Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any thoughts? 14:05 - Jun 28 with 1220 viewsJames1980

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/rochdale-co

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Any thoughts? on 14:21 - Jun 28 with 1147 viewsDalenet

Pull it down and sell it as development land. There is so much redevelopment needed and clinging on to ugly useless buildings for the sake of it is pointless. Better to build some purpose built apartments that will last the next 100 years than convert this. Not a popular view I'm sure
Any thoughts? on 14:28 - Jun 28 with 1111 viewsKenBoon

Abysmal clickbait headline - "What will happen to derelict hotel every Rochdale person will know". It annoys me far more than it should.

But on the topic. If no private investor will touch the building then why should the council?
Any thoughts? on 14:40 - Jun 28 with 1074 viewsEllDale

The theory is that the Crescent is one of the first buildings that you see when you leave the station and walk down Maclure Road and is a bad first impression of Rochdale.
Unfortunately the rest of Drake Street down to Water Street will also need the same treatment (including the old Observer offices) because quite frankly it's a disgrace.
I walked down there last month and it was like I imagine a Third World country to be.
Any thoughts? on 16:18 - Jun 28 with 916 viewssmaclad1

While they're at it, the Council should CPO the eyesore next door that houses the Lib Dem office which would create a reasonably sized development plot.

The issues affecting lower Drake Street are ones similar to edge of town centres anywhere - town centre trade has moved on and a range of businesses of particular types - takeaways, solicitors, tattooists etc - come in to occupy buildings that are aged and falling into decline and all hope appears to be lost.

But don't fear! The Council, with the aid of other people's money, are riding to the rescue!

http://democracy.rochdale.gov.uk/documents/s62650/Drake%20Street%20Strategy.pdf

https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/in-your-area/north-west/rochdale-herita
Any thoughts? on 16:28 - Jun 28 with 892 viewsD_Alien

Whilst we're at it, what's with the hideous colour scheme being inflicted on us with the new shopping centre? Do the people who choose these things think maybe the plebs need their lives brightening up with dayglo orange or summat? It's just about as out of character with the other architectural features in the spruced up parts of the town centre (i.e. natural stone or glass/steel) as it's possible to be, and looks like someone let a kid with ADHD loose with a lego set. We'll be stuck with this legacy for years now, it's a f*cking disgrace

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Any thoughts? on 16:30 - Jun 28 with 877 viewsisitme

Any thoughts? on 16:28 - Jun 28 by D_Alien

Whilst we're at it, what's with the hideous colour scheme being inflicted on us with the new shopping centre? Do the people who choose these things think maybe the plebs need their lives brightening up with dayglo orange or summat? It's just about as out of character with the other architectural features in the spruced up parts of the town centre (i.e. natural stone or glass/steel) as it's possible to be, and looks like someone let a kid with ADHD loose with a lego set. We'll be stuck with this legacy for years now, it's a f*cking disgrace

I thought it was just me that hated it. It looks like something out of the 60/70s.
Any thoughts? on 17:28 - Jun 28 with 791 viewsrochdale_ranger

Any thoughts? on 16:30 - Jun 28 by isitme

I thought it was just me that hated it. It looks like something out of the 60/70s.

No jobs or industry in the town.it will always be a shithole .
Any thoughts? on 17:36 - Jun 28 with 751 viewsblackdogblue

Any thoughts? on 17:28 - Jun 28 by rochdale_ranger

No jobs or industry in the town.it will always be a shithole .

Welcome to Dogdale 😀

Talking of dogs in Dale, they need to get rid of the old slappers from round the station area as well, that would be an improvement on ”Welcome to Rochdale, here lies the hope & dreams of all that moved here many years ago”

[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 17:41]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024