Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger 18:25 - Oct 30 with 4194 viewsmikehunt

China lifts its ban on trade in parts from these animals.
Apologies for mentioning this on here but the more people who know about this the better. Some organisations have already said its "game over" for these animals if trade continues.
Panda and chips anyone?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 19:17 - Oct 30 with 4123 views100569

You do right to raise the issue. Not heard of this on the main media sources. Governments need to get involved. My `beef` is with the Bolivians destroying the rain forests and turning them over to palm oil plantations therefore destroying the habitat for the Orang Utans. Hence me banning palm oil products
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 19:43 - Oct 30 with 4087 viewsDale23years

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 19:17 - Oct 30 by 100569

You do right to raise the issue. Not heard of this on the main media sources. Governments need to get involved. My `beef` is with the Bolivians destroying the rain forests and turning them over to palm oil plantations therefore destroying the habitat for the Orang Utans. Hence me banning palm oil products

Humans and religions, the sole destroyer of planet earth,

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 19:46 - Oct 30 with 4081 viewssince58

Just got back from Teneriffe whilst there visited Lora Parque conservation zoo.
It seems to have got a bit of bad press lately ,but all the animals I viewed looked
happy and in perfect condition ,hopefully zoos like this can carry on the good work
especially after the bad news generating from China.
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 20:15 - Oct 30 with 4023 viewsRodingdale

There are Orangutans - in Bolivia??
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 20:19 - Oct 30 with 4017 viewsDiddyDave

Mmm,don`t think there`s any Orang Utans in Bolivia mate,I think you mean Borneo and parts of Indonesia,but yes,you are right and it`s bloody shocking.
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 20:26 - Oct 30 with 4001 viewsrochdale_ranger

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 19:43 - Oct 30 by Dale23years

Humans and religions, the sole destroyer of planet earth,

Bit of a sweeping generalisation considering the three biggest mass murderers of the twentieth century (Stalin, Mao and Hitler) didn’t commit their crimes in the name of religion. The world can be pretty harsh to us aswell you know. Hurricanes, floods, earth quakes, Drought, Famines. People are only trying to survive give them a break. If you lived in a shithole country where poaching was the only way to earn a crust you would do it.
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 21:42 - Oct 30 with 3920 views100569

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 20:15 - Oct 30 by Rodingdale

There are Orangutans - in Bolivia??

Sorry my mistake I meant Borneo put it down to my age ! Obliged for the correction.
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 08:51 - Oct 31 with 3736 viewsaleanddale

its shocking and the whole world should be worried.

God help us when oil runs out ( 35-40 years ).

100% it will be our species that wipes the human race off the planet and in relative terms it is likely to happen a lot quicker than some might believe.

Nothing surer that our grandchildren's grandchildren will live adult lives in a very different world and I am not sure it will be for the better.
Login to get fewer ads

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 09:05 - Oct 31 with 3718 viewsDaleiLama

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-latin-america-46022184/global-hunger-for-soy

Report on news last night about this and only 1/3 of currently available land is being utilised whilst the savanna is predicted to disappear in 10 years along with all the diversity of wildlife.

Don't even get me started on snaring in Africa. Those poor orphaned eles.

This planet can be an iniquitous place sometimes.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 17:40 - Oct 31 with 3549 viewspedrodale

I fear there's no chance of saving the Rhino or the Tiger we cant even save the House Sparrow or the Hedgehog. Starlings have been destroyed at a rate of 150 an hour (40 million) since the 1980s.
Despite it being illegal to kill birds of prey some of which have been re-introduced to the UK, satellite tagged birds are still being trapped, poisoned and shot by gamekeepers so that the rich and famous can blast away at the Red Grouse, killing so many they have to be buried in pits.
Its happening in our lifetime, our great grandchildren or even our own children do not have the same opportunity to see that which we have had the opportunity to see.
We cannot preach to others and ignore our own faults.
Our future grandchildren will wonder why we did nothing.
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 17:55 - Oct 31 with 3530 viewsDaleiLama

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 17:40 - Oct 31 by pedrodale

I fear there's no chance of saving the Rhino or the Tiger we cant even save the House Sparrow or the Hedgehog. Starlings have been destroyed at a rate of 150 an hour (40 million) since the 1980s.
Despite it being illegal to kill birds of prey some of which have been re-introduced to the UK, satellite tagged birds are still being trapped, poisoned and shot by gamekeepers so that the rich and famous can blast away at the Red Grouse, killing so many they have to be buried in pits.
Its happening in our lifetime, our great grandchildren or even our own children do not have the same opportunity to see that which we have had the opportunity to see.

Not a big fan of starlings (unless they are called Clarice) but it would be a shame if such displays no longer existed (though owners of cars in Rome may disagree)

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 19:18 - Oct 31 with 3484 viewsnordenblue

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 17:40 - Oct 31 by pedrodale

You mention these like it's something new and suddenly happening in our generation,game shooting/hunting has been around for centuries and massively popular with the royals too and is a multi billion pound business in Britain.

A demise of certain birds of prey(kestrels) has run parallel with a marked increase in the numbers of peregrines, buzzards, and sparrowhawks, three species all of which prey on kestrels occasionally. However, the raptors mentioned also compete with the kestrel for breeding/hunting territory, theres examples where kestrels nested for decades until being ousted by peregrines, to blame low number on gamekeepers is far from the truth.

I'll let you into a little secret,the RSPB kill/cull many more birds in this country than ANY gamekeeper does, yes the very same organisation Joe public chucks their money at to "protect" birds...
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 21:06 - Oct 31 with 3428 views49thseason

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 19:18 - Oct 31 by nordenblue

You mention these like it's something new and suddenly happening in our generation,game shooting/hunting has been around for centuries and massively popular with the royals too and is a multi billion pound business in Britain.

A demise of certain birds of prey(kestrels) has run parallel with a marked increase in the numbers of peregrines, buzzards, and sparrowhawks, three species all of which prey on kestrels occasionally. However, the raptors mentioned also compete with the kestrel for breeding/hunting territory, theres examples where kestrels nested for decades until being ousted by peregrines, to blame low number on gamekeepers is far from the truth.

I'll let you into a little secret,the RSPB kill/cull many more birds in this country than ANY gamekeeper does, yes the very same organisation Joe public chucks their money at to "protect" birds...

http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/features/Pages/peregrine-falcons-in-rochdale.aspx
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 22:00 - Oct 31 with 3405 viewsNinco

Surely you can find a web site where this has more relevance than a football web site?
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 22:59 - Oct 31 with 3377 viewsnordenblue

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 21:06 - Oct 31 by 49thseason

http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/features/Pages/peregrine-falcons-in-rochdale.aspx

Yes they're an awesome sight, recently went to visit a friend who's lucky enough to fly 4 various falcons for a living up in Cumbria, them peregrines are something a bit special though.

There's Ospreys too that nest near Bassenthwaite in the Lakes,they are well worth a visit if you're over that way and maybe a cheeky pint of Jennings while you're at it.
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 23:22 - Oct 31 with 3352 viewsnordenblue

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 22:00 - Oct 31 by Ninco

Surely you can find a web site where this has more relevance than a football web site?

Are we all required to stick to football topics alone and never deviate,don't remember reading that rule.
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 08:28 - Nov 1 with 3264 viewsmikehunt

If you want the thread to have some relevance:
When we played at Oxford last season there was a falcon flying over the pitch most of the game. When I asked about this I was told it belonged to the club. It was kept to control pigeon numbers.
So come on Daley’s Who wants the head falconers job at t’th’Dale?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 08:59 - Nov 1 with 3249 viewsDaleiLama

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 08:28 - Nov 1 by mikehunt

If you want the thread to have some relevance:
When we played at Oxford last season there was a falcon flying over the pitch most of the game. When I asked about this I was told it belonged to the club. It was kept to control pigeon numbers.
So come on Daley’s Who wants the head falconers job at t’th’Dale?

Brendan Moore ………. as long as he doesn't have to catch the swooping falcon on his glove?

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 16:07 - Nov 1 with 3156 viewspedrodale

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 19:18 - Oct 31 by nordenblue

Hunting has been going on for a lot longer than centuries but I take your point. However these people are not hunting, they are chauffer driven up to the firing point and then the beaters send the Grouse toward them in such numbers they need someone to reload a second gun.
Now lets not blame the Peregrine, Buzzard or Sparrow Hawk on low numbers of Kestrels although as you say there is some overlap which is the balance of nature and certainly wont make Kestrel become extinct.
The gamekeepers/landowners are responsible for the killing of our birds of prey, time and time again satellite tagged birds go off the radar over Grouse moors, there is plenty of evidence to show this including video.
The carcases of the Grouse are left in open stink pits to lure in predators like Badgers and foxes even Stoats and Weasels which are exterminated.
The gamekeepers even kill the Mountain Hare because it competes with the Grouse for food.
I do understand that the RSPB cull the members of the Crow family from time to time to save ground nesting birds eggs from over predation.
There are more Carrion Crow in Britain than any other European Country one reason for this is that there are very few Goshawks, 40% of their diet consists of the Crow family.
We have to decide if we want to re connect and live with nature or watch its extinction.
All life is special.
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 19:23 - Nov 1 with 3088 viewsnordenblue

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 16:07 - Nov 1 by pedrodale

Hunting has been going on for a lot longer than centuries but I take your point. However these people are not hunting, they are chauffer driven up to the firing point and then the beaters send the Grouse toward them in such numbers they need someone to reload a second gun.
Now lets not blame the Peregrine, Buzzard or Sparrow Hawk on low numbers of Kestrels although as you say there is some overlap which is the balance of nature and certainly wont make Kestrel become extinct.
The gamekeepers/landowners are responsible for the killing of our birds of prey, time and time again satellite tagged birds go off the radar over Grouse moors, there is plenty of evidence to show this including video.
The carcases of the Grouse are left in open stink pits to lure in predators like Badgers and foxes even Stoats and Weasels which are exterminated.
The gamekeepers even kill the Mountain Hare because it competes with the Grouse for food.
I do understand that the RSPB cull the members of the Crow family from time to time to save ground nesting birds eggs from over predation.
There are more Carrion Crow in Britain than any other European Country one reason for this is that there are very few Goshawks, 40% of their diet consists of the Crow family.
We have to decide if we want to re connect and live with nature or watch its extinction.
All life is special.

All the things that you/I mentioned have gone on since day 1,so how can that now suddenly be blamed for a decrease in numbers of specific species, if as you say Gamekeepers kill many birds of prey purely to increase the numbers of grouse surely this has always happened too, the method of beating isn't anything new either,it goes on every season and always has.

While it's a multi million/billion pound industry these folk will take steps to increase their earning potential but this has always been the case, either legally or illegally.its not something that's just started recently.

Birds of prey numbers are on the rise so I'm not sure what exact birds you're referring to mind.
Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 21:18 - Nov 1 with 3042 viewsrochdale_ranger

Bye Bye Rhino and Tiger on 16:07 - Nov 1 by pedrodale

All life is special.

I miss grey and white dogshit on Britain’s streets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024