Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM 15:38 - Oct 5 with 7061 viewsdamaka

3-0 down already, need to get rid of BBM asap
BBM on 15:40 - Oct 5 with 4164 viewsinthenet

I think the board need to get spending some money utter crap!

Rastrickblue

BBM on 15:41 - Oct 5 with 4161 viewsMolly

First post eh? Go away and try harder next time.
BBM on 15:42 - Oct 5 with 4151 viewsSuddenLad

Who do Bury play today.... ?? Oh..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM on 16:05 - Oct 5 with 3964 viewsfinberty

Not a viable comment.

Like that package.
BBM on 16:06 - Oct 5 with 3960 viewsmightydale

Should of said Dave Bottomley instead

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

BBM on 16:33 - Oct 5 with 3848 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Fook off!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

BBM on 17:07 - Oct 5 with 3751 viewsDaleyBrent

BBM on 16:33 - Oct 5 by Thacks_Rabbits

Fook off!

With BBM all the way. Given what must be the smallest playing budget in League 1 history and going through an incredibly tough time with injuries. I know this will be a spoof post but now is the time to get behind this young squad who are giving everything.
BBM on 17:13 - Oct 5 with 3717 viewsSuddenLad

BBM on 17:07 - Oct 5 by DaleyBrent

With BBM all the way. Given what must be the smallest playing budget in League 1 history and going through an incredibly tough time with injuries. I know this will be a spoof post but now is the time to get behind this young squad who are giving everything.

I'm behind BBM and every single player in the club, at whatever level. We have some true gems and some hard working members of staff. With the resources he has, BBM is working minor miracles.

This club has never, ever lacked ambition on the scale that it does now.

Login to get fewer ads

BBM on 17:17 - Oct 5 with 3686 viewsDaleyBrent

BBM on 17:13 - Oct 5 by SuddenLad

I'm behind BBM and every single player in the club, at whatever level. We have some true gems and some hard working members of staff. With the resources he has, BBM is working minor miracles.

This club has never, ever lacked ambition on the scale that it does now.

So so true. Think we have a very special manager in there given the right backing. We HAVE to stick together and get through this.
BBM on 17:18 - Oct 5 with 3675 viewsJames1980

I was going to post. With all the injuries, Lillis will be playing as an outfield player before long. But thought best not that is a silly thing to put. But nowhere near as silly as the OP on this thread.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM on 17:31 - Oct 5 with 3628 views49thseason

BBM on 17:17 - Oct 5 by DaleyBrent

So so true. Think we have a very special manager in there given the right backing. We HAVE to stick together and get through this.

No point in getting on BBMs case he can only play the cards he has been dealt. I guess there must have been a thought in the back of every fan's mind when the team was announced that today might not go well. A team with no centre backs will struggle at any level of football, As supporters, we have known the centre back situation was weak and has been for the last 3 seasons, The loss of O'Connell and Magloire was unpredictable but the lack of cover wasn't. I think the purse strings are stretched to the maximum at the moment and we are operating on a distinct one in, one out basis. Essentially we urgently need to offload the likes of Lillis, Andrew McLaughlin, Delaney, Done, Wilbraham and probably Ryan, some won't play, some can't play and some are too injury prone to be useful. 7 out and 4 in would be good business in January if the 4 were 2 more centre-halves and 2 forwards.
BBM on 19:16 - Oct 5 with 3214 viewsnordenblue

BBM on 17:31 - Oct 5 by 49thseason

No point in getting on BBMs case he can only play the cards he has been dealt. I guess there must have been a thought in the back of every fan's mind when the team was announced that today might not go well. A team with no centre backs will struggle at any level of football, As supporters, we have known the centre back situation was weak and has been for the last 3 seasons, The loss of O'Connell and Magloire was unpredictable but the lack of cover wasn't. I think the purse strings are stretched to the maximum at the moment and we are operating on a distinct one in, one out basis. Essentially we urgently need to offload the likes of Lillis, Andrew McLaughlin, Delaney, Done, Wilbraham and probably Ryan, some won't play, some can't play and some are too injury prone to be useful. 7 out and 4 in would be good business in January if the 4 were 2 more centre-halves and 2 forwards.

Why are the purse strings being stretched so much like everyone is now talking about, we've just had a fair few quid totally unexpected too, we've a far far smaller squad than previous years so how is it that we're now paying far less players yet have less money?

I understand we run at a loss,but guessing we always have done so that's nothing new either, do the board take a wage out of the club and has that always been the case too?
BBM on 19:23 - Oct 5 with 3188 viewsfitzochris

BBM on 19:16 - Oct 5 by nordenblue

Why are the purse strings being stretched so much like everyone is now talking about, we've just had a fair few quid totally unexpected too, we've a far far smaller squad than previous years so how is it that we're now paying far less players yet have less money?

I understand we run at a loss,but guessing we always have done so that's nothing new either, do the board take a wage out of the club and has that always been the case too?

In the past few months we have brought in around £1.8 million: Dawson £900k, Adshead £400k, United cup money £500k. We also raised money in January by selling McGahey for around £200K, Cannon for around £100K and Rafferty for around £100K.

Bottomley has told someone I know that we budget to lose around £400k per season.

Soooo...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBM on 19:29 - Oct 5 with 3167 viewsnordenblue

BBM on 19:23 - Oct 5 by fitzochris

In the past few months we have brought in around £1.8 million: Dawson £900k, Adshead £400k, United cup money £500k. We also raised money in January by selling McGahey for around £200K, Cannon for around £100K and Rafferty for around £100K.

Bottomley has told someone I know that we budget to lose around £400k per season.

Soooo...

Even using my fag packet maths there is still a £1.4m in credit,and that's taking the full 400k season loss out in one go.

Has the clubs losses rapidly increased with a change of chairman and CEO then I do wonder, as I'd guess the playing budget has decreased to some tune during the same period?
BBM on 19:34 - Oct 5 with 3138 viewsfitzochris

BBM on 19:29 - Oct 5 by nordenblue

Even using my fag packet maths there is still a £1.4m in credit,and that's taking the full 400k season loss out in one go.

Has the clubs losses rapidly increased with a change of chairman and CEO then I do wonder, as I'd guess the playing budget has decreased to some tune during the same period?

Those are the questions that still need answers.

I believe the pitch debacle has cost a fair few quid, too, but not enough to wipe out the revenue.

BBM on 19:36 - Oct 5 with 3110 views49thseason

Soooo...

Is that the same £400k that we seem to spend on a new pitch each season?
BBM on 19:50 - Oct 5 with 3052 viewsShun

Obvious troll is obvious.
BBM on 20:02 - Oct 5 with 2989 viewsYorkshire_Dale

BBM on 19:29 - Oct 5 by nordenblue

When Bottomley took over/ ousted Chris Dunphy, was there talk that the new CEO would be a paid position henceforth or am I dreaming this?

Does Bot- Bot get ANY kind of remuneration akin to what Stephen Dale was allegedly skimming from bury fc for his Admin fees?.

I think there has been a bit of a wake up call with what's happened at BL9 and we should be questioning our own leaders.

The trouble is that what happens in the Board room tends to stay there.

How to we get accountability then?
BBM on 20:10 - Oct 5 with 2964 viewsSuddenLad

BBM on 20:02 - Oct 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

When Bottomley took over/ ousted Chris Dunphy, was there talk that the new CEO would be a paid position henceforth or am I dreaming this?

Does Bot- Bot get ANY kind of remuneration akin to what Stephen Dale was allegedly skimming from bury fc for his Admin fees?.

I think there has been a bit of a wake up call with what's happened at BL9 and we should be questioning our own leaders.

The trouble is that what happens in the Board room tends to stay there.

How to we get accountability then?

Be a shareholder in Rochdale AFC.

As a mere spectator and supporter, I'd still like to know how the club successfully appoint a respected and coveted man like James Mason to run the club, (to the envy of other clubs), only to find him shoved out through the door within weeks, his position (and presumably the handsome salary) then being taken by an existing Director of the club.

Not bad when you can apparently walk into a very well paid CEO job like that, with apparently so little opposition and so few questions.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 22:09]

BBM on 20:30 - Oct 5 with 2905 viewsnordenblue

BBM on 20:10 - Oct 5 by SuddenLad

As a mere spectator and supporter, I'd still like to know how the club successfully appoint a respected and coveted man like James Mason to run the club, (to the envy of other clubs), only to find him shoved out through the door within weeks, his position (and presumably the handsome salary) then being taken by an existing Director of the club.

Not bad when you can apparently walk into a very well paid CEO job like that, with apparently so little opposition and so few questions.

The CEOs job will have been advertised surely for other interested/possible applicants, oh......
BBM on 20:32 - Oct 5 with 2898 viewsYorkshire_Dale

BBM on 20:10 - Oct 5 by SuddenLad

Thanks Sudden I think you have answered my question.....so Bot-Bot was an unpaid Director working for the Club on an "honour" basis?

James Mason had arrived from Bradford and appeared to be knocking the Club into a better 21st Century shape but on an increased salary from the previous CEO for that work?

Then Chris D gets ousted as Chairman... (details to follow?) and James Mason goes missing and sets up his Agency.

At this time Bot-Bot fills in as CEO, with salary, and effectively starts to run the Club lock stock and smoking barrel?

Is that the sequence of events?

Have I missed anything?
BBM on 20:37 - Oct 5 with 2875 viewsnordenblue

BBM on 20:32 - Oct 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

Thanks Sudden I think you have answered my question.....so Bot-Bot was an unpaid Director working for the Club on an "honour" basis?

James Mason had arrived from Bradford and appeared to be knocking the Club into a better 21st Century shape but on an increased salary from the previous CEO for that work?

Then Chris D gets ousted as Chairman... (details to follow?) and James Mason goes missing and sets up his Agency.

At this time Bot-Bot fills in as CEO, with salary, and effectively starts to run the Club lock stock and smoking barrel?

Have I missed anything?

I'd slow down with them comments,you'll be getting a surprise phonecall from the club with that sort of information on here
BBM on 20:49 - Oct 5 with 2825 viewsfitzochris

Soooo...

Actually, I’ve looked into this. Under the terms of the deal, West Brom don’t get payment for Dawson until next year, meaning we don’t either.

BBM on 21:26 - Oct 5 with 2709 viewsThacks_Rabbits

BBM on 20:32 - Oct 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

Have I missed anything?

If those details are correct YD, I would be extremely worried!

No director of Rochdale should ever be paid a salary, if they can afford to become a director or chairman then you know what your walking into here. Sure if you loan the club 100k and we make a substantial sum, that loan should be repaid.

I have no idea if The Bot has the qualifications to be a CEO or even a chairman, but I would suggest no other club would appoint him as a CEO, he is doing it because he can here.

I would hope he is doing it pay free with the view to getting a permanent appointment in place, someone with more experience, maybe a question for the trust to ask?

The reason bURY are gone is they waited 5 years to question anything, it appears that DB is being questioned already, and I would suggest this will continue until we get answers.

Had we won today incidentally, I still think the same questions would be being asked, as the squad is clearly lacking in depth!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

BBM on 22:00 - Oct 5 with 2616 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

BBM on 20:49 - Oct 5 by fitzochris

Actually, I’ve looked into this. Under the terms of the deal, West Brom don’t get payment for Dawson until next year, meaning we don’t either.

Hear what you say about the Dawson money but minus that still adds up to approx 1million. That’s good money for any club in the bottom half of league 1. Need to ask some serious questions about the finances of the club at the moment especially with the squad being trimmed back to the extent it has. IMO it would be a disaster to get relegated due to loss of tv money, sponsorship cash etc.
We have worked bloody hard to get where we are, don’t throw it away lightly.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 22:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024