew.
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 17:08 - Jun 30 with 5342 viewsTVOS1907

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 17:05 - Jun 30 by isitme

It's Dooley. A bit like Andrews instead of Andrew.

Or Townsend instead of Townson.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 19:50 - Jun 30 with 5253 viewsDale92

Lillis
McGahey McNulty Delaney
Raff Perkins Camps Done
Dooley Hendo
Andrew

This team had no ace and gile last season but people are still persisting with same front line, personally i think we are still a wide forward short. Id like someone to take that position Hendo is in, some pace snd move Hendo up front. Our home form nearly killed us last season, away from home im all down for Wilbs or Andrew but ar home we should be attacking on the floor and with pace like we use to.

This is the One, I've waited for

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 11:50 - Jul 2 with 4931 viewsNorthernDale

I might be cursing the team, but all of the selections are good and that is because we have in theory a very strong squad this season, I still think we may need two full backs as cover and possibly an additional striker.

I would go for,
Lillis
Rafferty McGahey MJ Williams Delaney Done
Cannon Camps Dooley
Henderson Wilbraham (i suspect Andrews will get the this spot)

Subs
Moore, McNulty, Perkins, Andrews, Rathbone, Finnerty, Gillam

This is at the expense of Morley, Adshead, J Williams (who I wonder if he may still go either on loan again or a permanent transfer), Thompson, and possible other signings
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 14:25 - Jul 2 with 4777 viewsNathaniel82

Having written some down on paper, the permutations for teams we have is very promising. If we went 3-5-1-1 my team would be
Lillis
McGahey
McNulty
Delaney
Rafferty
Perkins
M.J.Williams
Done
Camps
Hendo
Wilbraham

3-4-2-1
Lillis
McNulty
Delaney
Finnerty
Rafferty
Done
M.J.Williams
Perkins
Dooley
Hendo
Wilbz

4-4-2
Lillis
Rafferty
McGahey
Delaney
Finnerty
Cannon
Camps
Perkins
Dooley
Hendo
Andrew

It makes me very hopeful that we have Rathbone, J.Williams, Cannon, Ntlhe, Gillam, and Thompson, with some other fringe players to use and interchange. If only we could bring in a more mobile striker, that could run at defenders and make those defence splitting runs, I’d be very happy then. Up the Dale!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 14:31]
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 16:44 - Jul 2 with 4634 viewsaleanddale

McNulty will almost certainly start...

Lillis
Raff McGahey McNulty Delaney Done
Perkins Camps ( when on his game ) - if not then Rathbone
Dooley Andrew Hendo

MJ Williams / Cannon and Wilbraham to fight to get into the above as the closest three to miss out.

The big issue here is Dooley - he could be the new Paddy or he might not. it will be an interesting watch to find out. How he adjusts to life in a tough league 1 is anybodys guess but in Hilly we trust.

Looking at the squad now we do look in MUCH better shape than 12 months ago.

We will all be miles off as well as Hilly will dream something mad up in this blazing sunshine!!

Up the Dale.
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 19:37 - Jul 2 with 4484 viewsboromat

Looking forward to seeing some of the preseason games now. It's always interesting to see the new players but for me it's a big season for some of the current players that didn't perform anywhere near were they should have.

Big years for Rathbone, Cannon, Nthle, J.Williams (Not MJ) and maybe Gilliam as well.

Be good to see a bit more of Morley this year as well.

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 19:50 - Jul 2 with 4465 views442Dale

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 19:37 - Jul 2 by boromat

Looking forward to seeing some of the preseason games now. It's always interesting to see the new players but for me it's a big season for some of the current players that didn't perform anywhere near were they should have.

Big years for Rathbone, Cannon, Nthle, J.Williams (Not MJ) and maybe Gilliam as well.

Be good to see a bit more of Morley this year as well.

Out of that list, Cannon had a great season when he was used. Apologies if I misunderstood!

It’s definitely a big season for Callum Camps.

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 20:05 - Jul 2 with 4450 viewsNathaniel82

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 19:50 - Jul 2 by 442Dale

Out of that list, Cannon had a great season when he was used. Apologies if I misunderstood!

I think we’ll see a better season from camps on the basis that MJ and Perkins should be there to do his running for him.
What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 13:45 - Jul 3 with 4316 viewsboromat

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 19:50 - Jul 2 by 442Dale

That's just it I'm not sure you can say Cannon had a great season he played great when he got the chance but there was obviously a reason why he wasn't used in the first half of the season and the injury put a downer on the second half. Needs to be in the team consistently and performing same goes for the others mentioned. Nthle could be interesting if we play with wing backs and he performs it could allow Done to contend for a forward role.

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 17:45 - Jul 4 with 4104 views442Dale

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 13:45 - Jul 3 by boromat

That's just it I'm not sure you can say Cannon had a great season he played great when he got the chance but there was obviously a reason why he wasn't used in the first half of the season and the injury put a downer on the second half. Needs to be in the team consistently and performing same goes for the others mentioned. Nthle could be interesting if we play with wing backs and he performs it could allow Done to contend for a forward role.

He had a great season when he was used. Only the manager can give reasons why that wasn’t the case for such a long time.

Also having a look at the training pictures we have an indication on squad numbers. Perkins has 17 (which was Inman’s last season, Wilbraham 18, MJ Williams has 8 (I think, it’s a bit blurry) and Delaney has moved to 5 from 21.

7, 12 (which MJW had previously), 19, 21, 23, 24 are still available with Inman, Finnerty, Dooley not confirmed unless anyone can work out numbers from pictures.

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 18:06 - Jul 9 with 3828 views442Dale

What would be your starting 11 up to now? on 17:45 - Jul 4 by 442Dale

He had a great season when he was used. Only the manager can give reasons why that wasn’t the case for such a long time.

Also having a look at the training pictures we have an indication on squad numbers. Perkins has 17 (which was Inman’s last season, Wilbraham 18, MJ Williams has 8 (I think, it’s a bit blurry) and Delaney has moved to 5 from 21.

7, 12 (which MJW had previously), 19, 21, 23, 24 are still available with Inman, Finnerty, Dooley not confirmed unless anyone can work out numbers from pictures.

Dooley appears to have 7 in the Tenerife pictures.

Using strictly 1-11, we can manage a reasonable side.

1.Lillis
2. Rafferty; 6.McGahey; 4.McNulty; 5.Delaney; 3.Ntlhe
8.MJWilliams; 10.Camps
7.Dooley; 9.Andrew; 11.J.Williams

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024