Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zach Clough 23:00 - Feb 9 with 8125 viewsgeraldo

What is it about ZC that Hill doesn't like - he couldn't wait for half time to substitute him even though he was one of the few who did anything positive in the first half having our only decent shot on target.
Hill seems to favour mediocrity over talent , is that because he finds the former easier to boss around?
Zach Clough on 23:03 - Feb 9 with 5543 viewsRotherhamDale

I don't know why he bothered coming back. Maybe he just couldn't wait to play alongside Calvin again.

Possession with progression.

Zach Clough on 23:08 - Feb 9 with 5527 viewsJames1980

Could it be because that was his first 45 mins competitive football in a while?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Zach Clough on 23:10 - Feb 9 with 5521 viewsRotherhamDale

Zach Clough on 23:08 - Feb 9 by James1980

Why would he play him from the start if he could only manage 45 mins?

Zach Clough on 23:12 - Feb 9 with 5513 viewsgeraldo

Zach Clough on 23:10 - Feb 9 by RotherhamDale

Bet he doesn't make the squad next match .......
Zach Clough on 23:14 - Feb 9 with 5504 viewsRotherhamDale

Zach Clough on 23:12 - Feb 9 by geraldo

Bet he doesn't make the squad next match .......

100%.

Zach Clough on 23:14 - Feb 9 with 5503 viewsJames1980

Zach Clough on 23:10 - Feb 9 by RotherhamDale

Could be at ht Zach said it was sensible to sub him. Why does it have to be an opportunity to bash the boss?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Zach Clough on 23:23 - Feb 9 with 5470 viewsRotherhamDale

Zach Clough on 23:14 - Feb 9 by James1980

Could be at ht Zach said it was sensible to sub him. Why does it have to be an opportunity to bash the boss?

I doubt Clough would ask to be subbed unless injured.

Hill obviously wanted more width so he brought Inman on... but why not take Calvin off? Because he wins a few headers and he helps at defending corners? Wow, tactical genius Hill.

Zach Clough on 23:26 - Feb 9 with 5457 viewsgeraldo

Had Clough stayed on the pitch he would have scored at least one of the two chances missed by Hendo and Calvin
Login to get fewer ads

Zach Clough on 23:27 - Feb 9 with 5455 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Zach Clough on 23:08 - Feb 9 by James1980

We were told that ZC was "match fit" not " half match fit".......as said in the match thread he look sharp in the 45 mins.
Zach Clough on 23:27 - Feb 9 with 5450 viewsscarrow

Clough did nothing first half and Inman nothing second half.

Poll: Final position

Zach Clough on 00:17 - Feb 10 with 5366 viewssweetcorn

Let not pretend clough wasn’t awful today.. he got subbed due to the fact he was conpletely ineffective..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Zach Clough on 00:48 - Feb 10 with 5336 viewsDaleFan7

Zach Clough on 00:17 - Feb 10 by sweetcorn

Let not pretend clough wasn’t awful today.. he got subbed due to the fact he was conpletely ineffective..

He was isolated chasing crap balls from our abysmal midfield today to be fair to him. He did at least look like he wanted to try. Unlike the man/boy who replaced him who is a complete waste of space in a team that needs to fight.

Although, yeah Clough wasn’t amazing today. I have the feeling that he’s the sort of player that will be anonymous for much of the game but take the chances that fall to him or score out of nothing. Can we afford that at the moment?
Zach Clough on 01:28 - Feb 10 with 5302 viewsFrog

We're just crap and even if Messi was playing we wouldn't be any better.
Zach Clough on 06:18 - Feb 10 with 5211 viewsinthenet

Zach Clough on 00:48 - Feb 10 by DaleFan7

He was isolated chasing crap balls from our abysmal midfield today to be fair to him. He did at least look like he wanted to try. Unlike the man/boy who replaced him who is a complete waste of space in a team that needs to fight.

Although, yeah Clough wasn’t amazing today. I have the feeling that he’s the sort of player that will be anonymous for much of the game but take the chances that fall to him or score out of nothing. Can we afford that at the moment?

Being replaced by Inman ...what a joke Hill needs to look at our No 9. And what he brings to our front line "nothing "

Rastrickblue

Zach Clough on 10:29 - Feb 10 with 4923 viewsmidlandsdale

I have come to the conclusion that you are either KH under a 'sue denim' or someone who lives life from inside a cotton wool filled bubble!!
Zach Clough on 10:32 - Feb 10 with 4909 viewsfunkkk

Feel sorry for the lad I'm sure his confidence has took a massive battering over the past 18 months. I work with a Bolton fan who asks after him all the time, he can't believe he can't stay in the team at L1 level.

This is a £3m player, give him a proper run of games and I'm sure we'll start to see why Forest paid so much for him. As he's agreed to come back his attitude must be right so Hill needs to stop tinkering and let him play.
Zach Clough on 10:43 - Feb 10 with 4863 viewsJimmyRustler

I think people are expecting a little too much too soon. Whilst physically fit, he's still got a way to go to get up to match speed. He's always been the kind of player who can be quiet for 89 minutes and then produce that one bit of match winning magic. If he gets chances then he will bag but the question is, can we provide enough for him? Based on yesterday's showing, the answer is a resounding no
Zach Clough on 13:02 - Feb 10 with 4677 viewsdingdangblue

In post match interview did anyone even ask Hill to explain Clough not appearing after ht ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Zach Clough on 13:06 - Feb 10 with 4660 viewsJimmyRustler

Zach Clough on 13:02 - Feb 10 by dingdangblue

In post match interview did anyone even ask Hill to explain Clough not appearing after ht ?

Haven't seen it but probably not. I'm sure he's a lovely lad but the interviewer is a bit of a wet blanket with the questions and the way he poses them. Mind you, this does beg the question, how much control does he have over what he can and can't ask?
Zach Clough on 13:42 - Feb 10 with 4587 views49thseason

Zach Clough on 10:43 - Feb 10 by JimmyRustler

I think people are expecting a little too much too soon. Whilst physically fit, he's still got a way to go to get up to match speed. He's always been the kind of player who can be quiet for 89 minutes and then produce that one bit of match winning magic. If he gets chances then he will bag but the question is, can we provide enough for him? Based on yesterday's showing, the answer is a resounding no

We have far too many players who are quiet for 89 minutes and only capable of one minute of magic. We need a team capable of being "at it" for 90 minutes plus extra time and produce magic often enough to win games. I am fed up with watching the Cloughs, Inmans Dones and Andrews who spend whole matches having zero effect on the opposition or the outcome.
Zach Clough on 13:47 - Feb 10 with 4567 viewsJimmyRustler

Zach Clough on 13:42 - Feb 10 by 49thseason

We have far too many players who are quiet for 89 minutes and only capable of one minute of magic. We need a team capable of being "at it" for 90 minutes plus extra time and produce magic often enough to win games. I am fed up with watching the Cloughs, Inmans Dones and Andrews who spend whole matches having zero effect on the opposition or the outcome.

Hendo aside, how many other matchwinners do we have in the squad? We need a team that is capable of creating chances for the likes of Hendo and Clough as opposed to them feeding off scraps and coming to the halfway line for the ball. Clough is a cut above any of the other players you mentioned there. He's a proven goalscorer; he just needs the service
Zach Clough on 14:37 - Feb 10 with 4477 viewsTomRAFC

When Lillis is fit an we can have another loanee in the squad, it'd be nice to see Dooley and Holden out wide with Clough and Hendo in the middle up front.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Zach Clough on 14:42 - Feb 10 with 4463 viewsfitzochris

Zach Clough on 14:37 - Feb 10 by TomRAFC

When Lillis is fit an we can have another loanee in the squad, it'd be nice to see Dooley and Holden out wide with Clough and Hendo in the middle up front.

The midfield would need to step up, however, to ensure they saw enough of the ball to be effective.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Zach Clough on 14:59 - Feb 10 with 4415 viewsNigeriamark

Zach Clough on 10:32 - Feb 10 by funkkk

Feel sorry for the lad I'm sure his confidence has took a massive battering over the past 18 months. I work with a Bolton fan who asks after him all the time, he can't believe he can't stay in the team at L1 level.

This is a £3m player, give him a proper run of games and I'm sure we'll start to see why Forest paid so much for him. As he's agreed to come back his attitude must be right so Hill needs to stop tinkering and let him play.

14 Games to go & Hill needs to start to decide on his best 11 & stick close to it for the remaining games with only minor rotation. Up front I would go with Hendo & Clough. The only way Clough will be effective as you say is to give him 3 or 4 consecutive games rather than 45 minutes to score or you are out. We have seen wher in and out goalkeeping got us. I think down the spine you have EEL & Probably Jim as looking the most likely ( Jim has looked better alongside EEL). Camps & Hamilton for me as centre mid although if Rathbone gets fit he would challenge. MaCLaughlin set at RFB. With whatever keeper is fit at the time that woulld be my first 8 on the teamsheet. Where we seem to lack is LB & both wide positions. I noticed that although Coventry wern’t great, they had a few players with genuine pace. At this level that’s going to get you chances. Those 3 places worry me because one allows us to be attacked & the other 2 are not creating any chances.

With places 15 - 23 now very tight its time for KH to earn his money especially at home
Zach Clough on 15:07 - Feb 10 with 4406 viewsdingdangblue

Zach Clough on 13:06 - Feb 10 by JimmyRustler

Haven't seen it but probably not. I'm sure he's a lovely lad but the interviewer is a bit of a wet blanket with the questions and the way he poses them. Mind you, this does beg the question, how much control does he have over what he can and can't ask?

Its not a trick question or even slightly controversial - all he needs to say is "is Zach Clough ok that he had to come off at ht"?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024